Author Topic: Rosalina and the Cosmic Spirit!!  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
Rosalina and the Cosmic Spirit!!
« on: April 21, 2012 »
After hours of searching for information if Rosalina will make it in Mario Tennis Open, I stumbled across a very interesting webpage on Fantendo. It has information about a (possible) upcoming game for the Wii. The game is called Rosalina and the Cosmic Spirit.

The first thing you might notice is it doesn't have the name 'Mario' in the game. This is because instead of Mario Galaxy 3 being released, Shigeru Miyamoto thought it would be good to have a prequel centered around Rosalina. Rosalina will be her own playable character accompanied by a purple co-star Luma. She will have the same appearance as Super Mario Galaxy.

Plot - Rosalina and the Lumas cross the universe in the Comet Observatory. Suddenly, the observatory becomes under attack. A shadowy mist fills the observatory. It takes the form of Rosalina and causes her to lose consciousness.  She is then kicked off the Observatory, leaving her floating though space. The Cosmic Spirit takes control of the Observatory and flies off. Can Rosalina re-gain consciousness and take her Observatory back? It's up to you to help her defeat the Cosmic Spirit and take her Observatory back.

When I read all this, I was so excitied and I'm sure you will be too. I've been dying to spread the news for a while now. The game is still not 100% official because Shigeru Miyamoto said the game was not announced at the E3 conference because it would take the limelight off smaller games like Mario Tennis and Luigi's Mansion. If you wish to read more about Rosalina and the Cosmic Spirit go to this website: http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Rosalina_and_the_Cosmic_Spirit

Things to discuss:
What do you think of the game?
What do you think of Rosalina being her own playable character?
Will this affect her chances in Mario Tennis or other spin-off games?
Will this help her make an appearance in Super Smash Brothers Wii U?

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
Re: Rosalina and the Cosmic Spirit!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012 »
I wouldn't trust anything coming from Fanendo wiki. Most of the games there are made up anyway.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012 »
I wouldn't trust anything coming from Fanendo wiki. Most of the games there are made up anyway.

I did think that it could be fake but I just get too excited about anything to do with Rosalina. I also read it numerous times and it didn't say anywhere that it was just ideas for the next galaxy themed game. If it is made up I will be quite annoyed.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012 »
Although it would be a cool idea, I doubt its actuality, only due to the fact that Rosalina had the story reading part in SMG and that pretty much did her back story, as well as the fact Nintendo focuses more on playing as the plumbers than everything else atm.

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012 »
Man, the speculation here has gotten way out of control. If a game is not likely to be released and its from a site like FANTENDO.......why are you posting it like it is gonna be released?

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012 »
Man, the speculation here has gotten way out of control. If a game is not likely to be released and its from a site like FANTENDO.......why are you posting it like it is gonna be released?

It's mainly to raise awareness of the game in case it did happen to get announced. When I was reading peoples' comments about if Rosalina would be playable in Mario Kart 7, a lot of people denied the fact that Rosalina could make it because of the small roster. Many people were surprised when she was included. Then, when I was reading comments about if Luma would be playable in Mario Tennis, everyone thought it would be cool if Luma made the roster. However, they thought he was just a computer in the Galaxy Rally mini-game. They were also proved wrong.

The point I am trying to make is even if something is unlikely to happen, it does not necessarily mean that it won't happen. Even if it's from an unreliable source like Fantendo. I would like to listen to peoples' opinions about the game if it did happen to be announced.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012 by Toblet »

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012 »
Then put it in your Blog or something instead of putting some ridiculous article up for something that will surely not happen. Maybe we need a general Speculation Topic for all these games so that these boards don't get cluttered.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012 »
Then put it in your Blog or something instead of putting some ridiculous article up for something that will surely not happen. Maybe we need a general Speculation Topic for all these games so that these boards don't get cluttered.

1. It's not ridiculous, lots of people would be interested in reading something like this.
2. Never say never. Nintendo is so unpredictable, anything can happen with them. For example, who would have predicted Honey Queen in Mario kart?

I was wondering where to put the article so a "general speculation topic" wouldn't be a bad idea.