Advent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advent starts this coming Sunday, and what's worse is that SZ still abstains electronics like before. Another thing that's worse is that we have one more day of Advent than we had last year.

Sunday, November 28, 2010 is when it begins, and Friday, December 24, 2010 at evening is when it ends, at least for SZ.

What are you doing this time around? Going to church?
 
Well, I don't go to church or do any type of this religious stuff...so...no.
 
Grasshopper said:
No. I never even knew about this "Advent" thing. But yeah; I don't do anything for it. And I'm a Christian.

It's more of a Catholic thing like lent.  I've never heard of any other denomination observing it. Although I could be wrong. The big thing here is that SZ will be gone still. I really wish that he'd come on.. This is ridiculous.
 
MattC13 said:
lol

Advent is lighting a candle every Sunday for 4 weeks.

Hard work right there.
Doesn't seem that hard. Light up the first pink candle across from the purple candle, until the next Sunday, you light up two pink candles, third Sunday, you light up two pink and the purple. By the fourth Sunday, you light up all candles. You still have to do this throughout the week and do a prayer. It's easy work. Only times we don't is probably when we go out to dinner.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top