Author Topic: Most annoying Rival.  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Colyton

• ca 
Most annoying Rival.
« on: March 01, 2011 »
In the main pokemon games there are rivals that you have to fight during the game: Gary, Silver (I think that was his name), May or that guy, Barry, Cheren and Belle from the 5th generation.

I haven't played Black and White yet so I can't say anything from those two rivals. For me the most annoying would be Gary, he's so pretentious and thinks he's better than us. He doesn't treat us with respect. But it makes the game good.
Then it goes like this:
2. Barry
3. Silver
4. May or the other one.

Offline 12socc3r45

• has had a great experience, but now must progress to a higher level
  • So awesome.
Re: Most annoying Rival.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011 »
The Hoenn male rival is Brendan.

I think that Silver was the most annoying one, followed by Cheren and Belle, then Pearl (It's Pearl!) but tied with Gary, and then the Hoenn rivals.
I know how to drive. Step on the gas pedal, turn with the wheel, and hit as many pedestrians as you can!
   Sig Status: Pending

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011 »
I agree with 12socc3r45 on Silver being the most annoying. He just doesn't treat his Pokemon nicely until you beat the Elite 4 or sometime after that.

Barry/Pearl wasn't annoying, but he was impatient, but the only thing that's annoying is that most of the time, he finishes with, "I'm gonna FINE you for that!"

Gary was sort of annoying, but not as annoying as Barry/Pearl. He was pretty good, in fact. He just likes to brag a bit just to show how much better he thinks than you are.

May/Brendan, can't say.

Cheren/Belle, next week or so, I think about them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011 by Vipsoccermaster »

Offline Pseudo_dino

• Pseudo "Not a Moderator" Dino
  • The King of Kirby, Master of Mario for 10 years
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011 »
I... don't like... Barry. He sucks. He's all impatient and has many obnoxious lines (especially that fining thing)
Is this the Krusty Krab? NO, THIS IS PATRICK!!

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011 »
I'd say Gary and Silver are tied for being most annoying. Gary always brags and he somehow became the champion again(in firered and leafgreen) even after you beat him. Wouldn't Gary have to beat you again to be the champion? Silver was being a jerk to his pokemon and he only wants "strong pokemon". He doesn't care about the weak pokemon. I actually found Barry funny and I didn't find May/Brennan annoying.

Offline MLYW

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011 »
Blue was annoying. He just popped out of nowhere wanting to battle. :P

Offline Kanada

• Lets find our next mark.
  • Greendale
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011 »
Barry because he's from Gen.4

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011 »
Barry was too hyped.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline Pseudo_dino

• Pseudo "Not a Moderator" Dino
  • The King of Kirby, Master of Mario for 10 years
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011 »
Isn't that how they all are? :P
Is this the Krusty Krab? NO, THIS IS PATRICK!!

Offline EviSean

• england 
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2011 »
Bianca, she has no f***ing clue at all.

Offline RurouniTim

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011 »
Cheren, he wants to battle way too much.

I actually liked Silver though, especially because he eventually became less and less of a douche.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2011 »

He got me everytime; totally forgot to heal my pokemon before he just pops out of the blue. I hate when he arrives when you're in Silph Co.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011 »
There all annoying IMO. They always appear at the worst times and are like "BATTLE? :coolface:"

Offline RurouniTim

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2011 »

He got me everytime; totally forgot to heal my pokemon before he just pops out of the blue. I hate when he arrives when you're in Silph Co.
Out of the "Blue" ? :P

He got me too. I was about to cross the bridge in Ceruleon city when he popped up after I didn't heal from the cave. It annoyed me a bit.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011 »
There all annoying IMO. They always appear at the worst times and are like "BATTLE? :coolface:"
I'm pretty sure they aren't there to troll you. I always assumed they were int eh game to kind of give you a check on where you pokemon should be level wise. If you were above them, that's good, but if you were under, you're in trouble.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.