Poll

What system should the next Mario Party be for?

Nintendo 3DS
5 (29.4%)
Nintendo Wii U
9 (52.9%)
Both!!
3 (17.6%)
Other (if possible)
0 (0%)
I don't Care!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: What Platform do you think the next Mario Party will be for?  (Read 6081 times)

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
What Platform do you think the next Mario Party will be for?
« on: March 20, 2013, 03:54:07 PM »
I couldn't find a topic like this. So do you think the Next Mario Party will be for the Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS. They probably won't work on the next one for awhile because Wii Party U but I think it will be on the Wii U. Too bad I don't have one yet.....
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
Re: What Platform do you think the next Mario Party will be for?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 04:02:51 PM »
I think it is going to be for the Wii U (at least I hope) because I do not own a 3DS. Since Wii Party is coming out this summer, Mario Party might be in development for next year or after the summer. But who knows they might make one for both systems.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
I think it might be for the 3DS next. Wii Party U is coming soon, and it will be for the Wii U. ND Cube will take a break from partying after that for a bit, and work on a Mario Party 3DS for the Nintendo 3DS. It could be in development, only quietly. For Wii U, that probably won't come for a while.

Offline TheFrozenFairy

• us 
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
I think it is going to be for the Wii U (at least I hope) because I do not own a 3DS. Since Wii Party is coming out this summer, Mario Party might be in development for next year or after the summer. But who knows they might make one for both systems.

Yeah, I forgot it could be for both platforms. Another Mario Party being announced this year is unlikely, but possible. They might go for both like the next Smash Brothers, having plenty of differences. We might be surprised. I think I'll add a poll for this topic.
"Darn, I love the cold. I mean, I just plain love it!"- Sir Weston, Luigi's Mansion

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »
Probably the 3DS.
Not for a while with Wii Party U though.

Offline Gameguy1996

• us 
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 04:51:37 PM »
 I think the ND Cube B team might be working on Mario Party 3DS. I would not expect one on the Wii U any time soon.

Thanks DJ Swangler

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:48:53 PM »
I believe the next one will come out for the WiiU.
This is saying, since Wii Party is currently being made, there won't really be a Mario Party for quite some time. (DS one came out quite late too, and I don't think they wouldn't think of another portable one until they do something with it on the WiiU)

Offline I'm Batman

• I am one with the Bat
  • au 
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 12:48:21 AM »
I think 3DS will come first. Seeing as it's been out for a while one should be coming around. Then a Wii U one will come once that's been out a little longer. Or ND Cube could do a Hudson move (not saying Hudson was bad) and release one this year and another one next year. Hopefully not though
"Madness is the emergency exit. You can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away... forever." ―Joker
  Thanks eboyblue3

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 12:51:59 AM »
I think 3DS will come first. Seeing as it's been out for a while one should be coming around. Then a Wii U one will come once that's been out a little longer. Or ND Cube could do a Hudson move (not saying Hudson was bad) and release one this year and another one next year. Hopefully not though
They could pull out that move, as ND Cube still has the people from Hudson. But I doubt they would do that move anymore.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 08:08:11 AM »
WiiU

I think 3DS is about pretty much done

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 09:06:02 AM »
What do you mean the 3DS is pretty much done?

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 10:38:52 AM »

It's bound to stop
If WiiU games are halted a bit, it might come for 3DS

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:21 AM »

It's bound to stop
If WiiU games are halted a bit, it might come for 3DS
Bound to stop? I highly doubt it.

It may have a rough start after it launched, but it came back big-time after the August 2011 price drop and the Mario games in Holiday 2011. Now, the Nintendo 3DS has sold a lot, to about nearly 30 million worldwide. Nintendo isn't going to put a stop to the 3DS after only two years on the market.

As for Wii U, it will come eventually. Give it time, the console has only been out for four months. Sales may be slow, but just wait until Holiday 2013 where it will come with a bang. ND Cube will definitely put Mario Party on the 3DS and Wii U eventually. Saying the console(s) will stop after a short time will be very unlikely. They only stopped quickly after the launching of Virtual Boy 1995 and the Nintendo DD, an add-on for the Nintendo 64. Wii U and 3DS will keep going, despite the situation the 3DS had and the Wii U is currently having. Both consoles will be fine. Even Wii Party U is announced for Wii U and is slated for Summer 2013. Makes no sense if they stop now if they have already sold a lot of consoles since their launch.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 02:37:02 PM »
My gut is telling me 3DS, but I would much rather see it on the Wii U.

Maybe in three or four years. :P That is if you're talking about the 3DS life cycle.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »
My gut is telling me 3DS, but I would much rather see it on the Wii U.

Maybe in three or four years. :P That is if you're talking about the 3DS life cycle.
If it is, then I still disagree. I think for at least seven or eight years. Nintendo DS had its time from 2004 to 2012, from Super Mario 64 DS to Pokmon Black 2/White 2. Nintendo 3DS will probably still see that kind of length. From Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D to who knows what last big title will be.