Author Topic: NoA Registers Four Domain Names  (Read 2379 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
NoA Registers Four Domain Names
« on: April 10, 2012 »
Quote from: Nintendo Life
Nintendo Buys Supermario4.com Web Domain

Posted Mon, 09 Apr 2012 | 14:00 BST by Thomas Whitehead

An intriguing choice, yes?

The news that Nintendo recently purchased a Mario related web domain is not always interesting, especially as big companies often buy web addresses just to prevent others using them. When we saw that supermario4.com was a recent acquisition for Nintendo, however, we were definitely intrigued.

It may be rampant speculation, but the specific choice of this URL strikes us as a potential early spoiler: it's important to note that Nintendo hasn't purchased other numbered variations for the same domain name. With Nintendo already announcing a 2D Super Mario title for 3DS, perhaps this could be a sequel to the NES classic Super Mario Bros. 3? With Sega recently providing a direct sequel to an iconic 1990s title with Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1, it's not an idea without precedent.

That's speculation, but it's a fact that Nintendo has purchased supermario4.com. Do you think it could be related to the already announced 3DS Super Mario game, or potentially another project? If there is a Super Mario Bros. 4, what kind of game would you like it to be?
Source

Nintendo is purchasing a Supermario4.com web domain to ensure it has a web for itself in the future. Could this foresee another Mario game coming in the future that's not a 2D Super Mario title for the 3DS? Do you think there will truly be such a new Mario game?

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: NoA Registers Four Domain Names
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012 »
Would've made more sense if supermariobros4.com

Hmm, gonna stay equivocal with this for now, it may be just avoiding other ppl buying it up

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012 »
Well - they did make a New Super Mario Bros...
It wouldn't seem likely for that to happen...

We can always hope, though... (and just hope they only add to SMB3 :P)

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012 »
If there is a Super Mario Bros 4 I hope they bring back Peach and Toad into the games. Being just Mario sequel after sequel is starting to lose its charm with me. Maybe they are planning a remake to MP4 or something but thats highly unlikely.

Though for now these are only rumors and it could just be something else other than Mario Bros 4 entirely or nothing at all.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012 »
If there is a Super Mario Bros 4 I hope they bring back Peach and Toad into the games.

I'm sure both will be in the game. But if you mean playable, I highly doubt that. The Super Mario Bros. 2 game released here in NA wasn't the true sequel to Super Mario Bros.. The game Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels(named Super Mario Bros. 2 originally in Japan) is the true sequel of Super Mario Bros.. Reason why it was called Lost Levels is because that game wasn't originally released in NA until Super Mario All-Stars.

Besides, Super Mario Bros. 2(NA) is just that whole Doki Doki Panic paradox.

Yay for history lessons.

I already knew every single bit of that. I think Mario Bros 2 (USA) was better with Mario in it becuase it was a good game and if it stayed Doki Doki it would have never made it to the states and we would have just gotten another Mario Bros clone game. SMB2 spiced it up a bit by offering different game play than any other of the Super Mario games. It was still released in Japan as a GBA game I think so they can still update it like NSMBW.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012 by ★Plum★ »

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012 »
There's already a Super Mario Bros. 4. It was the Japanese name for a timeless SNES classic, Super Mario World. So it is most likely not a true SMB sequel. I at first thought it was a placeholder title for Paper Mario 4 but it had SUPER in the link so probably not lol.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012 »
^ would that mean that if the Western regions got a Super Mario 4 it'd be called Super Mario 5 in Japan or Super Mario 4 (USA)? =P

I just can't see modern gamers going back to the classic style of Mario (SMB1 thru SMW) without raging about difficulty :p

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline SolidSnake17

• "Your orders, not mine."- Solid Snake
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012 »
^ would that mean that if the Western regions got a Super Mario 4 it'd be called Super Mario 5 in Japan or Super Mario 4 (USA)? =P

I just can't see modern gamers going back to the classic style of Mario (SMB1 thru SMW) without raging about difficulty :p
I honestly think the Mario games NEED a bit of a difficulty boost.  SMW was a good game because of the challenge I got from playing it, and I know it's not the hardest.
If it's a side-scroller like the others, graphics and sounds can only get you so far.

Quote from: Q
I use YouTwitFace. A 3rd party app that fuses Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012 »

Probably but Nintendo might not see it like that nowadays lol.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012 »
I honestly think the Mario games NEED a bit of a difficulty boost.

I totally agree. They definitely need it. Today's Mario games are just plain simple and easy. They give no challenge whatsoever. Nintendo says they're more about gameplay, but they really need to make the games challenging instead of making their games so easy that a 5-year-old could beat them. >_>

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012 »
I honestly think the Mario games NEED a bit of a difficulty boost.

I totally agree. They definitely need it. Today's Mario games are just plain simple and easy. They give no challenge whatsoever. Nintendo says they're more about gameplay, but they really need to make the games challenging instead of making their games so easy that a 5-year-old could beat them. >_>

It's not so much the level design as it is spamming the Mushroom Houses, multiple spots to get infinite 1-Up, and that Hint Replay option or whatever the hell it's called.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012 »
This past weekend, Nintendo of America registered three domain names.

Two of them were expected, but the last one was very surprising. They apparently registered Fire Emblem: Awakening for Nintendo 3DS. Looks like it may come to North America after all.

They registered Fire Emblem: Awakening, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and Pokedex 3D Pro.

Source

We should expect more news soon, especially at E3 2012.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012 »
Yay more 3DS games to get.

Offline Starlit Midnight

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012 »
Yay. More news that we already know and is a week or so old.

Offline charles109

• us 
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2012 »
We may get more Nintendo 3DS news such as more games.