Donkey Kong Country Returns

What did you like most of DKCR?

  • The Gameplay.

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • The Graphics.

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • The New Bosses.

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • The Levels

    Votes: 4 66.7%
  • The Plot.

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    6
I'm sorry, but being a DKC fan, I am really disappointed by the outcome of things.

It looks like they completely mutilated the formula for the trilogy, replacing the Kool Kremlings with stupid-ass Tikis that don't even fit in culturally with the island. Plus, Co-Op mode looks pretty lazy, as you can have one person do all the work while the other just sits back and relax (*ahem*Diddy riding on DK's back). Same type of deal happened in NSMBWii which didn't make it fun there either, so why implant that kind of Co-Op in Returns?

We really only have 2 teaser trailers and only a couple of sources covering the game, and knowing Nintendo PR, they'll probably release more videos only 2 weeks from it's release date since they're a bunch of stupidasses. So far, though, the game looks like it sucks and doesn't look promising. Retro should stick with Metroid Prime.
 
Aegis said:
I'm sorry, but being a DKC fan, I am really disappointed by the outcome of things.

It looks like they completely mutilated the formula for the trilogy, replacing the Kool Kremlings with stupid-ass Tikis that don't even fit in culturally with the island. Plus, Co-Op mode looks pretty lazy, as you can have one person do all the work while the other just sits back and relax (*ahem*Diddy riding on DK's back). Same type of deal happened in NSMBWii which didn't make it fun there either, so why implant that kind of Co-Op in Returns?

We really only have 2 teaser trailers and only a couple of sources covering the game, and knowing Nintendo PR, they'll probably release more videos only 2 weeks from it's release date since they're a bunch of stupidasses. So far, though, the game looks like it sucks and doesn't look promising. Retro should stick with Metroid Prime.

It doesn't look like a true DKC game but it still looks fun. The problem with NSMBW's co-op is that is was just a mess with everyone getting in each others way, this game doesn't have that kinda of co-op. Diddy can just ride on DK's back if the part is too difficult for the player, Diddy can go off on his own you know. The new enemies I can ignore as long as the gameplay is good.
 
DonkeyKongCountryReturnsBox.jpg
 
Vipsoccermaster said:
That's a pretty cool box-art, but I'll believe that's the Australian version.
How can you tell it's Australian?
Lightning_Daisy said:
I will eventually get this but not right when it comes out maybe a month or 2 after the release, and Im really glad they made a Donkey Kong Country. I really liked the 1st one so I think i'll like this one
Yea I'll probably get it a month or 2 after the game gets released as well, I'm not that crazy for it.

And is that Rambi on the cover?
 
Back
Top