Author Topic: Mario Kart 8  (Read 21527 times)

Offline Lavajones

Mario Kart 8
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »
Im to lazy to think of ideas right now, but lets see what u guys think of!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:08:46 AM by SuperZambezi »

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
Re: Mario Kart 8
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 06:39:53 PM »
Hm, maybe if they brought in Karts, and Mario characters. No that won't work, let's have you play as a bob-omb.
I guess I would like to see more New courses, than rather have a half and half of new and old.

Offline madstarr12

• Not worthy of holding the "Owl" name....
  • Toad
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
New courses, some retro courses. Use the Wii U Tablet Controller in some unique way (I can't think of any unique way of using it). Maybe bring back special items, and no more one-lapped sectional courses. I seriously dislike that a track like Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7 is broken up into 3 sections which don't even equate to more than 2 minutes (on average). If only that track had two laps at the least. Plus, make the courses longer! Whatever happened to those long courses back in the N64 days? 4-6 minutes without shortcuts in Rainbow Road (of course, don't make it as boring).

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »
Bring back the elimination Balloon Battle. I played it for hours; I love the fact you could drive around the map as a ghost if you ran out of Balloons. Implement that in Mario kart 8 and I will buy it on release day without fail. Also, it should keep Rosalina as a playable character.  :P

Offline Nintendoguy

• au 
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »
i think lubba from supper mario galaxy 2 would be a cool character and unexpected like honeyqueen in mk7 and they should have 3 third party characters sonic,amigo,pacman and 3 other different nintendo game characters like link,kirby and star fox they should keep rosalina because she only has been in super mario galaxies and mkwii and mk7 maybe proffesor e gadd could be another suprising character

i also think they should return the illimination balloon battle it was so fun and challenging ;D

8B1T: Please do not double post, you can edit your post with the Modify button or the pencil/paper icon.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:22:34 AM by 31GHT B1T S3RVANT »
:D XD  skylanders!

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »
It's never too early to talk about future games. I've come up with a few ideas for Mario Kart Wii U, inspired by other Mario Games. It would be great to see new maps but with a history. Here are a few of my ideas:

The Great Boggly Tree - I've always loved the Punies in Paper Mario and they don't deserve to be forgotten about. How about racing down the tree as fast as possible, avoiding the water and jabies, to be sucked back up to the top of the tree by a large tube to start another lap. The Punies could be the audience watching from the sidelines. I think this is an awesome idea and it brings back some cute and familiar faces. ;D

Super Mario 3D land - This is a great game and is very popular. I'm sure a map could be made in the similar style where you could avoid the piranhas and balance on the moving platforms. It may be difficult to make but I believe it would be possible with a bit of effort.

Woopdeeloop galaxy - This is my favourite idea. Remember the minigame in Super Mario Galaxy, where you race on a manta ray? How about the same game but moved onto Mario Kart 8, where 12 characters race simultaneously. The manta rays could be different colours depending on the character used. It would be easy to fall off the map and mushrooms would be difficult to use effectively, but that's the fun of the game.

I hope you like my ideas! :D If you have any other ideas for a map, they are always welcome.

Offline Nintendoguy

• au 
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 08:33:14 PM »
i love all your ideas

maybe they could do goomba's booty boardwalk you go up the boardwalk  and go into the cannon at the end that takes you to the start again it would be 3-4 laps maybe 5?

and also luigi's mansion 2 or 1 but is more inside the mansion unlike mkds

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 07:58:25 AM »
i love all your ideas

maybe they could do goomba's booty boardwalk you go up the boardwalk  and go into the cannon at the end that takes you to the start again it would be 3-4 laps maybe 5?

and also luigi's mansion 2 or 1 but is more inside the mansion unlike mkds
Those are some great ideas. I'm interested in any game with a cannon. O0 Part of the boardway could be removed to make good use of the underwater effect. I love the idea of starting the lap again and having no idea who is in first place. That's why I loved Yoshi Valley so much in Mario Kart 64 because you had no clue who was first.

Luigi's mansion would be a lot trickier because there are so many rooms. It could be a game partly based on luck where you have to decide on which door to choose, and hope it is the fastest route to the finish line.

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 10:39:33 AM »
They already made a Luigi's Mansion theme stage.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 10:56:08 AM »
There was the battle one for DD, the track for DS, and the remade track for 3DS.

Offline Nintendoguy

• au 
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 01:36:13 PM »

I know but most of the track was outside and my idea is inside and it could be like a game

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 01:44:04 PM »
"and it could be like a game" Explain that.

Offline Nintendoguy

• au 
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 02:24:27 PM »
Did you reads toblet's message you have to find your way through it

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 03:15:32 PM »
Sorry, but your English is making comprehending your statements more difficultly.

Offline Nintendoguy

• au 
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 04:08:59 PM »
 >:( :-[ :'( >:(sorry