Author Topic: NSMBW the FAIL of the Toads and what would have been better  (Read 3301 times)

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
Me and Toadette were talking about the two generic Toads in NSMBW and agreed anything would have been better than them. Like Toad and Toadette or the Wicked Bros or even Daisy. Nintendo gave some BS exuse to why Daisy couldn't be playable becuase her dress would be hard to model and work and what not but they could have used her sports gear. It is an adventure and one wouldn't go on an adventure in heals and a long dress. The Wicked Bros would have been rely cool and it would complete the plumber set to have them. Heck I would have liked Toad and Toadette (I know right? And I hate them). If they wanted to use Toads why not the two most popular? Or Plum!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012 by ★Plum★ »

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
I can kind of understand Daisy's no show in this game, but I agree that Wario and Waluigi would've worked way more than Y & B Toads. Sure Wario and Waluigi are mean to the Mario bros, but when you're playing with multiple people, you can occasionally screw around with them, making sense for the Wicked bros. But can't change now.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
Well Daisy is more the hero type than Peach but yea I can understand them not wanting to use her or any girl for that matter. Yea or Toad and Toadette since they seemed to have wanted to use Toads. Give us characters we care about not two new generic ones.

Offline Deceptive Dislike

• Silence
  • us 
True, they could've used the Blue and Yellow Toad where the red Toad was in the game. And use Toad and Toadette where Y and B were.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
Yea because it would have made more sense for them since the Toads at the castles are usually generic ones.

Offline Croconaw

• So I am far less active now.
  • Not too interested in forums now.
  • ca 
I agree, but I should point out the following.

1: It was Peach that got the dress excuse, but I don't think that would matter much.
2: They wanted everybody to have the same abilities, and for everybody to have red, blue, yellow or green as their color. I don't think Wario or Waluigi would fit the first part.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
It would be Red, Green, Yellow, and Purple/ blue. It fits the colors. Yea it doesn't matter much since its largely unlikely Daisy will ever be in a main Mario game again.

Offline Toadette

• The Best Mario Character ever in the History of Forever
  • 2k15 #YearofToadette 👍
  • us 
Apparently people don't like playing as girls >=/
Oh well, I like Y and B Toad, I just hate how Nintendo didn't even bother naming them. I like to think they're the same Y and B Toads from Sunshine, Galaxy and MP9.

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
Rosalina might be a good idea, though I don't think Blue Toad and Yellow Toad are bad ideas.
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
The reason is because the Mario games are targeted more for younger boys than they are girls. Imagine your a boy (if you aren't already one) at the age of 10 and you and your friends sit down to play this game. You starts playing and your the one who has to play as the girl. :T

Yea I would like to think of them as those Toads to because at least then they have some kind of history instead of being two random toads.

Rosalina isn't fit for a main character spot. She is to tall (taller than Peach), to powerful with her magic, and is better fit as the Zordon type character.

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
I always thought they did it for the colors. You know, since it's easy to differentiate between Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow. Although, Wario and Waluigi would have worked with the Yellow and Purple.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
Yea they were just being lazy because the two Toads were just literally the same character just textured differently.

Offline madstarr12

• Not worthy of holding the "Owl" name....
  • Toad
As much as I like Toad as a character, having the ability to select your own (besides the generic Toad) would have made the game all the more better. Wario and Waluigi in a Mario Bros. game like this would have been weird. It would have been nice of Nintendo to include a female character (whether it is Toadette or Daisy etc...), I wouldn't mind playing as one of them.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
If they included Miis it would have been a first day buy for me.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
Me and Toadette were talking about the two generic Toads in NSMBW and agreed anything would have been better than them. Like Toad and Toadette or the Wicked Bros or even Daisy. Nintendo gave some BS exuse to why Daisy couldn't be playable becuase her dress would be hard to model and work and what not but they could have used her sports gear. It is an adventure and one wouldn't go on an adventure in heals and a long dress. The Wicked Bros would have been rely cool and it would complete the plumber set to have them. Heck I would have liked Toad and Toadette (I know right? And I hate them). If they wanted to use Toads why not the two most popular? Or Plum!
What? I'm pretty sure that comment about dress error was for Peach, not Daisy. They were originally going to have Peach playable, but scrapped that idea.