Final Smashes

Snowy The Czar said:
Kona-chan said:
yoshi15 said:
12socc3r45 said:
How can Ike and Marth have the same Final Smash? Ike's is short-range, and unless you're G&W or at 80% you still stay alive, I've found. Marth, if you're a ground attacker, is death. If you're in the air, it's really easy to dodge. Diddy Kong is just about the same as Sonic and Oikachu, except with wlong-range advantages. Kirby and Meta Knight's are almost the same, and Kirby's is also extremely cheap. Luigi and Jigglypuff are also quite similar, as they take up a large circle, which can prove advantageous if they get hit, but if not, then you're stuffed. Game and Watch is also way too cheap, it's almost impossible to avoid unless you have extreme skill. dK is also rather similar to Luigi's and Jigglypuff's. I have shown evidence that most of your statement was a lie. jkjkjk

Ike and Marth both are instant-kills (usually.)

Wrongo.

Ike does multiple hits and very rarely kills the victim in one combo if they are at 40% or less.
Marth is an instant kill.
Only time I've ever gotten someone to die with 0% was because he got blocked by part of the stage I think. :p
I do think Marth's FS is an instant kill even at 0%. I must test this theory in Training Mode.

H-J カービイ said:
To follow up the Ike/Marth fiasco, is Link/Toon Link's Triforce Slash more likely to result in KOs than Great Aether? I think it is b.c. of the horizontal launch angle of Triforce Slash (no DI chance), whereas Great Aether slams down and launches diagonally...

Great Aether shoots straight up while Triforce Slash shoots diagonally, so probably Great Aether.

Plus, Triforce Slash tends to be an instant kill for some reason.

Princess Zelda said:
What did you think about the final smashes
Smash's version of "super-blast-omg-galabalabalabalabalabalayoudie". I liked the inclusion of them, but most of them, forms notably were overpowered stuff so I decided to only like the "one-shot" Final Smashes like Triforce Slash, Critical Hit and Zero Laser. It's all or nothing. With forms it's all or all. And that's a no-no.

Princess Zelda said:
and what is your favorite(s)?
The second I first saw Mario blast a fiery hell in the 2006 E3 trailer, I was officially sold for the fact that Mario, my current SSB Melee main at that time pulled off a hell of a blast that looks, feels and is awesome. Even the shout out he makes during this is awesome.

The only downside for this one though is that it must be triggered like right next to an opponent to get any decent results. But hell, I'm ready to get close to make the awesome happen.

Snowy The Czar said:
Lucario's is just unfair.

When I use him, I make myself a punching bag, and then get the smashball.
What? It is. Since it's so easy to dodge. :p

Paper_Daisy said:
I really like Zelda's even though its not that big or anything lol, I reallly don't like Sonic's since its kinda hard to control
OMG, I LOVE Zelda's, it's easy to connect and does great amounts of damage, Shiek's is good too, but the stunner isn't the first part, so it's easier to dodge.

Tovarisch said:
Lucario's is easy to dodge, just go to the side of the stage...

I hate Olimar's it's impossible to dodge unless you have Kirby or Jigglypuff
You can minimize damage from it though. Just sidestep constantly and that will minimize the damage. Make sure you don't get hit by the explosion as well. The range of the explosion is about the width of Final Destination so just do like an air dodge or something. Also, when he does his final smash, make sure you're not under him and make sure that when his ship is coming down, that you don't get hit by it otherwise, you'll get hit by the explosion. Hope this helps!

If all of the characters press the same buttons, Olimar's attack becomes void.

Kona-chan said:
If all of the characters press the same buttons, Olimar's attack becomes void.
What? =P

Yoshi8984 said:
You can minimize damage from it though. Just sidestep constantly and that will minimize the damage. Make sure you don't get hit by the explosion as well. The range of the explosion is about the width of Final Destination so just do like an air dodge or something. Also, when he does his final smash, make sure you're not under him and make sure that when his ship is coming down, that you don't get hit by it otherwise, you'll get hit by the explosion. Hope this helps!
I've done that and i've recieved less damage from Olimar's final smash. I use to just stand there, can't believe I never thought of that lol

12socc3r45 said:
Luigi and Jigglypuff are also quite similar, as they take up a large circle, which can prove advantageous if they get hit, but if not, then you're stuffed. Game and Watch is also way too cheap, it's almost impossible to avoid unless you have extreme skill. dK is also rather similar to Luigi's and Jigglypuff's.
I don't know where to begin...

OK, first off, Jigglypuff and Luigi's are NOTHING alike. Does Jigglypuff's final smash make you go faster, get stronger, and slows down your opponents, make them taunt, etc? I think not. Just cuz they take up room doesn't mean there similar. And Game and Watch's final smash is easy to avoid if you know what you are doing. =P

EpicWaluigi 3.0 said:
Yoshi's btw. COMPETELY HORRIBLE
Yoshi has never been good in the SSB series, so what do you expect? lol :p

As far as I know, Pit, Meta Knight and ROB can go high enough to avoid ALL DAMAGE from Olinar's final smash... without using any assistance platforms, such as the ones on Battlefield. Some characters can avoid it, but they need assitant platforms.
Edit: I was trying to quote Lakilester's quote, but something went wrong and I can't delete this post for some reason. I didn't want it to look like a double post.

Lakilester said:
12socc3r45 said:
Luigi and Jigglypuff are also quite similar, as they take up a large circle, which can prove advantageous if they get hit, but if not, then you're stuffed. Game and Watch is also way too cheap, it's almost impossible to avoid unless you have extreme skill. dK is also rather similar to Luigi's and Jigglypuff's.
I don't know where to begin...

OK, first off, Jigglypuff and Luigi's are NOTHING alike. Does Jigglypuff's final smash make you go faster, get stronger, and slows down your opponents, make them taunt, etc? I think not. Just cuz they take up room doesn't mean there similar. And Game and Watch's final smash is easy to avoid if you know what you are doing. =P

EpicWaluigi 3.0 said:
Yoshi's btw. COMPETELY HORRIBLE
Yoshi has never been good in the SSB series, so what do you expect? lol :p
If you think Yoshi is bad, then you have never played against someone who is good with him.

Back