Votes: 7 70.0%

Votes: 1 10.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I didn't get a Switch of my own until Covid lockdown. I got the Lite. As for why, I just didn't see anything on it as a must-own until Smash, but by the time that came out it was right before I moved in with my at-the-time girlfriend (who had a Switch of her own); I figured since we'd be living together I'd just use hers. She got me a Switch of my own when we were living together during 2019, but it turns out we just weren't compatible as a partnership, and when we broke up in September of the same year I gave it back.

Then I got a nice little stimulus check in 2020 during Covid lockdown, and I definitely stimulated the economy -- I was able to buy a coral Switch Lite as well as Smash and Mario Maker 2.

I was originally holding off on it, partially due to the shortages and game lineup, until Holiday 2017. But in June 2017, I had an important piano diploma exam, and my older sister cooked up a plan where she'd drive me to the exam and then go buy me a Switch as a prize! Well, the shortages made it tricky as our local EB Games was out of stock, but the employee there heard Toys R Us had some, and they did! So my sister surprised me with a Switch, BotW, and a BotW game case, and I had no idea until I got home!

Back