• Snivy (Grass)

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tepig (Fire)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Oshawott (Water)

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I can't decide/haven't decided yet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not getting Pokemon Black/White 2.

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
The age-old Pokemon question. Who will be your first Pokemon to take alongside you in your journey to become Pokemon Master, and why?
I'm picking Snivy again, as I did in White Version. It's the first Grass-type Starter I really enjoyed, and the first I actually chose (although I almost chose Bulbasaur and Treecko). Overall it's my second favorite starter line after Piplup, although I wish it had more moves. Most Snivys I see have pretty much all Grass Moves. I think Oshawott looks dumb (Dewott kicks ass though), and Tepig I would probably choose if it weren't another fricking Fire/Fighting starter.
So, who will YOU choose? Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott?
410950-bigthumbnail.jpg

Toadette said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
I'm definitely choosing Snivy in one of my versions (probably White 2), and maybe Ohsawott or Tepig (probably Black 2). Snivy is so awesome, and Oshawott tends to be funny.
For some reason, I can only have a Female Snivy. It's final form looks more feminine, although overall it's pretty metro.
I was thinking of naming her Medusa.
A Female Snivy? I wished to get a Female Snivy, too, Ash's Snivy in the anime was so awesome. I really liked her maturity.

Vipsoccermaster said:
Toadette said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
I'm definitely choosing Snivy in one of my versions (probably White 2), and maybe Ohsawott or Tepig (probably Black 2). Snivy is so awesome, and Oshawott tends to be funny.
For some reason, I can only have a Female Snivy. It's final form looks more feminine, although overall it's pretty metro.
I was thinking of naming her Medusa.
A Female Snivy? I wished to get a Female Snivy, too, Ash's Snivy in the anime was so awesome. I really liked her maturity.
I got pretty lucky in White, only took me 5 soft resets to get a Girl Snivy. Hope it doesn't take as long in Black 2.

Lord Vaati said:
1st Playthrough-Tepig
2nd & 3rd Playthrough-Oshawott

Gotta go for Snivy this time. :p
My favorite part of Samarott was teaching it Megahorn, destroying half the Elite 4. :)
Megahorn and Ice Beam were the reasons my friend won a lot in Pokemon battles, he chose Oshawott and most of my team was weak to Ice and Bug :mad:
And the worst part was that those that weren't weak to Ice and Bug were my Fire-types, which got plowed down by Surf.
I really need to get an Electric-type.

Toadette said:
Lord Vaati said:
1st Playthrough-Tepig

My favorite part of Samarott was teaching it Megahorn, destroying half the Elite 4. :)
Megahorn and Ice Beam were the reasons my friend won a lot in Pokemon battles, he chose Oshawott and most of my team was weak to Ice and Bug :mad:
And the worst part was that those that weren't weak to Ice and Bug were my Fire-types, which got plowed down by Surf.
Try using Shedinja. Samurott usually can't hit it, and those that can are rare. Of course, if your opponent has a Cinccino then Shedinja's gone.
As for starters I'll probably pick Tepig. Emboar has Flare Blitz, Superpower, Head Smash, and Wild Charge which plows through most of NU and ingame.

I got Oshawott on the original Black, so my plan was to get Snivy on this one... but after some reflections, I'm still getting Oshawott. I prefer Samurott over Serperior and I remember that in the original Black, I had a great journey with Samurott. I cannot imagine going through the game without Samurott. My main team will basically be the same as my previous one!

Toadette said:
Lord Vaati said:
1st Playthrough-Tepig

I have to agree Female Snivy's are boss. Im going to choose Snivy when I get White 2. And about electric pokemon, this generations suck. They don't have enough bulk to stand a normal attack.

Leafeon said:
Toadette said:
Lord Vaati said:
1st Playthrough-Tepig

I have to agree Female Snivy's are boss. Im going to choose Snivy when I get White 2. And about electric pokemon, this generations suck. They don't have enough bulk to stand a normal attack.
Agreed with that, Eelektross and Galvantula are the only non-legendary gen 5 Electric-types that don't suck.

RainbowJinx said:
Leafeon said:
Toadette said:
Lord Vaati said:
1st Playthrough-Tepig

Agreed with that, Eelektross and Galvantula are the only non-legendary gen 5 Electric-types that don't suck.

Other Pokemon have access to Electric type moves but having the small STAB boost helps sometimes. I haven't used a Zebstrika I on my team so I couldn't judge it. My Eelektross and Galvantula are incredibly frail.

Back