Author Topic: Physical or Digital?  (Read 3166 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Physical or Digital?
« on: April 04, 2012 »
We are slowly moving into an age of digital downloads, and depending on how the next generationand handles it, we might see a major decrease in physical copies of games.

Are for or against digital downloads? Which one do you prefer?

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
Re: Physical or Digital?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012 »
I hate how everything is going digital its making it easier to never have to leave your house for anything. Like those people who play WOW. I would rather go to the store and buy a physical copy of a game because with digital downloading you could only have so much before whatever your downloading it for runs out of memory. At least with physical copeis you can have as many as you want withut having to worry about memory space.

Offline Topper1

• :D
  • I have returned... again
  • gb 
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012 »
As long as Physical copies are bigger, contain more content worthy of its often larger price, then I don't mind living with both types.
I do a mixture of both at the moment!

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012 »
Physical copies won't waste up your data on your game console - plus it's nice to get an excuse to go out~ even if it's for a game! ;D

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012 »
Physical copies won't waste up your data on your game console - plus it's nice to get an excuse to go out~ even if it's for a game! ;D
This, and also, physical copies usually have the cases within, and it's nice to have the artwork on the case.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012 »
I don't mind getting digital copies, provided the price is fair and isn't too taxing on my HDD. I've found myself getting more digital copies of games; mostly due to PSN Plus giving me free games and such. My PSPGo is download only, so I can only download games for that.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Mizore_Ice

• HELLO AEGIS-KUN
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012 »
I prefer physical copies of video games at most.

As for other stuff, I don't care if I get it digitally or physical.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012 »
I prefer physical copies. With digital, they can remove the game from their online store and it takes up space on the console, which requires more money to afford more space. Plus, I rather go out to get the game at Gamestop, explore their store for anything interesting, and purchase whatever I have. The case, artwork, and actual game disc are also another reason I buy physical games.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2012 »
I like having a physical copy so I can bring it to a friend's house and play it there.

Offline Ryoux0

• Your Worst Nightmare
  • Guess who's back!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012 »
I prefer physical.. Easier to take a game than it is your system over to a friends house. Although I will admit I have bought a lot of VC games..

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2012 »
If it's a game I can only get for a console from downloading I'll download it. Such as Virtual Console and Xbox Live Arcade. Otherwise I'll try to get a physical copy. Only exception of me downloading a legit full game was with Rock Band 3 since it was only 1600 Microsoft Points and that was cheaper then buying it on disc. I'll probably never buy a full game again though since they take up a good 5-7 GB's and my 250 GB Hard Drive on my Xbox 360 is only at 20 GB left and that's after clearing out unnecessary items.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012 »
I prefer physical copies. With digital, they can remove the game from their online store and it takes up space on the console, which requires more money to afford more space. Plus, I rather go out to get the game at Gamestop, explore their store for anything interesting, and purchase whatever I have. The case, artwork, and actual game disc are also another reason I buy physical games.
Usually when they remove something from the online store, it'll stay marked that you bought it on your account. I have some games on my PSN that aren't listed but I can redownload at any time.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline SolidSnake17

• "Your orders, not mine."- Solid Snake
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012 »
There are good things about each.  With a download , as long as you don't lose your console, you won't lose your game.  Plus the not having to leave your house to get a new game.  With a physical copy, you can play it on more than just your own console and you don't have to worry about free hard drive space.  I like physical copies just like the rest of you.  I would hate to have a full hard drive just to fit all my games, plus all those other reasons already mentioned.

Quote from: Q
I use YouTwitFace. A 3rd party app that fuses Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.

Offline Wiiboy4ever

• us 
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012 »
Digital because I am a lazy **** and hate doing work.
I like pancakes.

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012 »
I'd say a little of both. Digital takes up space, yes, but it spares the chore of having to go out and hassle with the physical copies. Physical doesn't take up space and you can play on other consoles instead of just the one you bought it on. But since i'm forever stuck in the 19th century, i prefer physical.