Animal Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to choose a book for my Novel Analysis for English last month and of course I went for the easiest book on the list : Animal Farm by George Orwell.

This was my second time reading this book and I have to say that I really enjoy the way the story is told in such a simple writing style but it still gives you a great sense of whats going on. The story is about animals running their own famr with an pigs constantly seeking power in their roles of the farm. There is a lot of symbolism and themes that relate to Soviet Union of the 1940s, which makes sense since the book was also made in the 1940s and really brought attention to the corruption of the Soviet Union at that time. I suggest it to anyone since it is such a simple read yet has so many meanings.
 
It wasn't really meant to be referenced to the Soviet Union altogether, but more on a totalitarianism society. The pigs are the corrupted party, the dogs are the secret police, Animalism can be referenced to both Marxist-Leninism and Nazism, and the poor farm animals are the poor citizens of a chaotic system.

If you thought Animal Farm was good, you should read 1985, same author.
 
Linus Van Pelt said:
It wasn't really meant to be referenced to the Soviet Union altogether, but more on a totalitarianism society. The pigs are the corrupted party, the dogs are the secret police, Animalism can be referenced to both Marxist-Leninism and Nazism, and the poor farm animals are the poor citizens of a chaotic system.

If you thought Animal Farm was good, you should read 1985, same author.

1984. =P

I'm going to get either Animal Farm or 1984 for my birthday or Christmas, depending on how I feel, since both novels shape up George Orwell's writing career very profoundly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top