DK Arcade

Remember the old days!? The DK arcade was added in DK64, it was found in the Frantic Factory and only Donkey could play it. You had to play it two times, the first time you win a golden Banana and the second time you win a Nintendo Coin if I'm not wrong. You had to go through for levels to reach the top and win. One of them is found in SSBB. =P

So discuss.

I liked playing this arcade. It was fun. I had trouble with it at first, but I got the hang of it. I liked playing the second and fourth levels, they were fun. You do win the Nintendo Coin if you beat it the second time, but the only price is that you had to pay two coins to do it. There's a third level, which is much tougher, but it doesn't give you anything except a new high score. Level 3 is the highest level in the arcade in Frantic Factory, but through the Main Menu, you can play through as long as you can before you lose your last life.

Vipsoccermaster said:
I liked playing this arcade. It was fun. I had trouble with it at first, but I got the hang of it. I liked playing the second and fourth levels, they were fun. You do win the Nintendo Coin if you beat it the second time, but the only price is that you had to pay two coins to do it. There's a third level, which is much tougher, but it doesn't give you anything except a new high score. Level 3 is the highest level in the arcade in Frantic Factory, but through the Main Menu, you can play through as long as you can before you lose your last life.

When I tried doing that I would always fail at the first level. xD I was really bad at it. I could only complete the second time, to get the Nintendo Coin.

It was stupid to only have 1 life for both the Golden Banana and Coin, but whatever.

Still one of the best ports of the game out there.

FayeValentine said:
It was stupid to only have 1 life for both the Golden Banana and Coin, but whatever.
I agree, but at least you get another for getting 10,000 points (I think it was 10,000 and not 100,000, have to re-check). But you won't get anymore until like 110,000 points, I think, and every 100,000 after that. Kind of dumb how earning the 1-Ups works, but it does increase the difficulty of DK Arcade, I guess.

Back