Poll

Best Pokemon Generation?

Generation 1 (Blue, Red, Yellow)
Generation 2 (Gold, Silver, Crystal)
Generation 3 (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green)
Generation 4 (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver)
Generation 5 (Black, White, Upcoming Black 2, Upcoming White 2)

Author Topic: Best Pokemon Generation?  (Read 7256 times)

Bullet

Re: Best Pokemon Generation?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 06:02:55 PM »
It's considered a fourth generation Pokemon game not because of what system it was made for, but rather because of what other games it can connect with. It can only communicate with other Generation IV games, hence making it a Generation IV game. Connectivity that doesn't support battling and trade (Pal Park, Poketransfer, etc., don't count).

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 02:09:17 AM »
I actually call it Generation 2 Remake- not Generation 4  ;D
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:06 PM »
A hard choice between Gen 1 and 5. I like most of the pokemons in those generations and have Pokemons that I'll happily train until Lvl. 100. Gen 2 comes second (or third lol), The legendaries in that one were awesome, Entei, Raikou, Suicune <3, Lugia, Ho-Oh <3 and Celebi. It also seems to complete the first generation pokemons, so that makes it more special. Third (or 4th -_-) is the 4th generation for me. I liked lots of the new features and pokemons, I really had the motivation to play the games. Many Pokemons, more precisely the evolutions of old pokemon, are awesome. Electivire, Magmortar, Froslass, Togekiss, Mamoswine, Magnezone and I could continue. Last is 3rd generation, never really got into that generation, not even the episodes were appealing.

Offline Ryoux0

• Your Worst Nightmare
  • Guess who's back!!!
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 12:03:50 PM »
Generation 2 all the way. Great storyline and it was the only game where you went to more than one region. 3rd and 4th gen were ok but they were running out of ideas when they got to Black and White.. I mean COME ON there's a damn ice cream cone pokemon....

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 02:42:12 PM »
Vanilluxe is cool! D: Lol, great pokemon, but I do agree it's kinda weird. Where I think they must work is on the main legendaries, since Rayquaza it's been only dragons and they are just too overpowered. Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem and Rayquaza, that's way too much...

Offline Toadette

• The Best Mario Character ever in the History of Forever
  • 2k15 #YearofToadette 👍
  • us 
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 03:19:45 AM »
I like all of them!  ;D

Offline Lord Vaati

• Better than Ganon in every way.
  • ca 
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »
Gen 5 where non of the Pokemon look original and look like they came out of a bad Disney movie, and Gen 4 was cool becuase all in all I liked the Pokemon.

Unoriginal? Look at Gen I! They were all either uncreative rip-offs of earth animals or the only changes in their evolutions was getting bigger/extra heads.
 Those games would be hated if they weren't the first ones!

Gen III is my favorite, mainly because Hoenn's my favorite.
No more sig.... awwwww....

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 07:27:43 PM »
Gen 5 where non of the Pokemon look original and look like they came out of a bad Disney movie, and Gen 4 was cool becuase all in all I liked the Pokemon.

Unoriginal? Look at Gen I! They were all either uncreative rip-offs of earth animals or the only changes in their evolutions was getting bigger/extra heads.
I was just about to say the same thing.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Yoshi Party! (Formerly LP)

• No Avatar for Now
  • USE CANCEL CLOCK!
  • kr 
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2012, 05:42:57 AM »

Those games would be hated if they weren't the first ones!

Gen III is my favorite, mainly because Hoenn's my favorite.
This.
USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

Offline deragoku

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2012, 06:14:32 PM »
I also found a Pokemon as a whole more attractive. I'm going to include in HeartGold / SoulSilver, because they are still Johto and innovative re-use pokewalker.