Author Topic: Items Suggestions  (Read 10626 times)

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
Items Suggestions
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »
Post your item ideas for the next Mario Party here. Also, please make sure your post makes sense and don't spam.

(Don't make duplicate topics)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 10:15:47 AM by Michael Doi »

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
Re: Items Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
I think they should bring back the reverse mushroom, it was very handy in certain situations. They should also bring back the mini and mega mushrooms because they did a great job with them in Mario Party 4 and they had a lot of fun mini-minigames. Orbs should be back because it made it way more entertaining to have them thrown on the spaces. It would be one big party with all of these features. They should leave the candy out, it did not do anything fun when playing, those were the worst items.

Offline gamegamer0

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 06:25:21 AM »
My items are divided up into Attack items,Transform items and Help items there is ten of each type
I will write about what they do later

Attack items
1.Bee item.Sends a Bee To the Person in Front of you and takes away 20 of His/her Coins
2.Swopper item.Sends Away A Swopper That steals 10 coins from the person infront of you
3.Bomb item.50%of a random persons coins gets deastroyed
4.Mr Snow Man item.Takes away 2 peoples Items
5.Rainbow Shell item.Takes Away 10 coins from everyone
6.Thwomp item.Takes away a fourth of Everyones coins Exept the user
7.Shock item.Takes Away A third Of 2 peoples coins
8.Curse item.Makes everyone exept you  Move Backwards Next turn
9.Kamek item.Steals Someones Items
10.Millenium item.Takes away a half of everyones Coins

Transform items
1.Chain Chomp item.Turns you into a chain chomp and lets you roll 2 dice blocks if you crash into someone you steal a star
2.Statue item.turns you into a Statue if crash into someone you steal 30 coins
3.Tornado item.turns you into a tornado and blows anyone you crash into 20 spaces back
4.Duel Magnet item.makes you shine if you crash into someone you duel with them you also get to roll 2 dice blocks
5.Boo item.turns you into a boo and lets you steal 20 coins from everyones you crash into
6.Amp item.Deastroys every coin the first person you crash into have
7.MagiKoppa item.lets you roll 2 dice blocks if you crash into someone they get turned into a mushrom and cant do anything on theyr turn
8.Flutter item.lets you go 3 times the spaces that your dice block shows
9.Bullet Bill item.lets you roll 3 dice blocks if you crash into some one they lose a fourth of theyr coins
10.Lakitu item.lets you roll 2 dice blocks if you crash into someone you steal 25 coins

Help Items
1.Mega Mushrom item.steal 15 coins from everyone you stomp also lets you roll 3 dice blocks
2.Firework item.Gives you 5 to 30 coins
3.SlowShroom item.slows down the dice block
4.Silver Mushrom item.lets you roll 2 dice blocks
5.Gold Mushrom item.lets you roll 3 dice blocks
6.Fire Flower item.moves you 15 spaces forward
7.Crystal item.dubbles you dice block number and gives you that many coins
8.Pipe item.warps you to any space you want in a 10 space radius
9.Present item.gives you any item
10.Rainbow Star item.lets you roll 5 dice blocks
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 07:38:47 AM by gamegamer0 »
TOUHOU RULES!

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 07:04:37 AM »
Cards? No no no, cards would be worst than Candy. It should just be items.

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
Cards? No no no, cards would be worst than Candy. It should just be items.
I use cards. My cards are Roadblocks, Character Spaces, Unique (use on yourself), Basic (use on yourself), and Mega Cards (Deal EXTREME damage)

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 01:52:16 PM »
Oh God. I GURANTEE this card idea will ruin the Mario Party series. =\

Offline dooku01

• Super Mario Galaxy 2 is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 10:31:31 AM »
OK,this might be long.

Example: [Name] = [Effect] [Cost] :mario: [How to obtain]

Penguin Mushroom = Makes you slide on your belly and makes anyone you hit lose 5 coins. 10  :mario: Shop

Bowser Shell = You tap a dice block and that's how many spaces it slides,and whoever gets hit loses 20 coins. 20 :mario: Shop

Mario Galaxy 2 Rocks!!     Mario Galaxy 2 Rocks!!     Mario Galaxy 2 Rocks!!     Mario Galaxy 2 Rocks!!!!!!!! Click here to level up my license!

Offline purplegnomes

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 06:59:24 AM »
The coins in Mario party 8 seem too generic to me compared to earlier mario parties.  If they ever make a mario party based on mario galaxy, I wouldn't mind if Star Bits replaced coins; in a way it would make sense: 20 star bits= a Star

I also want back the original items, not  grammar-hating candy or plastic-wasting orbs; and any items in mario galaxy would be nice.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 03:16:57 PM »
I think it would be good to bring back the items from the original games like the mushrooms skeleton keys gold shrooms maybe with some special things that were in the orbs like a mini thwomp used to place on a space and make whoever passes it stop right there.

Offline Paper Peach

• Mario Party Princess!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »
It's hard to come up with a Good Item name but I'll try thinking. anyway...Orbs should also be back.

EDIT:New Item name I came up with...Devices(Which I still think it isn't good enough)but anyway here's what I came up with:

Devices:

Dice Block Device:Roll 5 Dice Blocks and if you wish to use it again next turn or continiously just pay half your coins each turn (The first use is free though)
Price:20 Coins

Star Net Device:You can only activate this if you are in 4th Place and you must have at least 30 coins to use it and you may steal 1 star from 1 Player(Random)in exchange you must give all your Coins to that Rival
Price:50 Coins

Orb Device:Use this and you'll get 3 Random Orbs
Price:30 Coins

Mirror Device:Reflect the effect of a Device/Orb and hit the user with his/her item against them.
Price:25 Coins

Gamble Device:Roll 1 Dice Block and depending on the Roll it'll affect you in a diferent way
If you roll 1-4 you will re-earn an item you used in your last turn
If you roll 5-7 you'll get a free Device at the Store(IF you go to the Store.The effect will last until you get a free Device on the Store.)
And if you roll 8-10 your Device limit(Number of Devices you can hold)will be limitless for 10 Turns
Price:40 Coins

Counter Device:Just like the Mirror Device you can reflect an Item effect except that this Device allows you to choose the Rival to get hit with the effect.
Price:20 Coins

Well that's what I got so far I'll post more as I come up with more Items.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 10:39:26 AM by Princess Peach »

Offline Billy12510

• Guess what? I'm still Quizmaster!
  • The only Forumer who doesn't know what he's doing
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 06:35:36 AM »
Ok... where to start. I'm a huge fan of items and orbs myself but I don't know what the Nintendo and Hudson people are doing so I don't know how this'll work but...

Boo Sheet: Turn invisible and bypass roadblocks. 15 coins available in Item shops.
Bandit Mask: Roll a dice block and steal 15 coins from everyone you pass. 15 coins available in Item shops.

Ugh... my brain isn't coming up with any good ideas so I guess these'll fail, but better to try I guess.
P.S. I probably guess wrong.

Offline HailBowser14

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 04:36:15 PM »
ok the items were the best the orbs were not bad the candy sucks. i do like the special character orbs they should do that with items and bring back the cell phones you can call shop any where or call someone on bowser. maybe they can have a super cell phone lets you call the shop up to three times
feeell the fury,feel my rage and get ready

Offline 9sonic99

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 05:17:04 PM »
Here's mine....

1. Toad's bingo ball
all the characters switch places, and it's decided with an old fashioned game of luck!

2. Wario's Beefy Burger
Your character's space travel is doubled! example: a 10 would become a 20. works awesome with double and triple blocks.

3. Luigi's black hole
a minigame starts called Black Hole Run. basicly, you have to press the buttons in order on the screen. if you finish last or press a wrong command, you are sucked into the black hole. if you are the last one standing, you get half of everybody else's coins!

4. Peach's Spinner
a spinner is spun and it can land on 4 things, and what happens depends on the spin.

5. Mario's Starman
2 things can happen. Either you go backwards, or steal a star from a person of choice.

That's all for now!

Offline HyperHalcyon

• This is intriguing indeed.
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 05:37:49 PM »
This one might be said:

Mega Shroom: Twice the size of a regular Shroom.

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 02:38:04 PM »
Here's mine....

1. Toad's bingo ball
all the characters switch places, and it's decided with an old fashioned game of luck!

2. Wario's Beefy Burger
Your character's space travel is doubled! example: a 10 would become a 20. works awesome with double and triple blocks.

3. Luigi's black hole
a minigame starts called Black Hole Run. basicly, you have to press the buttons in order on the screen. if you finish last or press a wrong command, you are sucked into the black hole. if you are the last one standing, you get half of everybody else's coins!

4. Peach's Spinner
a spinner is spun and it can land on 4 things, and what happens depends on the spin.

5. Mario's Starman
2 things can happen. Either you go backwards, or steal a star from a person of choice.

That's all for now!
How does wario's beefy burger work with mushroom or super shrooms? you can't use 2 items in one turn.