Author Topic: Super Mario 3D Land  (Read 44048 times)

Offline Pseudo_dino

• Pseudo "Not a Moderator" Dino
  • The King of Kirby, Master of Mario for 10 years
Re: Super Mario 3DS Announced
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011 »
Oh, the days of flying were wonderful. Too bad that might not be it. Of course, it might be, too.
Is this the Krusty Krab? NO, THIS IS PATRICK!!

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011 »
A better quality image of the logo in case anyone cares.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011 by MLYW »

Offline MLYW

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011 »
Awesome. Any platforming Mario game is awesome.

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011 »
I'm looking forward to some fresh platforming though, like all the Mario Bros and Galaxy is cool and all, but I'd like to go back to the days of SM64 and Sunshine where you had some base worlds to work with. I hope this game is like that and doesn't have like 50 levels. The screenshots puzzle as to whether my wish will come true or not.

As good as Galaxy was, I just did not like the fact that they gave you a path to follow for every level, there was not much of a thought process on where to go, how to do something. Like in Sunshine you just saw the name and had to make something happen. No one told you what Yoshi's Great Adventure really meant but you had to do it anyways. In Galaxy you just followed the paths on each planet to advance for the most part.

Maybe it's just me that I like really big levels. Like I liked GTA:San Andreas's huge map of 3 areas, I liked Sunshine's levels and SM64, I'd love to see some things like that where you have one big map to explore with many hidden goodies to explore and there's no baby-ing through it all. Like in Galaxy I found it pretty much impossible to get stuck on a level, that game was smooth sailing. But in games like SM64 you can get stuck if you have no clue what the 5 secrets of Wet Dry World are or how exactly to blast to the lonely shroom.

One thing I don't like seeing is why does Mario look miniature in the shot without his hat (where is his hat btw?...) but looks bigger in the one with Mario just standing. I prefer the life bar over a growing system thank you very much.
rip dinosaur

Offline Pseudo_dino

• Pseudo "Not a Moderator" Dino
  • The King of Kirby, Master of Mario for 10 years
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011 »
^
He looks like a hatless Small Mario from the 2-D series.
Is this the Krusty Krab? NO, THIS IS PATRICK!!

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011 »
^
He looks like a hatless Small Mario from the 2-D series.
Yeah that's what I was saying. I hope there isn't a whole shrink to grow mushroom system.

Speaking of that hopefully there aren't some queer power-ups like turning into a Penguin. Like I loved it but it was so random and made no sense.
rip dinosaur

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011 »
Re Aegis's raised spirits: SM64 again! W00t! ;p (gameplay mechanics wise)

Re the tail - it was used for SMB3, don't tell me they want to make a SM(whatever that isn't Galaxy)3... :p (Actually, tis logical since it's a 3DS game)

Re Cook: agreed. I want to see the classic hats return tbh. :p

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline N.P.C.C.

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011 »
It doesn't look like Galaxy, which is a big "Thank F***ing God" from me. :P

Took the words right out of my mouth....or text from my keyboard? Whatever. I suppose I'll get it but I'm enjoying my DSI XL so much they'll have to release a bigger version of a 3DS first. I refuse to go back to a small screen. That is, from what I've seen that screen was pretty small.

Offline MLYW

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011 »
I want to see 2D power-ups in 3D. The Fire Flower in Galaxy was cool but the fact that you could only use it under a time limit sucked.

Offline 12socc3r45

• has had a great experience, but now must progress to a higher level
  • So awesome.
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011 »
Loos good. I might get this. Nothing else I can say about this, tbh.
I know how to drive. Step on the gas pedal, turn with the wheel, and hit as many pedestrians as you can!
   Sig Status: Pending

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011 »
This topic got really hot already, huh?

Anyway, this upcoming game really looks promising, and the tail at the end of the title is really suspicious.

Offline HuntMac

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011 »
Those screens look easily "Galaxy Quality"

I'm saying that the structures and gameplay movements are not like those in Galaxy. :P
AND I"M SAYING THEY ARE >=[
>=[

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011 »
If Sunshine didn't have FLUDD/the whole "graffiti" concept, overreactive controls, and tedious side-missions like Blue Coins, then I would have considered it a good game.

I basically want my SM64 back. Like Cook said, I also like levels were you have to do a little exploration instead of just following the coins/Star Bits all the way to the Blast Star. I mean, don't get me wrong, Galaxy 2 was one of the best games i've ever played (particular because every level seemed to have some sort of different mechanic to it), but I like it better where you have to do some thinking for yourselves. Miyamoto should go take a look at Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo-Tooie for inspiration. Both of those games had you hunting down Jiggies where you'd probably never look.

Offline Shaby

• I need to do something about my life! :P
  • Anime Time!
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011 »
Yeah!
I hope it's more Mario 64 like.
It needs to have like 24 worlds and some good co-op!

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011 »
Yeah!
I hope it's more Mario 64 like.
It needs to have like 24 worlds and some good co-op!
24? Too much.
Co-op? Not a concern.

But really, Sunshine lasted on like 10 main levels including Delfino Plaza I think and SM64 had 15 with some other mini-worlds. I think like 10 big worlds would be ideal.
rip dinosaur