Author Topic: Pure White Mage and Rosalina... whut?  (Read 5177 times)

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
Pure White Mage and Rosalina... whut?
« on: April 05, 2012 »
Dose anyone else think that the Pure White Mage from Mario Sports mix looks ALLOT like Rosalina? I'm guessing it was a little message to the fans "We didn't forget Rosalina! SEE!" but I don't see why she couldn't have taken Toads or the Slims spot on the roster.

Offline Toadette

• The Best Mario Character ever in the History of Forever
  • 2k15 #YearofToadette 👍
  • us 
Re: Pure White Mage and Rosalina... whut?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012 »
Leave Toad alone already :P

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012 »
Well I say Toad becuase out of the whole class he is the shortest and one of the unnecessary ones. I just don't think he belongs in the sports games.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012 »
Don't have Sports mix, but when I googled the image I see what you mean, it does look a lot like Rosalina.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012 »
Who actually designed Shiroma's design for Hoops and MSM?

Yeah it sorta looks like Rosalina XD Maybe an excuse to keep Mario-franchise playables low? O.o

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012 »
Who actually designed Shiroma's design for Hoops and MSM?

Yeah it sorta looks like Rosalina XD Maybe an excuse to keep Mario-franchise playables low? O.o

I don't think its Shiroma. Its to "sexy"... it always looked more like Lenna to me

Because the sprite and the White Mage in the games look incredibly similar and the fact she is a princess and White Mage wears a tiara.

Though it appears to just be based straight from the first White Mage.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012 »
Well I say Toad becuase out of the whole class he is the shortest and one of the unnecessary ones. I just don't think he belongs in the sports games.
Ohohoho. Toad is one of the main characters of the Mario franchise, I don't see how that makes him "unnecessary". =P And speaking of being unnecessary, I could reverse that argument at you and say that there's 2 Princesses already, we don't need another one. Just my Tea.

I noticed that as well... =P It looks like something Rosalina would wear, but White Mage really doesn't have the vibe of "calmness" Rosalina has imo.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012 »
Well I hate Toad and hes short, fat, and slow not the most sporty guy. I think hes fine everywhere else just not in the sports titles...so there ya go and Peach and Daisy are completely different they are only cosmetically similar. People like them for their personalities and not cuz they are princesses and by your logic only Mario should be the playable plumber while Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi don't compete.

Yea Rosalina has this calmness to her that only Plum and a very few others had before her. White Mage is calm and all but she isn't that calm.

Also I saw her panties once and they are red. :P

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012 »
Well I hate Toad and hes short, fat, and slow not the most sporty guy. I think hes fine everywhere else just not in the sports titles...so there ya go and Peach and Daisy are completely different they are only cosmetically similar. People like them for their personalities and not cuz they are princesses and by your logic only Mario should be the playable plumber while Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi don't compete.
Toad is fast... idk where you got "slow" from. Fat? So Toad is Wario's size?? I'll give you that on short.

I was just saying that cuz you made a push on how we don't need unnecessary characters, characters like Daisy IS pushing it on unnecessary characters (this is coming from a HUGE Daisy fan), and then throw in Rosalina to that? Why not just have Peach? Honestly, sometimes Nintendo makes Daisy/Rosalina Peach clones (looking at MKWII, MK7, Older MP games) I just don't understand the logic how you want to remove a completely original character like Toad and replace him with ANOTHER princess who'll just act/walk almost exactly like Peach. However I will admit, Daisy they have been fixing up to make her act different (which I like, and idk why I brang her up XD). Let me straighten this up, I don't hate Daisy/Rosalina by any means, I love them actually (on my top 5 fav Mario characters list). And Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi act very different between each other.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012 »
Well its just that Toad is my least favorite Mario character so when I think a better character could have been added I usually say they should replace Toad. Though I do get how he is original and whatever but I just don't like the short guys in sports games. Just to clear this up Rosalina isn't a blood princess she just looks like one for some reason. Though I guess you can say she is queen of the stars or something.

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012 »
THAT looks like Rosalina? You probably mean in-game or something, right?
I like pancakes.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012 »
THAT looks like Rosalina? You probably mean in-game or something, right?

Yea in game play it does look like Rosalina in a tennis style dress. She has the same color scheme and everything just the eyes are red.