Anti-Procrastination Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. The name speaks for itself. I'm in an Advanced Placement (AP) European History class in my high school. My teacher requires my class to read a chapter (20-35) pages in our book on our own time. I generally divide the pages I need to read into 5 (Example: If I need to read 25 pages in a week, I read 5 a day). After reading it, I need to take notes on it, whether I want to or not.

I always say that I'll do half of it, take a break, and do the rest. I always find myself procrastinating and not finishing it in time. What should I do?
 
The first thing to do is to set a Time Management Plan. Work that out, by working and taking breaks every hour or so, and stsay focused on what you need to do for your homeowrk assignment. A lot of people procrastinate to the last minute, but you shouldn't be doing this by the time you get to college. Start working early to get the best results. When it is first assigned, start working on it and decide how much you would need to do day-by-day.

Advanced Placement classes are no pushovers, stay committed to the course, and don't fall behind. Hope this helps, yoshi15.

Good luck in your Advanced Placement European History class. :)
 
Personally, I don't think there's much you can do about procrastination. I think some people just can't motivate themselves to do something until the last minute. I know I can't, but I also work pretty well under pressure when I've procrastinated.

5 pages really isn't that much though, so just try to stick it out through the whole 5 pages and don't take a break in the middle. And at least for me, I think it helps to take notes as I go along.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top