Poll

Do you think Penguins should be playable in the Mario spin-offs?

Yes, I love them!!
6 (30%)
Only once or twice
3 (15%)
I'm not bothered
9 (45%)
No, that's a terrible idea!
1 (5%)
Uh... What penguins?
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Should Penguins be playable?  (Read 10413 times)

Offline Snowy

• cu 
Re: Should Penguins be playable?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012 »
Kirby has nothing to do with Mario.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012 »
Wait, why is Kirby even being brought up? Not only is he a product of a completely different developer and designer person, but he has never been a major part in the Mario series. You know, I will use an example: Diddy Kong Racing. It had three characters in there that have never appeared before (Conker, Banjo, and Tiptup). After that game was released, the Banjo-Kazooie franchise came out that starred Banjo with Tiptup as a recurring character, and then Conker had his own claim-to-fame game. Those franchises are considered SPINOFFS of the Donkey Kong franchise. The only reason why they have never appeared again in a DK game is that Rare joined Microsoft in 2003.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012 »
I get it, Kirby will never be a Mario character.

Yes, Banjo-Kazooie was a spin-off from the DK series. It became a completely different game and doesn't include any of the DK characters, even in the first games. The Banjo series has it's own unique characters and there was no need for any DK characters. The characters from the different franchises didn't belong in the others games after they went their own separate ways. That is why DK characters shouldn't be making any new appearances in Mario spin-offs, they no longer belong in each others series.

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012 »
i just got to say this, it would make more sense to include dk in the mario series than kirby because mario and dk have a history together because of their ancestors. They ancestors was always fighting but mario and dk left that in the past and became friends. mario has no relation to kirby besides meeting in the ssb series.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012 »
i just got to say this, it would make more sense to include dk in the mario series than kirby because mario and dk have a history together because of their ancestors. They ancestors was always fighting but mario and dk left that in the past and became friends. mario has no relation to kirby besides meeting in the ssb series.

You must've misunderstood me  :P
I never said remove DK but I did say that other characters shouldn't be in the Mario series. Diddy is fine because DK needs a partner but nobody else should be included. DK and Diddy are part of the Mario series now but the other DK characters have very little relation to the Mario series and should be kept away.

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012 »
So you're saying that the Hammer, one of the most valuable and well-known Mario weapons, should be scrapped just because it is associated too much with DK? I really just don't understand your logic. DK and Mario are basically the same franchises intertwined. Mario vs. Donkey Kong had Peach's Castle, Shy Guys, Kremlings, etc. Your reasoning for not including the DK characters just because "oh well the franchises split" is beyond retarded.

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012 »
I say no. They are too.... miscellaneous.
I like pancakes.

Offline GThing64

• Resident Koopaling fanboy.
  • Koopa Troopa beams are gonna blind me
  • gb 
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012 »
Let's try to get this topic back on track, shall we?  This is getting out of hand...

I think that penguins should be playable as they have a certain charm to them and better than clones like Dry Bowser, Metal Mario and Super Dry Metal Toad...
I guess I'll make a new one of these.  Eventually.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012 »
So you're saying that the Hammer, one of the most valuable and well-known Mario weapons, should be scrapped just because it is associated too much with DK? I really just don't understand your logic. DK and Mario are basically the same franchises intertwined. Mario vs. Donkey Kong had Peach's Castle, Shy Guys, Kremlings, etc. Your reasoning for not including the DK characters just because "oh well the franchises split" is beyond retarded.

So tell me, if they are basically "the same franchises intertwined", why hasn't any of the characters other than DK been part of Mario vs DK? By your logic, your telling me that because Mario has a game related to DK, all DK characters have a free pass into Mario's game?

Let's try to get this topic back on track, shall we?  This is getting out of hand...

I think that penguins should be playable as they have a certain charm to them and better than clones like Dry Bowser, Metal Mario and Super Dry Metal Toad...

Sorry I'll get back on topic now. :)
Penguins deserve a place just as much as any other character. :p

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012 »
I didn't know Nintendo had a policy that followed your illogical reasoning. Perhaps if you read my post earlier (which listed many Mario elements in Mario vs DK) you would understand, but nope, you just decide to act like a tool and ignore me. Fine. I'm honestly done trying. I should know better than to argue with 90% of MPL's members since they aren't seasoned enough yet to know how to debate. Whatever. Done.

Offline Wacky

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012 »
I didn't know Nintendo had a policy that followed your illogical reasoning. Perhaps if you read my post earlier (which listed many Mario elements in Mario vs DK) you would understand, but nope, you just decide to act like a tool and ignore me. Fine. I'm honestly done trying. I should know better than to argue with 90% of MPL's members since they aren't seasoned enough yet to know how to debate. Whatever. Done.

Is it bad to say that I love reading your posts?  lol

Anyways, for the Penguins - I'd say no.  Cute, yes.  However, I want to see Toadette return as playable before more of these background characters come in as playable characters.

Offline ChickenLegs

• This is the way the world ends...
  • Not with a bang but a whimper.
  • us 
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2012 »
No, there are better characters out there, so why waste a spot?
This has been another...pointless moment.

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012 »
Reminded me of Club Penguin.
I could there could be something better than penguin, penguins should just be Npcs.
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012 »
No, there are better characters out there, so why waste a spot?
Yes but Nintendo always changes the roster by adding different characters. Even though he may not be the best character, why not give him a chance?

He's also more deserving than characters like Honey Queen. :P

Reminded me of Club Penguin.
I could there could be something better than penguin, penguins should just be Npcs.

Which characters did you have in mind?

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012 »
NO! We have enough useless characters in Nintendo games now it ridiculous. Like we DON'T need two Bowsers, or baby versions of EVERY character, or heck even generic enemies.  If anything I would want Nintendo to strip the games rosters down back to the main characters of spin-offs just so I don't have to rip my eyes out at each "new" character being so lame.