So I found copies of three games in my house.

Crystal vs HGSS. Which game?

• Crystal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HeartGold or SoulSilver

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
They are three Pokèmon games; Gold, Silver and Crystal. Wanting to go through a Johto game, I tried Crystal. It was my brother's copy, and our save data for all three games got corrupted a long time ago. For more info, read this: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gold_and_Silver#Battery_life

Anyway, I would buy HeartGold and SoulSilver, but I already have Diamond and Platinum. I'm on the fence of getting a 3rd Gen 4 game. On the other hand, I don't know how complicated it is to replace the battery.

I wouldn't entirely say a Gen 4 game for a remake, more so a Gen 2 game with some Gen 4 features (i.e updated moves, unlimited item space, etc.) =P
I'd recommend the remake over the original. Also, I'd go for Heart Gold over Soul Silver, since it has better Pokemon IMO.

Hey, I still have my silver version (don't have a system to play it anymore) but I don't think replacing the battery is too difficult. The problem would be finding one in my opinion. I too would recommend getting their remakes to ease troubles of fixing the originals. They very similar just with diamond/pearl/platinum features so it can have a little old feeling, especially if you include the gba sounds in game.

Back