Poll

Pick it.

Yes, it is improving more and more.
No, it is going downhill.
Yes and no, it kinda fluctuates.
It doesn't improve- it doesn't go downhill.
Other (Please reply it)

Author Topic: Do you think Nintendo is improving?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
Do you think Nintendo is improving?
« on: May 12, 2012 »
So, do you think that Nintendo is improving more and more, or going downhill?
As for me, it was going better and better up to GCN, but I thought it went downhill a bit at Wii, though I think that Wii U will be better than Wii.
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: Do you think Nintendo is improving?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012 »
As for me, it was going better and better up to GCN, but I thought it went downhill a bit at Wii, though I think that Wii U will be better than Wii.

This, but there has been some good games with the Wii (either they were really dumb with some ideas, or really smart)

Wii U may get a chance, but I'm already not liking how you are not going to be able to play Gamecube games on it or use Gamecube controllers anymore...

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012 »
It's like an up down thing, like I've heard Other M is bad, but Prime 3 is really good. It honestly just depends on the game you're talking about.

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012 »

This, but there has been some good games with the Wii (either they were really dumb with some ideas, or really smart)

Wii U may get a chance, but I'm already not liking how you are not going to be able to play Gamecube games on it or use Gamecube controllers anymore...
Yeah, unless there is a Gamecube Virtual Console on Wii U.
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012 »

Yeah, unless there is a Gamecube Virtual Console on Wii U.
It's not the same without the actual controller!

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012 »
I don't think they're improving. Look back to the 80's and 90's, they were the top/runner-up in the gaming industry, but now...they're struggling to even compete with Microsoft and Sony. They really need to quit making family-oriented games/games that even a 5-year-old can beat.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012 »
They were great till around MK7 when everything started to F*** up.

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012 »
MK7 came out like a few months ago. I'm pretty sure they started to F*** up around the time 2008 came around when they realized that the Wii wasn't appealing to the hardcore gamers and that the Wii had severe limitations. I think with the 3DS and the upcoming Wii U will be Ninty's claim to fame.

Offline Croconaw

• So I am far less active now.
  • Not too interested in forums now.
  • ca 
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2012 »
They were great till around MK7 when everything started to F*** up.

THIS. The fact that VS Mode was removed just so the online play would be popular made me lose all of my interest towards them. I don't think VS Mode was needed, but I'm extremely nervous that they will do this to Smash Bros. now. And seriously, if they do take out fighting CPUs in the next Smash Bros. or Mario spinoff title I'm quitting them forever. I'm sorry, but just imagine Smash Bros. without the option to fight CPUs without going to a 1P mode. (Classic, All Star, etc.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012 by Ness and Lucas »

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2012 »
So because of one game not having a mode that anybody barely even used (Never heard anybody praise the VS mode in MKDS), you are gonna quit them forever? Man, you guys make terrible fanboys.

Offline Croconaw

• So I am far less active now.
  • Not too interested in forums now.
  • ca 
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2012 »
It's not that anything besides Smash Bros. needs a P1 vs CPU mode, I'm just very nervous that Smash Bros. will be hit by this. Fine, here's my compromise: If they do this to Smash Bros, I will still buy their games and support them. However, I will take away all of my hype from now on.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2012 »
Overall, I think Nintendo is improving. Yes, the Wii was quite disappointing, and the games may not be the best they can be, but things are really improving in the 3DS and Wii U.

I can't wait for the E3 Trailer. The Wii U can support new games that previously couldn't be made for the Wii, and make them with decent graphics and improved game play. They're also spending a lot of time on individual games to make them the best they can possibly be. I'm sure the Wii U will appeal to all audiences including hard core gamers.

I don't think Nintendo is struggling at all. Apart from being slightly behind with graphics and Wi-fi, they're always one step of the other manufacturers and always have new and unique ideas. I don't know many households that do not have a Wii unless they have a crazy obsession with the X-box.

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2012 »
Okay, this is gonna sound biased and mega fanboy-like, but

I THINK they went downhill after Super Mario Galaxy 2. That was like their peak to me. Now, I haven't played any 3DS games, yet, but they look subpar to the 2008-2010 era. Ever since about 2011, the games just don't appeal to me.

Now, yes, maybe I'm being a bit assumptive, but I just don't see any spark, with lately the terrible roster in games, bland and mediocre soundtracks, gimmicky gameplay, and etc.

However, I do have faith in the Wii U and I feel confident Nintendo could make a comeback and continue to make amazing and phenomenal games. 

By the way, this is just the Mario aspect, as that's pretty much what I only play.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012 by Wiiboy4ever »
I like pancakes.

Offline SMK

• Formally Sir Metal King
  • gb 
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2012 »
Well, the Wii was great and was a step in the right direction. The DSI just rocked the house but the 3DS was terrible, so was Mario Party 9.

The Wii U is going to fail miserably as they already have a portable console. They will be lucky even to get 500,000 buyers with it.

ATM they are at the verge of going over a cliff. They need a decent game to reel em' back. Let's see what Mario Tennis Open has got! *Go's and plays Mario Tennis for N64*

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2012 »
Well, the Wii was great and was a step in the right direction. The DSI just rocked the house but the 3DS was terrible, so was Mario Party 9.

The Wii U is going to fail miserably as they already have a portable console. They will be lucky even to get 500,000 buyers with it.

ATM they are at the verge of going over a cliff. They need a decent game to reel em' back. Let's see what Mario Tennis Open has got! *Go's and plays Mario Tennis for N64*
This post is absolutely hilarious
I like pancakes.