Author Topic: I'm so mad at Nintendo for downgrading the multiplayer in Mario Karts Wii and 7  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Croconaw

• So I am far less active now.
  • Not too interested in forums now.
  • ca 
Don't get me wrong. I'm still supporting them. I just really want to kill them for downgrading the multiplayer so much. In the first five Mario Karts, I enjoyed the crap out of VS Mode, because I didn't have to select VS Mode again after a few races. And Balloon Battle was awesome. Now Mario Kart Wii came and really nerfed the fun by limiting it to a few races. And Balloon Battle got ruined so much that I just want to beat up Nintendo. Mario Kart 7 had the same problems.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012 by Show me your moves! »

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Yes, yes, and yes. This is why I still play the older Mario Karts. (Though - I'm not as mad at Nintendo as you are...)

They mostly did this for battle battle because of online play (so games didn't last forever with players eliminated), but they could have at least kept the normal modes... those were the best!

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
The only thing I don't like in the battle mode are the teams, and that balloon battle is no longer last one left wins...an all others turn into bombs to kill people.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
From what I heard Wii had the best multiplayer with it's battle modes and Wifi. Not sure, but neither do I care since I havent really played a Mario Kart since Double Dash. I have only played Wii and 7 as demos when they were released.

Offline Croconaw

• So I am far less active now.
  • Not too interested in forums now.
  • ca 
Yes, yes, and yes. This is why I still play the older Mario Karts. (Though - I'm not as mad at Nintendo as you are...)

They mostly did this for battle battle because of online play (so games didn't last forever with players eliminated), but they could have at least kept the normal modes... those were the best!

Or how about this.

-Time limit, can be set from 2-5 minutes. 5 minutes during online play, can't be turned off at all if there are more than 4 players.
-3 lives.
-Gain a point by hitting an opponent.
-If you lose all three lives, you are out of the game.
-The player who got the most points wins, even if they ran out of lives.