Author Topic: Mario Kart 8  (Read 21526 times)

Offline Super Mario Gamer(95)

• Playing Mario Since (1995)
  • Now your playing with Power, Super Power!!
  • us 
Re: Mario Kart 8
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2012, 04:07:31 AM »
wow really cool ideas really like the woopdeeloop galaxy one hope that one becomes a reality.
Nintendo Gamer since (1995) and grew up playing game's over the years such as
 Super Mario World, Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart Wii & More!  and own Nintendo Systems SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U & soon NES.

Offline GThing64

• Resident Koopaling fanboy.
  • Koopa Troopa beams are gonna blind me
  • gb 
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 06:22:49 AM »
I was gonna have a lengthly description of this course, but since I have to start again after the 'post preview option failed on me, I'll just put the names and write the descritions later, with the exception of one which I already had drawn out.

Peach's Castle
Wario Factory
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Waluigi City
Yoshi's Island
Shell Sea
Gusty Garden
Bowser Jr's Battle Fleet
Freezeflame Mountain
Chai Peaks
Dusty Canyon

And Battle Courses:
Block Park
Mushroom Cove (Based on Mushroom Mix-up!)
Magma Mountain
Whomp's Fortress
Starship Mario
I guess I'll make a new one of these.  Eventually.

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 06:37:00 AM »
If you write a long description, just before you post, copy all the text just to make sure you don't lose it. I lost all of my information once before, and I'm never making that mistake again! :P

Those are some great titles, I can't wait to see the descriptions of them all!

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 12:25:31 PM »
I actually would like a track based on Gusty Garden. That would be a neat little gimmick.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2012, 01:07:55 PM »
Flying through the wind with the parachute/glider thing would've been perfect for Gusty Garden.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 01:12:04 PM »
I seems perfect for professionals but difficult for newbies. I also love it!  :P

Offline GThing64

• gb 
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 01:18:17 PM »
Here we go!

Peach's Castle - Unlike MK7's Mario Circuit, this castle isn't hollow and instead has different branching paths leading to a glide across the courtyard or a swim in the moat.

Wario Factory - Just look at that map I drew again.  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Waluigi City - The neon signs aren't the only bright lights in this course - There's traffic everywhere, except in the town area where you have to contend with fountains and cobble stones.  And that's all before you factor in the decision making - which way will you go on the roundabout and will you take the tunnel or the bridge through the river?  And is that firebar allowed on public roads?

Yoshi's Island - Yoshi is awesome.  And so is his homeland.  Glide across the beach and make your way arounde the caves and forest areas past stilt guys and fuzzies.

Shell Sea - This course is all underwater and features crabs, cheep-cheeps, eels, clams and bloopers to dodge in this chaotic coral reef.

Gusty Garden - This free-falling course features gusts of wind to propel you along and help you avoid floating to your doom.  The planets act as where you start from when you fall.  The thorn ring acts as a portal back to the start.  EDIT: Actually, it would be better to just go in a circle.  You guys pretty much got that one!

Bowser Jr's Battle Fleet - This space base is sure to make your head spin, with robots, incoming fire, strange gravity and lava.

Freezeflame Mountain - Based of the levels in the Galaxy games, this course is half hot, half cold and all danger!

Chai Peaks - Based off the final world in Super Mario Land, mainly bacause Asia is awesome.  China has noodles, Japan has Nintendo.  Both are SW-EET!

Dusty Canyon - This different take on the desert theme is on a cliff instead of plains, and it has dinosaur bones.  That is all.

Choco Lake - This delicious land is filled with sweet treats such as bouncy marshmallows, a giant cake and... giant kart-flattening gumballs?  *gulp*

Railway Rush - You're on a moving train as it speeds along, turning left and right.  There are 3 trains and for each one you start in the back carrage making your way to the front where you're blasted by the steam to the top of the train where you need to get to the front again and glide to the next train, with the final gliding point leading to the finish on a hot-air balloon landing target.  Good luck!

And Battle Courses:
Block Park - A mix of the 3 'block courses' and the stage of the 'Chase Mii' tech demo for the Wii U.

Mushroom Cove - Based on Mushroom Mix-up, you start on different mushrooms which randomly drop, plunging you to the waters below.  To get back up, just use a pipe!

Magma Mountain - It's not just the battle heating up here! That was terrible The magma is rising, and fast!  Do your best to climb higher whilst still fending off your opponents!

Whomp's Fortress - For the Nostalganerd in all of us.  I didn't even play SM64 and I love Throwback Galaxy.

Starship Mario - Speaking of Galaxy 2, here's the faceship itself!
  And the winner for the most confusing map goes to...
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:24:44 PM by GThing64 »

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 02:01:32 PM »
Yoshi's Island - Yoshi is awesome.  And so is his homeland.  Glide across the beach and make your way arounde the caves and forest areas past stilt guys and fuzzies.

Shell Sea - This course is all underwater and features crabs, cheep-cheeps, eels, clams and bloopers to dodge in this chaotic coral reef.

Gusty Garden - This free-falling course features gusts of wind to propel you along and help you avoid floating to your doom.  The planets act as where you start from when you fall.  The thorn ring acts as a portal back to the start.  EDIT: Actually, it would be better to just go in a circle.  You guys pretty much got that one!

Choco Lake - This delicious land is filled with sweet treats such as bouncy marshmallows, a giant cake and... giant kart-flattening gumballs?  *gulp*

Railway Rush - You're on a moving train as it speeds along, turning left and right.  There are 3 trains and for each one you start in the back carrage making your way to the front where you're blasted by the steam to the top of the train where you need to get to the front again and glide to the next train, with the final gliding point leading to the finish on a hot-air balloon landing target.  Good luck!
WOW, you have some great ideas GThing64! These are my favourite five:

Yoshi's Island - A mini game was made out of Yoshi Story on Mario and Sonic 2012, so why not a Yoshi Island as a race track? It's certainly a different idea to any other map I can think of.

Shell sea - I'm a sucker for anything underwater! :P
The only problem is maybe it's a little too unrealistic, being underwater for the ENTIRE course.

Gusty garden - I think we've made our points already, it's a nice concept, using your glider to drift along the wind. It sounds so calming. ^-^

Choco Lake - Yummy. The thing is, I'd probably eat the gumball before it squished me! :P

Railway Rush - This is my favourite of your idea's because the idea of trying to reach the end of the train and then gliding towards the other trains to start another lap, it just sounds too epic. The ending sounds to me a bit like Wuhu Mountain Loop where you have to glide to the finishing line. That part of the map was great.  :-D Although, would it be a little difficult to glide onto the other trains when they are moving at such high speed?

Nintendo should really listen to fan's ideas for maps because some of them are really good.

Offline GThing64

• gb 
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 02:23:24 PM »
The only problem is maybe it's a little too unrealistic, being underwater for the ENTIRE course
Unrealistic?  Can you explain how please?

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 02:35:06 PM »
The only problem is maybe it's a little too unrealistic, being underwater for the ENTIRE course
Unrealistic?  Can you explain how please?
In MK7, characters at least had a chance to breathe. I know you can stay in the water for ages, but still... At least there is opportunity to gasp for breathe. Characters would need gas tanks or something if they are underwater for the entire course.

Offline GThing64

• gb 
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 02:48:28 PM »
In MK7, characters at least had a chance to breathe. I know you can stay in the water for ages, but still... At least there is opportunity to gasp for breathe. Characters would need gas tanks or something if they are underwater for the entire course.
IT'S GOT A TALKING MUSHROOM.  IN A GO-KART.  AND A GIANT MUTATED FIRE-BREATHING TURTLE.  Also, think of MP3&5.  Don't talk about realism in a Mario game. :P

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 02:55:50 PM »
Don't bother arguing with him. It's like trying to convince a four year old that Santa isn't real.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 03:08:32 PM »
Don't bother arguing with him. It's like trying to convince a four year old that Santa isn't real.

Your just angry that not everyone shares the same opinion as you. You really should stop saying nasty things about people.

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »
I'm open to all opinions. I'm just sick of people like you ignoring my posts to justify why you are posting illogical arguments and stupid worded statements.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »
I'm open to all opinions. I'm just sick of people like you ignoring my posts to justify why you are posting illogical arguments and stupid worded statements.
1. I never ignored your posts.
2. My argument was just as logical as yours.
3. I never called you a "retard" to justify my argument, unlike you.