Author Topic: Favorite Mario Sub-Series  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Zympherior

• Outsider that reached Fantasy
  • "You shouldn't underestimate humans these days."
  • mx 
Favorite Mario Sub-Series
« on: February 28, 2015, 11:36:03 PM »
The Mario series has spawned many sub-series over the years. Sports, Racing, RPGs... name it. Now, what is your overall favorite sub-series of this famous plumber?

Mine has to be the Mario Kart ones. I like the idea of racing while dodging items everywhere. Although gaining all the 3 stars, characters, and karts is easy, online mode is where it's at. Everyone will have no mercy to anyone, and it feels so good to be ahead of everyone else. Also the race tracks and their BGMs. They're really fun to play either online or offline, as well as having some great songs.
In a close 2nd place would be the RPGs (especially the M&L series).
Look, look with your special eyes...

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Re: Favorite Mario Sub-Series
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 01:15:04 PM »
Mario Kart FTW! I also love the Mario Party and Mario Platformer games, too.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline NathanBros

• Awesome plumber
  • br 
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 06:53:23 PM »
2D platformers !  :D
Checkout my Mario blog (Portuguese): Jogos do Mario.

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 10:08:50 PM »
RPGs all the way !

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline RobinFTW

• RWBY!
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 09:01:09 AM »
My favorite is Mario Kart. I think the Mario Kart series is just the best racing game series of all time :D
My close second is Mario & Luigi (never tried Paper Mario). I always liked RPG games ;)
My third would be Mario Party.

Here is my Sm4sh license:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline NathanBros

• Awesome plumber
  • br 
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 06:06:47 PM »
For sure Mario Kart is one of the funniest racing games around... I prefer its gameplay over the super ultra realist racing simulation thing.
Checkout my Mario blog (Portuguese): Jogos do Mario.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 04:20:21 PM »
Oh, come on, this is not fair! Only 1?

I mean, honestly it really all depends on the mood I'm in... my taste in games change all the time. At times, I'll enjoy something like Mario Kart more, and then there at times where I'll enjoy Mario Party more. Right now, I'll say I like Mario Party the most, just because I've been binge playing the Mario Party games.

Offline TermFox7

• ★Knight of Star★
  • th 
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 06:48:17 PM »
Mario Kart series, funniest games ever.
Love in Online play, have a lot more challenge with various players (excited too when i encounter expert players) and more funny happening in this game.

Offline Mother4Ever

• The PSI Powerhouse & PK Professional
  • I'm gonna Smaaaash my way to victory
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 03:54:59 PM »
Either Mario Kart or Party. Those are obviously the most fun ones XP I haven't played sports but I heard good things about golf world tour, Tennis, and sports mix. Those seem cool too but they are 4th in my book. 3rd is ANY RPG mario game. I love all the series....wait I like that one alot too so I have 3 top games.... :|

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 04:23:37 PM »
Either Mario Kart or Party. Those are obviously the most fun ones XP I haven't played sports but I heard good things about golf world tour, Tennis, and sports mix. Those seem cool too but they are 4th in my book. 3rd is ANY RPG mario game. I love all the series....wait I like that one alot too so I have 3 top games.... :|
Yeah, World Tour is a great game, but it can get a bit bring once you play it for a while. It's much better with the DLC, but I recommend the newer games. I don't have Mario Tennis, but I do have Sports Mix. I liked the stages, items, and character roster. There needs to be a sequel sooner or now. (I don't mind the series) There is also a cheat to automatically beat the game, requiring the B, C, and Z keys! ;) I have Bowser's Inside Story, which gives me memorable experiences. I also have Dream Team, which is fun in replayability (leveling up), and achieving those challenges for new gear! I also love the character and box art, Dreamy Mow Wooooooow.

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser: