• The New Bosses.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • The Levels

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • The Plot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
SuperZambezi said:
Finished the game and I loved it. I would still put SMG2 before this so this is my second favorite game on the Wii.

I really enjoyed the final boss as well as the little cutscenes. I played the game getting all the KONG letters in each level and beating the temple levels before heading to the boss, so I had the Golden Temple and the level that goes along with it unlocked right away. I had a wtf moment with the last level but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I have Mirror Mode unlocked and we will see how that goes.

And here is something I realized today, after having beat all the levels in the game. I thought the only items you can buy in Cranky's shop were the 3 different amounts of balloons and the key to that world. I thought the parrot, extra heart, and potion were attached to the balloons and served no purpose. I had no idea they were separate items. In the end, I'm glad I didn't know about them. It would have been way to easy too get through one of the temple levels, for example, with one of those potions. I like challenges.  8)
They're items? I thought only the balloons and keys were items too. What do they do?

cookieboy17 said:
SuperZambezi said:
Finished the game and I loved it. I would still put SMG2 before this so this is my second favorite game on the Wii.

I really enjoyed the final boss as well as the little cutscenes. I played the game getting all the KONG letters in each level and beating the temple levels before heading to the boss, so I had the Golden Temple and the level that goes along with it unlocked right away. I had a wtf moment with the last level but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I have Mirror Mode unlocked and we will see how that goes.

And here is something I realized today, after having beat all the levels in the game. I thought the only items you can buy in Cranky's shop were the 3 different amounts of balloons and the key to that world. I thought the parrot, extra heart, and potion were attached to the balloons and served no purpose. I had no idea they were separate items. In the end, I'm glad I didn't know about them. It would have been way to easy too get through one of the temple levels, for example, with one of those potions. I like challenges.  8)
They're items? I thought only the balloons and keys were items too. What do they do?
Lol, that's what I thought at first, but then realized that you could select them to buy them if needed.

Balloons give you extra lives (like, duh :p), the Key unlocks a path in the world map (used as soon as you buy it), the parrot helps you know whether you're close to a puzzle piece, the potion gives you invincibility for a short period of time, and the heart gives you an extra container in your health gauge.

Squawks tells you if you're close to a puzzle piece, but I find it better if you find them on your own because his "hints" can sometimes lead you to a death trap. >.>

Keys don't really do anything except unlock one level.

The Banana Juice gives you 12 hits (2 + 10) and also blocks certain projectiles.

I played this at my cousin's house a couple weeks ago. I got through the first world completely and had fun, and got to the second or third level in world 2 and the game kinda slowed down for me. Granted I didn't play anything further than that, but it held my attention and had some fun in the first world anyway. It could just be the Beach theme for some strange reason, but all joy left once I got to that point.

And as far as Cranky's shop is concerned, I knew those were items you could purchase right away. Don't know what's the deal with you guys :p The key was the only thing I wasn't expected to be able to buy at first, but the cursor ran it over when I pushed right anyway (I was playing on Wiimote only, no nunchuck).

It's certainly not as great as the original trilogy, but it's still one of the best Wii games out there.

Man this game was great'
it brought me back to the days where i had fun playing the 3 classic DKCs on my SNES which i still own & my 3 copies of DKC 1, DKC 2, & DKC 3.

But now i just play them threw VC so they just sit in a toat in my closet in my room with my SNES but i bring it out once in awhile when i feel like playing SMW2 which won't come out cuz of a stupid FX Chip but thats for another time anyways i like levels in this game, the grafix look AMAZING! and the plot is pretty cool i enjoyed the new bosses and was happy it

was something new instead of the kremlings cuz there to easy and for a 4th game we did need something new but i was a little disipointed that we only got 1 animal buddy (Rambi) but it's better then nothing but this is my 2nd most favorite DKC game with my 1st being DKC 2 but anyways how did u enjoy DKC Returns and do u think it was a good game?

Just recently beat this game myself.
Game-play stays true to original DKC game-play mostly, thankfully, with a few more awesome additions to them.

Bosses I thought were meh, though... but that's probably because every time I died, I'd just revive myself because my older brother was still alive in there. The only boss that was tough was the final one, but that's only because of the rocket barrel part before that. :p

I also really enjoyed how there's a secret world in this game accessed only by collecting a bunsh of items in the previous worlds (when I first wen in 9-1 and up to the temple, I was glad it said I couldn't access it yet)

...but dang, collecting all the KONG letter in every single level will take some doing, and those secret levels were no easy thing to complete myself (because the first one in World 1 has platforms that go away after a bit when landing on them... and being the competitive guys we are... both me and my older brother tried dashing as fast as we could and kept on killing each other :p)
We did get the first out of 8 rare orbs at least, though :p

There are many things I can go over about this game still, but for the sake of me not ranting - I'll leave it with just this one statement :
Overall, a massive improvement from the original DKC games. A really great game in my opinion!
Wish more games could be like this one! (...or there at least being more DKC games in general :p)

Beat this game a while ago, Gameplay was still on par as it was back then but with a little more.

The bosses were okay, some were hard and took me at least three tries to beat each one. The final boss is the one i really have to work on and the rocket barrel was annoying but fun. Tiki's were okay but i stil prefer the kremlings. ;)

The kong and the missing pieces were hard as hell to find, and i literally had to buy a sqwark to find each one. XD

But all together, this game lives up to its reputation and the only thing that was out of place was the lack of animal buddies. I think the older ones were better though but this is was good. I am looking forward to another like this or better, and i also looking for a game similar to DK64 starring all of the kongs (well not all of them) but a dense amount!

Back