Mario Kart 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how coins are back!

Metal Mario was a powerup for Mario from SM64 correct? It would be weird seeing him playable considering in SM64 it makes you really strong and almost invincible lol.

I think the Lakitu was a really nice touch though. Has he been a playable character before this? And also, I don't think I've seen one with a red shell before.
 
Metal Mario: Yes, he was a power up from Super Mario 64.

Lakitu: Nope, he's never been a playable character before this, unless you count Lakilester from Paper Mario. The one with a red shell is probably there to show that it's different than the normal one you see that usually do the hosting, camera controlling, and the starting race countdown.
 
I have mixed feelings about the coins; cool to see them come back but it's very annoying when other people hit me and I lose coins cus of them..

Metal Mario's kind of cool, although I think he would have been better off as an item or 'skin' for Mario. Lakitu's also kind of cool but I hate using characters that are only playable in one game. I like to stick to one character throughout a series as much as possible. Just a pet peeve of mine, can't help it!
 
Nook said:
Waluigi became a regular in the Mario Kart series
Yeah but even so...

Being in three games in a row doesn't mean he'll stick by till the end. Regulars Yoshi and Wario weren't in the latest Tennis game. Luigi wasn't in two golf games. DK was a regular for MP until he was (kinda) taken out.

Sure, some of them had their reasons for not being playable anymore but still. How many games a character is in doesn't matter.. It's the general reception of that character, unless Nintendo doesn't really care about that stuff haha
 
Shy Guy playable (hopefully not just for Downloadable play), Luigi's Raceway from MK64, an SNES course, and a new track featuring a giant inflatable Toad. :p

Shy_guy_mk7.jpg


Shy_guy_2_mk7.jpg


Koopa_luigi_mk64.jpg


Mii_mk7.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top