My Solo Mode Attempt - Story

Intro - (Will upload pictures and a video when I get some)

It was a beautiful night. All of the Mini-stars were glittering bright in the sky...

Mario and his friends all decided it would have been a good night to go star-gazing. They were all outside - enjoying the stars - until...

Huh? What that appearing in the sky? It appears to be sucking all of the mini-stars into it!

It gradually is growing as well - and everyone starts to notice it. What was going on up there?

Of course! Bowser is using a machine to suck all of the mini-stars right out of the sky! That fiend!

"Bwahahaha! I did it! Now to put these mini-stars to good use!"

It was then, that Yoshi decided that they all had to go get back the stolen mini-stars. Everyone nods in agreement.

So then everyone takes off, leaded by Yoshi, to go and hunt down the mini-stars Bowser stole.

However - Shy Guy and Kamek are following closely behind, trying to stop them in their path.

Will Yoshi be able to restore the mini-stars stolen by Bowser?

This is it - my first solo mode attempt - will be gradually be brought up with a story involved with it as well.
I will be trying to achieve the highest rank possible ~ so enjoy as I travel go through solo mode.

Rankings -

Current total - 0 mini-stars
Required for goal - 550 mini-stars
Mini-stars remaining - 550 mini-stars

Next Stage : Toad Road

 
Green fields and a slight breeze - a nice place to enjoy a picnic, even.
This is Toad Road - the first stage in the game.

Bowser is just playing around with his mini-stars ~ happy he finally got them

"Bwahaha! These mini-stars are ALL MINE!" He laughed.

"Dad! We've got a problem!" Bowser Jr. storms in saying

"Yoshi and Kamek are heading for the grassland stage! If we don't hurry, they'll take all of the mini-stars back!"

"WHAT?" Bowser yelled. "So - they're heading for Toad Road... Bwahahahahah! I'll send my top minions to deal with them!"

Bowser then makes a ball of darkness - and out of that darkness comes Lakitu and Wiggler

"Lakitu! Wigggler! Listen up! Head to the grasslands to show Yoshi's team what's what!"

Simple stage - right? Only Yoshi (me) and Kamek arrived here so it's a 1-on-1 duel.
Simple as such I don't remember this much (other than the fact that I dominated in everything), so this is all I'm going to type here -

Rankings -
Toad Road -
Yoshi - 82 mini-stars
Kamek - 67 mini-stars

Current total - 82 mini-stars
Required for goal - 550 mini-stars
Mini-stars remaining - 468 mini-stars

Next Stage : Bob-omb Factory
 
Heavy machinery, conveyer belts, and a lot of Bob-ombs around these parts...
This is Bob-omb Factory - found right after the path from Toad Road

Once again, Bowser is just staring at his mini-stars he stole

"These mini-stars are so beautiful! And they're all mine! Gwahahah!" He laughed

"Bad news, Dad!" Bowser Jr. storms in saying

"Yoshi and Kamek made it through Toad Road and are now heading off to the factory with Peach and Toad as well!"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY? Yoshi's Team!" He yelled.

"So they're heading to... a factory? You mean our supersecret factory where we make most of our evil stuff? That's Bob-omb Factory!

"Bwahahahahah!" He laughed again, "If they think they can throw a wrench in my factory, they haven't met my mighty minions!

Bowser then makes a ball of darkness - and out of that darkness comes Whomp and King Bob-omb

"Whomp! King Bob-omb! Listen up!! Grind their gears!"

"Wow - these guys are super intimidating!" Bowser Jr. stated

"Gwahahah! Pretty sweet, huh?!"

Here I am again - heading off to Bob-omb factory - but this time, Toad and Peach have joined the party with me and Kamek.
This time - I actually know some of he things that had happened this game ~ so I'll have no problem saying the most important events here.

Bob-omb's were not even a problem in this stage! ~ I kept passing them on right before they blew up.

The Captain Event of this stage was easy too - even though it was Toad who got to control it. Both me and Kamek got the maximum of 18 mini-stars from it!

Finally - the boss versus King Bob-omb~ I HATED THIS!!! Everyone kept on crashing into each other and no one could score because of that!
When we finally reached the halfway point of the boss, we started to crash into the same person over and over! (Me and Peach ~ Kamek and Toad)
Of course - due to my luck ~ Kamek and Toad finally get things settled, and they start getting many attacks on me. Peach still followed me where I went  :what:

Oh well - I still got a good score in the end (Tied it with Toad Road somehow...) ~ and I'm happy that even if I wasn't in this game, Kamek didn't come first!

Rankings -
Bob-omb Factory -
Yoshi - 82 mini-stars
Toad -  57 mini-stars
Kamek - 44 mini-stars
Peach - 19 mini-stars

Current total - 164 mini-stars
Required for goal - 550 mini-stars
Mini-stars remaining - 386 mini-stars

Next Stage : Boo's Horror Castle
 
It's a CASTLE!!! ...and IT'S FLYING!!! ~ well, kind of...
This is Boo's Horror Castle... wait - this place is haunted!?

Bowser, once again, is staring at his mini-stars and carefully observing them...

"Gosh, I could stare at these mini-stars forever..." He says

"Dad! Dad! Don't get mad, but Yoshi's team once again made it through the area!" Bowser Jr. storms in saying

"WHAT?! You say they toppled BOTH of my magnificent minions?!" Bowser yelled.

"Now they're heading for that spooky-castle stage! We have to stop them before the rescue any more mini-stars!" Bowser Jr. stated

"Spooky-castle stage? You mean that one with terrible ghosts and the worst decorating? That's Boo's Horror Castle!

"Bwaha! Bwaha! Bwaha!" He laughed again, "My Fearsome, scary minions will show them the true meaning of scary fearsomeness!"

Bowser then makes a ball of darkness - and out of that darkness comes Dry Bones and King Boo

"Dry Bones! King Boo! Listen up!"

"Aaaah! What a spine-chilling pair!" Bowser Jr. stated

"Bwahahah! I know right?"

"Dry Bones and King Boo! Scare the pants off of them!"

Stage 3 of solo mode - Boo's Horror Castle! One of my favorite stages!
This time - I have a whole new team of people instead of those from before! Here's ShyGuy, Luigi, and Wario!
...ok, I know ShyGuy is working for Bowser - but he helped me so much here ~ I basically am going to call him a ally!

How, you might ask? I'll start off with when we started the level ~ Wario was the one to enter the castle - making ShyGuy be first to hit the dice block in there. You know what happens? Boo catches him. ShyGuy is the Boo magnet here.

That made this level a cakewalk! I had nothing to worry about because ShyGuy seems to keep hitting the Boos! (Luigi and Wario did get hit at one point ~ but the main thing is that I never got hit.)

It did get really though to avoid them at one point, though. It was at the final loop area (3rd lap around - I believe), and I was somehow surrounded by 2 Boos - one directly behind me, and one 3 spaces ahead. What else was I suppose to do? I used my 1-3 randomly because I wan't happy - not noticing the  :green: that I happen to land on - WARP! - and I'm out ;D

Yes - I had good luck that game! ...most likely reason why I got a better score than the other two!

Rankings -
Boo's Horror Castle -
Yoshi - 95 mini-stars
ShyGuy - 45 mini-stars
Luigi - 29 mini-stars
Wario - 19 mini-stars

Current total - 259 mini-stars
Required for goal - 550 mini-stars
Mini-stars remaining - 291 mini-stars

Next Stage : Blooper Beach
 
Beach? Looks like the ocean to me... with a bunch of tiny islands in between...
This is Blooper Beach... hey, you guy's notice how there are 3 stages that start with a B?

Bowser, once again, is staring at his mini-stars and carefully observing them... (Wow, he's been doing that a lot...)

"Watching these mini-stars is like taking a tiny vacation..." He said

"Dad! Something terrible has happened again!" Bowser Jr. storms in saying

"Yoshi's team is still heading this way!"

"Oh, man not again... YOSHI. I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS!" Bowser yelled.

"They're on their was to that sandy-ocean stage! They must want to steal more mini-stars!" Bowser Jr. stated

"Sandy-ocean stage?" Bowser once again had to explain, "The one filled with Dolphins ans Sushies and all the sunshine a guy could ever want? That's Blooper Beach!

"My marine minions will make fish bait out of 'em!"

Bowser then makes a ball of darkness - and out of that darkness comes Cheep Cheep and Blooper.

"Cheep Cheep! Blooper! Listen up!"

"Oh, ya! This should go swimmingly!" Bowser Jr. stated

"Bwahahah! You know it! I only hire the highest-grade minions!"

"Cheep Cheep! Blooper! Sink those landlubbers!"

Off to Blooper Beach ~ which is in the ocean...
This time - my team consists of 3 players, me, ShyGuy and Koopa. Strange - aren't they both Bowser's minions?
Only ShyGuy is the enemy - of course.

This game I got really lucky - on my first move (I went 2nd), I have already reached the dolphin and received 5 mini-stars (getting the 3 at the start as well :p)

...the rest of the game I got lucky as well - got lots of mini-games ~ won them all, you know. The captain events sucked, though, since both times we went (yes, we did both) no one really escaped with any...

One thing that sucked, though, is that we got sucked into the whirl-pool before the last intersection ~ everyone lost 3 mini-stars because of that (Koopa lost 6, though...) Thankfully, I got out when it was my turn!

Bowser also decided to be really nice to me this game as well - ShyGuy got aheead of both me and Koopa by some amount (HUGE for Koopa), but then I land on a Bowser space, and guess what happens?
BATTLE MINI-GAME!
Fungi Frenzy, as well. I'm really good at this mini-game. I'm also good at messing up others as well! ~ can you guess the places by this?
1st - ME, 2nd - Koopa 3rd - ShyGuy

Another reason for my high mini-star rate is also because of the final 3 lucky spaces in the game - we landed on ALL 3 of them :p

Everyone got the Grand prize in the center at least once, but it still racked up the mini-stars, none-the-less...

Also - with the amount of mini-stars I got here ~ getting the top rank should be no problem now!

Rankings -
photo0183j.jpg


Current total - 390 mini-stars
Required for goal - 550 mini-stars
Mini-stars remaining - 160 mini-stars

Next Stage : Magma Mine
 
Mine Cart? Volcano! This is going to be fun! ;D
This is Magma Mine, probably the hardest stage to get mini-stars on...

For once - Bowser is not looking at his mini-stars ~ he's grumpy about Yoshi and his team

"GRRR! Yoshi is really getting on my nerves!" He growled

photo0190e.jpg

"Dad! The worst disaster ever just happened!" Bowser Jr. storms in saying

"They are still coming!"

"WHAT?! NO! I'M SO MAD ABOUT THIS NEWS! SO, SO MAD!" Bowser yelled.

photo0192da.jpg

"They're on their was to that volcano stage! They're going to rescue all the mini-stars there, too!" Bowser Jr. stated

photo0194ut.jpg

"Volcano stage?" Bowser had to explain to his son again, "The one that keeps on ruing our mine carts with all it's molten-lava explosions? That's Magma Mine!

"I've gone easy on these chumps for too long! It's time to send in my most devious minions yet!"

Bowser then makes a ball of darkness - and out of that darkness comes Spike and Chain Chomp.

photo0196n.jpg

"Presenting the ferocious Spike and the mighty Chain Chomp!"

photo0196n.jpg

"Yikes! Even I'm afraid of these guys." Bowser Jr. stated

photo0198j.jpg

"Spike! Chain Chomp! Go earn your paychecks!!"

Magma Mine... I love this stage ~ but if I'm trying to earn as much mini-stars as I can... this wouldn't be a good stage to try...

The only 2vs2 in this entire game! It's ShyGuy and Kamek vs. me and... Waluigi? Great... this'll suck...
photo0199v.jpg


...surprisingly, though, Waluigi is amazing at mini-games - he never came in last place! (Sucked on the reverse minigames, though...)

And it was all a good start too! Everything was going well ~ that is, until the lava started to rise...

The stupid CPU's always go through that stupid path, raising the lava, or rolling the wrong numbers and keep on landing on those lava + spaces (Why are there no lava - spaces?)

...I have to say - this really cut down my score... I almost have no chance of achieving the highest rank now...

Awesome stage - just not what needed now...
94 mini-stars left; One stage remaining... I have to get over 100 in Bowser Station!

Rankings -
photo0200ll.jpg


photo0203i.jpg

Current total - 456 mini-stars
Required for goal - 550 mini-stars
Mini-stars remaining - 94 mini-stars

Next Stage : Bowser Station
 
Hey, I'm finally here! Bowser Station! Let's finally put an end to this adventure!

Bowser is, again, angry about Yoshi coming for him.

photo0205mv.jpg

"Dad! Guess what?!" Bowser Jr. storms in saying

photo0207e.jpg

"We lost more mini-stars at the volcano!"

photo0208o.jpg

"That's it! Curse you Yoshi! I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!" Bowser yelled.

"They're heading to that space stage to save the last of the mini-stars!" Bowser Jr. stated

photo0210v.jpg

"Space stage?" Bowser had to explain to his son again, "You mean my secret hideaway? That's Bowser Station!

photo0211f.jpg

"I guess I'll have to send my minions into outer space!"

photo0212gl.jpg

Silence broke between the two...

photo0213w.jpg

"...wait? Outer space? Bowser Station?"

photo0214j.jpg

"Ya dad? Whats up?" Bowser Jr. asked

photo0215h.jpg

"THAT MEANS THEY'RE COMING HERE!"

photo0216ef.jpg

"Then I guess I'll have to destroy Yoshi myself!" Bowser stated

photo0217j.jpg

"And me too, Dad! I'll help you!" Bowser Jr. stated

Alright here I am - Bowser Station! At last, and... whoa! Who's that?

"BWAHAHAHAHA!"

photo0220c.jpg

photo0221k.jpg

photo0222q.jpg

photo0223t.jpg

photo0224w.jpg

photo0225l.jpg

photo0226l.jpg


...Ok, now with that out of the way ~ It's now officially time for my Bowser Station play though!

There's 3 of us this time ~ if I lose I will have to re-do the stage... you know what? Just forget this... I landed on 2 Jackpot spaces and won all the Captain events, OK? That's all that really happened! ...stupid shortness of the stage...

But hey - the good news is that I got over 100 mini-stars! I'M CELEBRATING!

Wow - and that was a close one too ~ thanks, back space!

Rankings -
photo0233h.jpg


Current total - 570 mini-stars
Required for goal - 550 mini-stars
Mini-stars remaining - 0 mini-stars!

Conclusion will be up soon -
 
Conclusion -
photo0237oh.jpg

After many countless tries against Bowser (1, actually) Yoshi was finally able to defeat Bowser and his minions, Kamek and ShyGuy

photo0238u.jpg

Just then, though, something started to happen at the area where all the mini-stars were held at...

photo0239a.jpg


photo0240a.jpg

The machine is breaking! The mini-stars have broken free!

photo0241n.jpg


photo0242u.jpg

What a sight it is for Yoshi!

photo0243g.jpg


photo0244z.jpg

"I've failed... my dream of having a castle decorated with mini-stars is over..."

photo0245nt.jpg

"...or is it?"

photo0246t.jpg

"I'LL JUST TAKE SOME THE... uh-oh..."

Bowser then falls out of his Clown Cart - Finally admitting defeat.

photo0247l.jpg

And so, the adventure came to an end.

photo0249c.jpg

Rescued by Yoshi, the mini-stars were free to glitter in the night sky forever.

THE END


...now for my final results :
photo0250eb.jpg


photo0257h.jpg

Highest rank on the site so far! Hooray!

...and that concludes my Mario Party 9 Solo playthrough!

Topic has been unlocked, you you guys can comment on it.
 
White Yoshi said:
EXPLAIN
THIS
BS!

I had to retry many times on Magma Mine, but mostly because it was 2 vs 1 against both Magikoopa and Shy Guy. You hardly had to retry?
Umm, I got really lucky for once in my life at Mario Party :p

Especially at this game... though I usually win Mario Party games anyways against even the hardest computers...
(I only lose if I get REALLY unlucky~)
 
Here is what I had to do.

Toad Road: Shy Guy vs Birdo, Yoshi and Wario.
Bob-omb Factory: Yoshi vs Shy Guy.
Boo's Horror Castle: Luigi, Toad and Yoshi vs Magikoopa (had to retry once)
Blooper Beach: Yoshi and Peach vs Magikoopa
Magma Mine: Yoshi vs Shy Guy and Magikoopa.
Bowser Station: Yoshi and Koopa Troopa vs Shy Guy and Magikoopa.
 
Back
Top