Author Topic: Time Capsule - MPL 4th Anniversary  (Read 3704 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Time Capsule - MPL 4th Anniversary
« on: January 14, 2012 »
Time to save a piece of MPL into our annual Time Capsule. Follow this format and save this piece of history for all to see!  ;D

Name: (Original Username/Current Username)
Date: (Today's date, just for looks :P)
Post count as of this post:
Registration Date:

3rd Anniversary Time Capsule Topic

SuperZambezi
1/14/12
1,811 Posts
December 26, 2008
-----

It has been exactly one year since I changed my original avatar of three years! :o

Mario Party Legacy has been such a huge part of my life these last couple of years. I have put a lot into the site and I can't imagine how different things would be had Joey not offered to host my site. I sit back and wonder about everything that has happened. All the activity, all the events, all the problems, all the success, all the drama, all the innovations, and most importantly, all the members. The times spent on the Forum and on the site are really precious to me and I have to thank all of you for being here to help the site grow and to just be awesome members!

Looking back at the fourth year (and the other three for this matter), I realize that I have made a ton of mistakes, one the biggest being to be a good member and a good friend. My interaction with the members is somewhat low-key and that is something plan to change in our fifth year! Let's make this the best year yet!  ;D

Also, I think I used more ":P" in our fourth year than all our previous years combined.  :o

Also, this ----> :mute: :what:

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: Time Capsule - MPL 4th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012 »
31GHT B1T S3RVANT/H-J
1/14/2012
3,607 Posts
January 26, 2008 (old)/January 5, 2009 (new)

Oddly enough I hadn't made a capsule post last year. >.> I'd better make amends to that...

The past year was the year I kinda changed my identity a few times. Not sure why I did it, but who cares. :p It was fun pretending to be Ken Masters and Nanoha, but still, H-J seemed to gravitate in my mind.

Until I joined Tumblr that is. I'm probably going to go as 31GHT B1T S3RVANT from now on. :p

I had a pretty rocky Jan 2011, with the boilover between me and Aegis making me wonder am I acting in the way an admin should act, or was I purely camping the spot for self-pride? Thankfully, through the course of the year I have realized that I am indeed performing duties for the members, in my own way of course. It seems strange at times how I've managed to be so supportive of the forum for the last four years - I think it's because it's been part of my growth during those years gone by. But enough with the flowery language, I dare say. :mute:

Certainly it's gotten quieter, but I'm used to that. By far our next major challenge is the emergence of MP9 in like what? Less than 2 months? :p My role has tended to be behind the scenes plus the occasional post or few; perhaps I should be more prominent on the latter front? It doesn't help that regional differences may mean I won't get MP9 at the same time as the US, but well. Surely I can hypothesise on topics :p I guess the other area we can work on is making the place fun. In the absence of MPI and MPFS, I think we need a reboot of the Activities board. Sometimes MP spinoffs don't quite cut it; Mafia, text adventures and the like would certainly brighten up our days wouldn't they?

I think I overused lowercase :p and the XD too much this year. Lest I don't start littering my own posts with :3 X3~ :what:

Here's to another 4 years and more of MPL. C: To the members: you rock. Keep at it guys, you're what makes this place so much more enjoyable to be at. ;b

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Lord Vaati

• Better than Ganon in every way.
  • ca 
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012 »
Lord Vaati/Waluiging
1/14/2012
293 posts
Registered 4/26/2011
-----------------------------
Well, this has been my first year on the forum, and I like this forum so far!
I really enjoyed participating in Arctic Activities, and I hope for more activities like that, and great 4th year!

Well, I don't have much to say, exept for Can't Wait for MP9!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012 by Lord Vaati »
No more sig.... awwwww....

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012 »
Yoshi8984
1/14/12
663 posts(almost at dat 666 ;P)
Registration Date: Sept. 9, 2009(though my official registration date is July 14, 2010 :P)
-----
Well, it's MPL's 4th anniversary :D

I remember back then, I felt like a bit of a noob. I was very shy(I'm still a bit shy, but nowhere near as much as before). I thought double posting meant you couldn't use the reply button twice in the same topic(I thought you'd have to quote XD) and I kinda used internet slang. I've always had this username since I've been using it since I was very young. I don't know why, but 8984 always stood out to me.

So I joined on Sept. 9, 2009. But I couldn't login for some reason :p So I went on the MPDS forum. But then it shut down, so I came back here. I couldn't remember my password, so I used that feature, and thus, I am here today(no idea why I didn't do that when I tried to login back then XD). So everyday, after school(or whenever I felt like it :p) I'd go on MPL. I'd post in the Mario Party topics and any other topic that I had interest in. Though I felt very shy and didn't use the shoutbox until a few months after. I was afraid of getting warned by the staff for some reason... I honestly thought some of the staff hated me. Then after, I realized I was fortunate to meet you guys, learn more about you and I was wrong to be so...judgemental.

After a few months, I was interested in some activities. I'd lurk around those topics. The ones that stood out to me the most were MPI and MPFS, hosted by Sunflora and Dark Boo respectively. When I signed up for one, I was a bit shaky and nervous. I asked a TON of questions XD On MPFS, I won the first time I played and for MPI I placed 3rd :p I was always looking forward to the next edition of those activities. Those weren't the only activities I liked doing with the members though. I'd always want to brawl and/or playing MKWii with you guys :P Sunflora was the first person I ever played who's better than me in brawl and MKWii as well. (then again, I usually got harmed by several Thunderclouds or I'd get item raped in MKWii XD) I also looked forward to Cook's streams; his streams always made me happy and were funny. I loved playing MKWii with him and the other MPL members as well. Another thing I liked was being in the MPI/MPFS Hideout. It was my pleasure to help with MPI and MPFS :D

Enough with the activities, back to the MPL members. :P There's so many members I want to thank for making this a better place and making me happy. I'm not really gonna go into detail who. :p Around May or June, I got AIM and I started talking with the MPL members outside the forum. I'd usually spend my day talking with them, haha. We'd discuss about random topics; from life, to gaming, to MPI and MPFS, etc. Most of those members I've thanked them in my 1-year anniversary topic :) Speaking of my 1-year anniversary... Shortly after that, that was when the forum activity started dropping in 2011... :/ I didn't have many people to talk with, not many topics that interest me, etc. Most of them moved the MPF 2.0. Admittedly, I began coming on here a bit less...

Like you SZ, I feel I should interact with even more members(including you) of the forum for 2012. Hopefully the activity on this place will be back and my activity will increase as well. January is when I'm most active since my birthday is in that month ;P I hope you all enjoyed your time on MPL so far, hopefully our time will be even better :D

Random, but I'm pretty excited for MP9. Hope it's as great as MP3 and MP6 :D XD Perhaps the release of MP9 will improve the forum activity as well? ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012 by Yoshi8984 »

Offline Dark Boo

• Can I object!?
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012 »
Boo21/Dark Boo
January 14th,2012
1869 posts
October 3rd, 2009 @ 09:30:03 PM EST

So like yes, this is my 1st time doing this and I really don't know what to type. This is actually my 1st time seeing this Capsule. Here I don't know what to store but I do hope that I still continue MPFS and when I do open this I reminisce the time I had on MPL. I had so much fun here; from it's up and from it downs (Especially Snowy) But yes I'mma say this just to keep it short and simple because when I read this, I do not want to be reading a long essay
 :D :D :D
I almost been here for 3 years :D Awesome
NETHERLESS
I joined here b/c I loved Mario Party and this was a MP forum
I posted some of my ideas and spoke in french that got some members scared as fudge
LEFT B/C OF ME DOING OTHER ACTIVITIES
Came back and hosted my first activity MPFS
Game was success and had fun joining MPI and chatting with Sunflora/Lakilester/Wolf
Forum crashed and moved
Forget the negative, positive is the best
I had the most fun here than any other forum to be honest I hated the other forum I was on
This is sad :'(

Offline Strychnine

• I'm dead.
  • alkaloid compound
  • aq 
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012 »
Kingboo (Bowsirbleck)/Spectre
1/16/12
June 2008

Guess I'll write whatever is on my mind, but not much. Being a veteran, so many great times here despite the stupid things I've done over time. Such as leaving you guys for weeks or months without telling anyone. Last year was the best year I ever had even though plenty of people would say no. I had my handful of good and bad times here. I'm not in the mood for saying a lot of them, or most of them, so I'll talk through the ones that pop out first. 2008 was crazy and fun. We went through our excessive posting stage. I went through the spam streak like some others. I think getting linked here was one of the best things that has happened to me. Got to thank Count Caterpie after all. Don't know where I'd be if it wasn't for him. Continuing, 2009 was a joy year as well, I still had no negative outlook yet so my mind was open to many things. Yes, this place was a small dried up town unlike the big busting neighbors. I enjoyed the quiet, I enjoyed my spam. Over 300 posts deleted during that cleanup day. Haha. 2010 was the lovely revolution. All the shoutbox convos were a thing to remember. Talking to Sushi, Kinetic, Chubs, all the new guys. The death of the first MPF, Manly Party Forum, Super Mario Forum. A lot of starts and ends. The moderation life was whatever. I was seriously surprised I was chosen but the system was messed up. I don't know exactly why, but my behavior and activity just dramatically dropped.

2011, I left two times which was a dumb move. So many things happened, I could go on for hours about it and how much of a chaotic ride it was. My withdrawal from video games was fiery and furious. The night it happened, so many people who were around can remember it as it were yesterday. I was extremely enraged. However, I would say some good came out of it. Explored outside stuff. Basically, 2011, the drama filled year. I will never forget the websites and the group of screwed up people I spent hours and hours with. Anyways, MPL wise, it was the drop year. You miss a lot in just 3 months. One last thing, AIM was probably the most in-depth thing I got into as well. It took me out of "silence" I was in or whatever is a better way to word it.

As of now I think 2012 will be a great year. I'm looking forward to a bunch of stuff and see what happens when MP9 gets released. And I'll just leave a couple of notes here for next year to remember this day.  It was a funny day and stuff. Enjoying the small Martin Luther King break at my cousin's residence. Enjoying the good high quality wifi. Pulled a joke that was at least funny to me on H-J. Hi. Wait, none of my jokes are funny to anybody except me.

Well, happy anniversary guys. This has been a wonderful 4 years. And 4 years already? Times goes by quick.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012 by Spectre »

Well I don't imagine so I will see for myself - HJ

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012 »
Sunflora/Sushi Boy
1/14/2012
6085 Posts
March 28th 2010/January 14th 2012

Where do I begin? Well, this forum... has sure brang me some crazy times. I've never been on a forum with such a connected community, everyone here is so close. You guys... Have really changed my life, and for the better. Back then, I use to be a very egotistical person, I always thought  everything should come to me/praise me cuz I was the best, and you could even see that was my attitude when I first joined and after. But over time, I changed slowly and slowly for a greater light. The more I came here, the more I had a desire to change myself, accomplish more, and just be a better person. And I do indeed think I have became better.  This forum has gave me so many great moments, so much happiness, The bad times DO pass me by. I'd love to mention a few members: Kinetic, Chubz, SZ, VIP, HJ, Cook, Ryou, Boo, Vaati, MP64; the people who are still here and doing their best to make this forum a better place. Also like to thank the past leaders who were able to lend their hand and help with the forum; Aegis, Tova, HuntMac, Ama, MattC, anyone I missed, etc.

This forum is also where I started Mario Party Interactive, which would lead to a series of new and cool differences to this game that I would never of thought I would of done. Thanks for all who have played, and I would love to just thank Berry, Daisy, VIP, Yoshi, Spirit, PartyPopStar, HJ, and especially you Boo. Without you guys, I don't think MPI would be what it is today. Thank you for your support. I hope you can grace me with your presence for years to come, and hopefully, we'll always be friends.

Happy anniversary MPL! Hope you can run for more years to come. :)

For the message of the future people on the site, please, continue helping it to grow and become better. There might be a time when some of the leaders like myself aren't here, even if some are gone, I hope you're continuing to help this place and never give up on here.

On another side-note, this is a message to the future me (Oh God, when I look at this when I'm older LOL) Hello me, Just hoping everything is fine with you, and hopefully, you are doing things and going places! I also hope you are still practicing on your drawing, STILL doing MPI, and trying your best to become a better you, you better you. I hope you're happy, joyful, and as bright as ever! You're not worthless, you are an important person! Bye for now...

~Sunflora

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012 »
Chubbo1793/Chubzster
1/14/2012
2,347 Posts
October 2009

It was an unpredictable year. I was graduating from high school and moving into an apartment. The family issues that we had and receiving internet and cable for a Christmas present. It was a posting-party at the beginning of 2011 with so much activity and members coming. MPI and MPFS were a blast; A great way to hang out and play online Mario Party. Also, the revamping of the site and forum helped make it more user-friendly and make it feel like home for the MPL members. I enjoyed socializing with the members, so many I couldn't remember to write all of 'em down, but some mentions: Sunflora, HJ, VIP, SuperZambezi, Cookieboy17, Kinetic, Yoshi8984, Kingboo, 12socc3er45, and Ryou.

During June, my family and I were moving to downsize and save some of our money. We moved into a place with no wifi around and I had my six months haitus from MPL. It sucked. I couldn't socialize with any MPL members, but I wondered how you guys were doing.

Coming back was great! I noticed that there was news on Mario Party 9. It couldn't have been a better time to come back. I was surprised to see that MPF is back and some members have left, but we still have a great community here. =) The emergence of the shop was another great surprise. I hadn't ever thought of that coming to MPL, but SZ's been putting a lot of hard work in this site and forum. It's the only Mario Party forum I'll go to. =)

But yeah, it's been one heck of a year. I can't wait to see what the next years will be like. God bless MPL. Live long and prosper!

~Chubzster~
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012 by Chubzster »

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012 »
Vipsoccermaster
Sunday, January 15, 2012
10,010 Posts
Date Registered: Friday, January 25, 2008 (Old)/Wednesday, December 31, 2008 (New)

There isn't much to say as I pretty much covered up the past years last year. So this will be solely on 2011, I suppose.

2011 was off to a great start with very high activity. Being with my online friends and having discussion was always fun. After the first half of 2011, activity started dropping very quickly thanks to the revival of Straight Legit (now dead and gone) and Mario Party Forum 2 (still going). Despite the low activity, for some members, it's a bit better now not having as much drama as we used to. It may feel quiet, but we should still try to get activity rolling. Even I managed to accumulate a whopping 10,000 posts on the day of the fourth anniversary. Now, sadly Yoshi is behind me, but here's to Luigi! I need to accumulate 5,000 more for Mario and 10,000 more for the last rank.

I have all my MPL friends here, and for some of them, we have agreements and disagreements. But other than that, I've been improving friendship with other members, and that's what counts. SZ, H-J, Yoshi8984, Sunflora, Cookieboy17, Chubzster, Lord Vaati, Dark Boo, Topper1, and many others. You've been a great help to the forum and site overall.

Now, with the focus on 2012, we can bring excitement when Mario Party 9 finally arrives, post discussion about the mini-games and the vehicle mechanics. But not just Mario Party 9, there's other surprises that I'm sure the Staff has in store for all of us for the year of 2012.

Let's have ourselves enjoy the second Leap Year for Mario Party Legacy!

~Vipsoccermaster~
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Waluigi48 [rip in pizzas]

• He will not be missed
  • 2009-2015
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012 »
Bruss48
Thursday, January 19, 2012
1,316 Posts
Date Registered: August 21, 2009

Wow. I can't believe I haven't left this forum. I mean I'm not active at all and only posts once a month. But still. Wow.

I'm pretty late to enter this since I had no idea WHEN the anniversary was since I forgot, but when I checked the topics, I was stunned.

Since I haven't said ANYTHING on my past years, let us begin.

2009 was a pretty bad year for me because I was a pretty big d-bag for everyone there. That was my fault completely. And I fear that year greatly. Anyway, I was posting frequently there and I think I ranked up about 100-150 posts. Not much to say about that year.

In 2010, I made more posts and topics and ranked up to 300-350 posts. I made a few friends along the way and I really got to know a lot of the members here. This was another meh year for me where nothing great happened.

In 2011, things really changed for me. I soon got extremely active during the middle of the year because of the summer. I played games with the other members and really had a good time. Then, I slowly got less and less active here. I got less interested in Nintendo games and got more into shooters and other stuff. Now, I only come here once in a month or so. During the end of the year, after my unexplainable hiatus, I noticed less and less members were active too. It soon struck me that the forum was entering an inactive stage, a figurative "Great Depression" if you will. It real was  a changing year.

Now that we've all been asking for a ninth Mario Party, it finally came, which I thought was amazing. Anyway, it has been an amazing for me, MPL, and everyone here. Let's all hope this site doesn't get taken down by SOPA or some dumbs*** like that and make it to a fifth year here!