Brawl Or Melee?

Pick One!

  • Brawl

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Melee

    Votes: 13 68.4%

  • Total voters
    19
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you asked me back then, I would of said Melee, I spent so much time into that game, I can't play it anymore though... ever since Brawl came out, I really can't play Melee and be like "Yay, this is so much fun!", it is fun, but not compared to Brawl for me...

But if you ask me now... I would have to go with Brawl, the amount of content, more defensive/floaty style, Wi-Fi (though sucky, it's usable with friends) really make the game for me. The game does have quite a few flaws (DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE CHARACTERS LOL), so I can understand when people say they dislike the game.
 
Melee, obviously. It was played out well, and didn't have annoying mechanics like tripping that Brawl had. Stages were great, too. Despite the fact that Brawl has more content than Melee did, game play terms for Melee wins.

I would say Brawl for content and the trophies, but that's not enough to win over Melee.
 
I prefer Brawl because I loved the Subspace Emissary, being able to choose from a wide variety of music  per stage and I liked having the option of playing Multiplayer. Plus, there was a spectate mode! I love being able to watch other people; I get disappointed when games don't have spectate mode. :p
 
Like Staryu, if you asked me back then, I'd say Melee. I played it almost everyday back then. :p

Unfortunately I can't play Melee anymore since I'm too used to brawl mechanics and I like the content in brawl better, so I prefer brawl. Melee is too fast for me. XD
Plus on Brawl I can survive forever since there's not much hitstun. LOL

Of course, I'm not saying they're perfect, as both games needed to be improved on balance and other things. =P

 
Bloody Soul Kinetic said:
★Plum★ said:
I even think Melee's roster is better than Brawls.

*stares at that for an excessive amount of time*

You can't...be serious...

I know that Brawl has a big roster compared to Melee...but when I look at Brawl's roster, it is far more better.

I can at least tolerate everyone in Melee, but in Brawl there are just to many I can't even stand like Toon Link and Snake. I had no real problems with anyone in Melee whereas with Brawl I either like the character or strongly hate their guts.
 
Melee is superior to Brawl in every way, shape, and form. Not only did Brawl take away cool shit like wavedashing, but added stupid crap like tripping and Final Smashes that makes the overall fighting experience less enjoyable. Brawl physics are clunky and painful to hardly savour. Melee had that fast-paced freedom of fighting that should be in every close combat fighting game. Yes, Brawl had more content, but let's examine that content. A horrible Stage Builder, 30 second game demos that are not worth shit playing, Sticker/Trophy Dioramas (Do any of you play around with those features? I'm guessing fuck no), and a useless Chronicle nobody gives a crap reading about. The only thing I liked were the challenges and the Sound Test/My Music content. SSE was a terrible Kirby-esque story mode that lacked that "Nintendo atmosphere" that Melee's simple Adventure Mode had. Melee definitely had more creativity and enjoyment to make it a better installment than Brawl.
 
Melee by a long shot for me. Melee just generally felt more fun and better to me throughout the time I played it in comparison to Brawl. The physics were more heavier (less floaty) and the overall gameplay was much more faster paced. Some people may have been discouraged by it and prefer Brawl's more balanced gameplay; however, the more faster paced engine of Melee really made it more enjoyable to me. Perhaps this is why I enjoy going back to playing Melee to this day rather than Brawl.

I also loved many of the characters from Melee (most of which were removed such as Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo). They may have been clones; however, they were very enjoyable to use from time to time.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top