Author Topic: Sonic Designer Hirokazu Yasuhara Joins Nintendo  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Quote from: Nintendo Life
Sonic Designer Hirokazu Yasuhara Joins Nintendo

Posted Thu, 05 Apr 2012 | 10:15 BST by James Newton

It's just not natural

Hirokazu Yasuhara, an instrumental member of Sonic Team during the 1990s, has taken a new role at Nintendo of America.

Yasuhara sometimes known as Carol Yas was game planner on the original Sonic the Hedgehog before directing and designing the best of the hedgehog's 16-bit adventures. His final game at SEGA was Dreamcast disaster Floigan Brothers in 2001; he then moved to Naughty Dog where he was game designer on the Jak & Daxter and Uncharted games. Last year he worked on Pac-Man Party for Wii while at Namco Bandai, a position he left in March.

Yasuhara has taken up a new, unspecified role at Nintendo Software Technology, a Nintendo of America subsidiary that's best known for Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! and Metroid Prime Hunters, among others.

What could this former SEGA great and NST cook up together?
Source

Hirokazu Yasuhara has left Sega and is now joining Nintendo. Personally, I think this is great news, as Sega hasn't been doing well recently. Yasuhara will be making new games for Nintendo, maybe I'll try out one when it comes eventually. What do you think about this move?

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
Re: Sonic Designer Hirokazu Yasuhara Joins Nintendo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012 »
So there for a hardcore mario game that players like a Sonic one? I LIKE!