Author Topic: April Fools Gone Wrong  (Read 9212 times)

Offline cookieboy17

• da
Re: April Fools Gone Wrong
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012 »
I don't think Bullet shoukd get a Perma-ban, I think Major Ban is Enough. :(
Anyway, I am surprised, since a lot of madness happened when I was gone. :P

Trust me...Perma-ban isn't even enough.
rip dinosaur

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012 »

Then what will be enough? Banning that IP adress from the internet? ;P
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012 »
Pretty sure if he was deleting accounts he means business.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012 »
I think the biggest problem was basically that he came and did stuff his way without any care for what others had to say. That usually causes conflict, and his idea of fixing a conflict was unfortunately demonstrated yesterday. I mean it's not like he came here for the sole purpose of destroying the forum or anything, he did help us out some before he was banned, but he just took the power he had and used it for wrong. It's unfortunate but the staff has taken care of the situation as best as we could, restoring the forum to normal order.
rip dinosaur

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012 »
"You can say it sucked because it never existed" SZ I'm sorry but I couldn't stop laughing at that.

Then what will be enough? Banning that IP adress from the internet? ;P
You can ban his host, IP, gateway, etc. if I remember correctly. I used to be a mod on a little forum running SMF 1.xx so I'm sure things have changed.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012 »
Are... you... serious? This is something... I wasn't there yesterday when this thing have happenned and when I was reading this, I was kinda affraid. It's always good to know that the administrators can do some huge things like this that could make people safe with these kind of things. It's always good to have back-ups, at least... Still, I don't understand why a so good place could be entirely destroyed that way... There are some people that sure does mistakes or get mad at some people... sure... people cannot always understand each other or being friend with each other, but still, to make a thing like that is such something that have nonsense, completely... And anyways... you, people, got strong with this situation and it's probably why I am really glad that everything is safe now and well, you can get a lot of thanks for my protection and for the others ones too, aswell as the website/forum. You made me glad each day of being around here and I just want to help you and encourage you. Huge thanks!
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry:

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012 »
I had no idea if that whole mess yesterday was a joke or not, but I had that bad feeling in my gut. I'm just glad that everything and everyone's okay.

We might've lost April 1st's posts, but that's a whole lot better than losing the forum itself. Too bad it didn't turn out for the best, but now we know to never let that happen again. And yes, it would be strongly in your guys' favor to change passwords, just to be on the safe side in case anything were to happen later.

Offline ★Plum★

• Plum is best golfer
  • #1 Plum fan!
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012 »
I remember the site going down and all that. I remember him changing the title to the site to but didn't think it went as far as deleting accounts. WOW

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012 »
I only noticed the shoutbox's name changed.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2012 »
Eeee... Yeah. There's a reason you need to be absolutely sure someone is who they say they are before giving them total power on your website or forum.

But hey, Bullet seemed nice enough, it's not like people would know what he was really up to... Right? (Unfortunately i've run into a few people like this before on a blog or two. They appear to be sweet people and then they turn around and you find a nice lump on your head where their brand spankin' new banhammer strikes.)

But now that disaster's done and sweeped, hopefully things will go back to normal. If he doesn't find a way to hack or get around the permaban that is.

Offline Super Mario Party

• Partying with Mario & Co. 24/7
  • Mario Party!
  • us 
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2012 »
Wow. Talk about an April Fools Joke gone wrong. Reminds me of something similar that happened on another forum I go on.

Well, it looks like everything got sorted out, which is good. Still, it doesn't seem like people can trust anyone these days...

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2012 »
Don't worry, the rest of the staff is full of nice people. :P
rip dinosaur

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2012 »
Maybe he just wanted to make it Super Sexy Party again.

He's just so misunderstood.

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012 »

I still wish I was around to see that lol. :P

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012 »

I still wish I was around to see that lol. :P
Oh god, it was hilarious.