Author Topic: New Mario female character?  (Read 8382 times)

Offline Toblet

• Proud supporter of Rosalina!
  • Since her Galaxy debut! ^_^
  • gb 
New Mario female character?
« on: April 22, 2012 »
Currently, there are 4 male human characters and 3 female in the Mario spin-offs. How would you feel about a new female character to balance things up? Nintendo has a habit of copying existing characters and changing them into new ones:
Mario - Wario
Luigi - Waluigi
Peach - Rosalina (Well... Peach and Rosalina are not really that similar but I am sure they are related in some way).
Daisy - ?

Where does that leave Daisy? Well, I have come up with a solution. Remember Daisy from Mario Party 3 and Mario Tennis 64? After comparing the two, the old Daisy and the new one look almost completely different. That is why I have renamed the old Daisy 'Maisy' and I believe she should return to the Mario series. She had an original dress, a red crown and a very unique voice. The only thing I would change about Maisy, would be changing her earrings and necklace to purple, so it is not too similar to Peach's. I know she is not likely to return but it's an idea to give the existing Daisy a twin, and many people liked the look of Maisy before she was revamped. Do you think she should be a good character and help Mario? Or should she be on the same team as Wario and Waluigi and be Daisy's evil twin?

If you can't remember what the old Daisy looked like, here's an image:
http://bit.ly/HXGMj4

Of course, if you have other idea's for a new female character then I would love to see them. I would also like to hear your opinions if you think there shouldn't be another female character and why.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012 by Toblet »

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
Re: New Mario female character?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012 »
Toad- Toadette
And Maisy seems to be a nice idea.  ;D
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012 »
Toad- Toadette
And Maisy seems to be a nice idea.  ;D

Thank you. There are many similar characters but I can't be bothered to name them all.  :P

Offline Dolly

• Dolly Dear
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012 »
Daisy used to be a lot darker hair and skin color wise, so I'd like too see another girl with those traits again. Maybe an Indian-Pocahontas type, hehe.  :D

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012 »
Daisy is the sister of Peach, even Nintendo confirms this. Therefore, Daisy is a clone of Peach. Rosalina is a totally seperate entity.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012 »
Daisy is the sister of Peach, even Nintendo confirms this. Therefore, Daisy is a clone of Peach. Rosalina is a totally seperate entity.
I thought it said in one of the guides they were cousins not sisters and where at? I have never seen or heard Nintendo say this.

and its more like:

Pauline - Daisy

Nintendo just hates Pauline.

Offline Dolly

• Dolly Dear
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012 »
Where did they say that? I don't see how two can be sisters if they're princesses of two different kingdoms.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012 »
Where did they say that? I don't see how two can be sisters if they're princesses of two different kingdoms.

Daisy and Peach are just friends. Peach is the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom and Daisy is the Princess of Sarasaland. If they were sisters then they would both rule the Mushroom kingdom. Daisy likes to spend a lot of time with Peach but that doesn't mean they are sisters. Also, the guides for the sport games say that there is a friendly rivalry, that they are 'friends'. They could be cousins but I highly doubt it. In my opinion, the only thing similar about them is their dress.

P.S. Where does Nintendo confirm that they are sisters?

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012 »
Back in medieval times if two princes of two kingdoms, married sisters, one sister would go to one kingdom and the other one would go to the other... but I think it would be easier to say Nintendo logic for this.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012 »
Daisy used to be a lot darker hair and skin color wise, so I'd like too see another girl with those traits again. Maybe an Indian-Pocahontas type, hehe.  :D

Lol that would be cool. Although, the only way I could see that happening if a new game comes out called 'Mario travels to India'. I've also noticed that Daisy seems to have ginger hair in Mario Kart 7, unless it's very very light brown.

Offline -Toad-

• The curious Mushroom Retainer
  • "Yahoo!"
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012 »
I wouldn't mind another female character; however, I personally believe that Nintendo should first treat the characters they already made with better care. Mario, Bowser, Yoshi, and even Luigi seem to be treated quite well these days; however, the rest of the characters still deserve to be better expressed first before the addition of any more new characters.

Toadette, Daisy, Rosalina, and even Peach herself need to be developed better as well (though Peach has a better status than the other female characters by a long shot). So far, their roles appear to be minor. Even bringing back Captain Syrup or Pauline would be a good move in my opinion.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012 »
I wouldn't mind another female character; however, I personally believe that Nintendo should first treat the characters they already made with better care. Mario, Bowser, Yoshi, and even Luigi seem to be treated quite well these days; however, the rest of the characters still deserve to be better expressed first before the addition of any more new characters.

Toadette, Daisy, Rosalina, and even Peach herself need to be developed better as well (though Peach has a better status than the other female characters by a long shot). So far, their roles appear to be minor. Even bringing back Captain Syrup or Pauline would be a good move in my opinion.
Nintendo seems to like to follow a role for the girls in Mario games as damsels in distress. Sure Peach has been a hero in games like Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Princess Peach, or even Yoshi's Island DS, usually in Mario games, it follows the formula of fight the bad guy and save the princess.

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012 »
I think nintendo should come with a new completely different female character and insert her to the mario series. They should name her violet or cherry or something :P

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012 »
I think nintendo should come with a new completely different female character and insert her to the mario series. They should name her violet or cherry or something :P

Or just bring back Plum. She is a normal girl and can relate more to real life people than a plumber or a princess can.

Offline Toblet

• gb 
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012 »

I really like that idea, we need a new red/purple human Nintendo character. Plus the names are spot on.  :D

Or just bring back Plum. She is a normal girl and can relate more to real life people than a plumber or a princess can.

I don't think plum should return to the Mario series. The human characters were only made to fill in spaces for the lack of Mario characters. Although I do think Nintendo should make games featuring only the human characters.

SuperZambezi: Please do not double post.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012 by SuperZambezi »