Author Topic: Have you played Pikmin?  (Read 1428 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Have you played Pikmin?
« on: April 13, 2012 »
I rented the first game but I never got past the first few days. Fun, but any kind of strategy game back then was a little much for me. I'd love to try the first two, so I'm hoping Nintendo will have some sort of Gamecube VC on the Wii U. 

Offline Polar

• au 
Re: Have you played Pikmin?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012 »
No I have never tried them but always wanted to. I have seen plenty of copies of the first two games for New Play Control so I might pick them up.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012 »
I definitely played both games. They're great, and I like Pikmin 2 over Pikmin.

Pikmin has you collecting 30 ship parts within 30 game days, and Pikmin 2 has you collecting 201 treasures in caves in as many days as you need.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012 »
Borrowed the first one from a friend years ago, never beat it, but it was a good game.

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012 »
Oh my god I love this series to death :p Pikmin 2 fixed up Pikmin 1's issues (the mysterious pikmin disappearing glitch) and was overall a much better game.

Plus Pikmin 2 introduced the broken Pikmin XD

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012 »
Just didn't get into these. I am more into puzzle games than strategy like installments.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012 »
They were okay but I could never get into them.

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012 »
I've played and loved both.

Pikmin 1 was great, until Pikmin 2 came out, which was much better! :D But so gosh dang harder at that, I finished both but never got 100% on the second one, it's really hard to fully beat Pikmin 2. But Pikmin 2 has multiplayer, and it is REALLY fun, both mission co-op and battle mode! :)

Never tried the "new play control" for Wii pikmin 1, but I they're making Pikmin 3 for Wii U and I absolutely cannot wait. :)
I like pancakes.

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012 »
No I have never tried them but always wanted to. I have seen plenty of copies of the first two games for New Play Control so I might pick them up.
Oh yeah, speaking of the New Play Control, I wish the Pikmin 2 New Play Control was released in America :p (IIRC that was the only area where Pikmin 2 NPC wasn't release >__>)