Author Topic: Favorite MPL Event  (Read 1713 times)

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Favorite MPL Event
« on: January 14, 2012 »
The major events we've had over the four years include the following:
>Glacier Summer (Summer 2009)
>Blazing Winter (Winter 2009-10)
>Conquering Kingdoms (Summer 2010)
>Arctic Activities (December 2011)

Which one of these did you find the most enjoyable/your favorite?

For me personally, GS was the only one I actually participated without organising the activity in some form or other, and that one was the one I got out of the most :p As for the activities I helped organise, Blazing Winter's Voiceover acitivity was fun for me (but not for others :p) and I liked making the Secret page for AA. CK was a nightmare since I had to make overpowered items on the fly. D:

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Favorite MPL Event
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012 »
Just Glacier Summer. I had fantastic team members, and we, Team Arctic Ruby, did everything we could do to win first place.

The other events were okay, but died off a couple weeks after. Arctic Activities was a fun challenge, though.

Offline Strychnine

• I'm dead.
  • alkaloid compound
  • aq 
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012 »
Glacier Summer - The horrible unfit captain, but it gave a lot of good memories.
Blazing Winter - Floret Boos.... winning is better. But failure.
Conquering Kingdom - The game I died in, that's fun. It felt the most competitive when it was active. So, all the controversy was nice.
Arctic Activities - I tried getting into it but failed. Secret Page and Shoutbox and that's it.

Either GS or CK is my favorite.

Well I don't imagine so I will see for myself - HJ

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012 »
Conquering Kingdoms by far. It was a great concept, and brought people together; it just needed to be more developed and updated more frequently.

I really do think SZ should consider doing it again.

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012 »
Even though I wasn't here at the time, I think CK was the best, I went through the safe and read it lol. It seems interesting and the most interactive imo :p

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012 »
Like I said in the podcast, Arctic Activities was my favorite. Everything worked out and I feel that everyone who participated enjoyed what we had to offer.

I liked the concept of Conquering Kingdoms too, but man, it is a lot of work. :P Even when I got help from the staff (and they eventually continued it after I stopped :P) there was a ton to prepare for. But if you guys like it that much...   ;D

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012 »
I'd say Conquering Kingdoms was the best. It was a lot of fun playing the D&D-like board game, but it died quickly due to the lack of updates, as Kinetic said.