• The Levels

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • The Plot.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kona-chan said:
cookieboy17 said:
Kona-chan said:
Me and my buddy Jon just finished this evening. The ending is so F***ing terrible.
The main enemies are a bunch of tikis what kind of ending were you expecting? :p Like I don't expect good endings from games like this so I don't get so worked up about it lol
Yeah, but what pisses me off is that DKCR was supposed to be nostalgic and cool-looking, but instead we get a pussified Donkey Kong and a bunch of Tikis that don't have anything to do with DK. I want my Kremlings back. :p
Then ask Rare to give up the namerights for them. :p

cookieboy17 said:
Kona-chan said:
cookieboy17 said:
Kona-chan said:
Me and my buddy Jon just finished this evening. The ending is so F***ing terrible.
The main enemies are a bunch of tikis what kind of ending were you expecting? :p Like I don't expect good endings from games like this so I don't get so worked up about it lol
Yeah, but what pisses me off is that DKCR was supposed to be nostalgic and cool-looking, but instead we get a pussified Donkey Kong and a bunch of Tikis that don't have anything to do with DK. I want my Kremlings back. :p

Pretty sure Rambi, KONG letters, and the names of DK levels are all by Rare. They can easily get Kremlings back.

Plus, K. Rool (Trophy) was in SSBB, meaning Ninty has every right to use them.

Kona-chan said:
cookieboy17 said:
Kona-chan said:
cookieboy17 said:
Kona-chan said:

Pretty sure Rambi, KONG letters, and the names of DK levels are all by Rare. They can easily get Kremlings back.

Plus, K. Rool (Trophy) was in SSBB, meaning Ninty has every right to use them.
I always thought Rare had the copyrights or whatever on K Rool and the Kremlings.

Vipsoccermaster said:
Yoshi1 said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
I just went through the Forest levels. It was pretty easy, and the last level took me a couple tries, running away from those black bugs.
I hated that level. Especially getting the KONG letters.
Yeah, I never got all the KONG letters there yet, either.

On the other hand, though, I got through World 6, Cliff, easily. 6-4, Boulder Roller, was sort of tough, especially at the last part where you had to squeeze yourself in.

The first two levels of World 7, Factory, was pretty much a piece of cake. Foggy Fumes was tricky, but not so much.
I agree with you. World 7 Is quite easy (Besides the boss) but then World 8 is tricky.

Yoshi1 said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
Yoshi1 said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
I just went through the Forest levels. It was pretty easy, and the last level took me a couple tries, running away from those black bugs.
I hated that level. Especially getting the KONG letters.
Yeah, I never got all the KONG letters there yet, either.

On the other hand, though, I got through World 6, Cliff, easily. 6-4, Boulder Roller, was sort of tough, especially at the last part where you had to squeeze yourself in.

The first two levels of World 7, Factory, was pretty much a piece of cake. Foggy Fumes was tricky, but not so much.
I agree with you. World 7 Is quite easy (Besides the boss) but then World 8 is tricky.
Agreed. I had little trouble with the Factory Boss, Feather Fiend, but I prevailed. As for World 8, it was pain, dodging and avoiding the lava, magma, and fire everywhere. Tiki Tong Terror took a few tries, but otherwise, Tiki Tong was a joke.

And then there was the ending. Like you guys are saying, it was terrible. only thing I liked was the part where DK and Diddy Kong celebrated together in the middle of the jungle.

Snowy The Czar said:
Kona-chan said:
Snowy The Czar said:
Because DKC isn't really that spectacular.

*FANTARD RAGE*

Hold on, lemme get Cody and Hunt brb
Woah woah woah.

I think your nostalgia goggles might be on a bit tight.
Nothing wrong with going back to the past where games didn't suck. :)

I think the best levels in this game were from the Jungle and Beach. The best music come from them, imo. I didn't like Factory, especially not that cave one, and the cliff wasn't too bad.. Forest was okay. (And I'm just talking about the way the levels worked out, not their difficulty)

I'm on the Volcano world now, just finished the cart level. Favorite Worlds from best to least favorite:

Forest
Beach
Volcano
Factory
Jungle
Ruins
Cave
Cliff

I have to say that I am enjying this game a lot. It's just what I liked about Galaxy 2. Each level is unique and different and is the same thing repeated over and over (looking at you, NSMBWii..).

cookieboy17 said:
Vipsoccermaster said:
cookieboy17 said:
I don't think I posted this yet but me and my sister beat DKC about a week or 2 ago, good stuff though
the final boss is kinda a pushover.
True, but he took me a couple of tries to get it done. At least it was done solo, not 2-Player.
I died more on the path to the boss. :p
Me too. To figure out the bosses pattern doesn't take long but the way there is horrible.

I fucking suck at the rocket barrel levels. :p

The final boss reminded me of the Eyerok battle in SM64. :p

Finished the game and I loved it. I would still put SMG2 before this so this is my second favorite game on the Wii.

I really enjoyed the final boss as well as the little cutscenes. I played the game getting all the KONG letters in each level and beating the temple levels before heading to the boss, so I had the Golden Temple and the level that goes along with it unlocked right away. I had a wtf moment with the last level but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I have Mirror Mode unlocked and we will see how that goes.

And here is something I realized today, after having beat all the levels in the game. I thought the only items you can buy in Cranky's shop were the 3 different amounts of balloons and the key to that world. I thought the parrot, extra heart, and potion were attached to the balloons and served no purpose. I had no idea they were separate items. In the end, I'm glad I didn't know about them. It would have been way to easy too get through one of the temple levels, for example, with one of those potions. I like challenges.  8)

Funny. I automatically thought Squawks was a decoration as well. :p

I learned at the 3rd world that you can actually use him. This helped my puzzle collection a lot. :p

Back