Author Topic: Strategy?  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Waluigi48 [rip in pizzas]

• He will not be missed
  • 2009-2015
Strategy?
« on: March 01, 2011 »
What's your strategy on getting through the Gym Leaders and obstacles? What happens if your Pokemon are on low HP? Do you flee on Wild Pokemon Battles? I usually see which type of leader it is, and try to catch a Pokemon that has an element to damage more (e.g. find Water Pokemon against Fire-type Leader). If my Pokemon is low on health, I stock up on Potions. I only flee when I'm in caves because trying to make your way out of one without encountering a Pokemon is almost impossible.

Offline 12socc3r45

• has had a great experience, but now must progress to a higher level
  • So awesome.
Re: Strategy?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011 »
Honestly, I just go all out, but if I'm in a strategic battle, I just use F.E.A.R.
I know how to drive. Step on the gas pedal, turn with the wheel, and hit as many pedestrians as you can!
   Sig Status: Pending

Offline RurouniTim

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011 »
I usually have health items on me. I rarely even let my pokemon faint. I'll use pokemon that are weak to the element type if they know moves that can really damage them. (e.g. I use treeko against a charmander if my treeko knows dig.)

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011 »
I normally use my Pokemon that can do the most damage. Like, currently on HG, My Staryu is very strong, so I use him on Pokemon that are weak against Water. And when I train, I normally just bring out the Pokemon I want to make stronger, like going surfing while having a Gloom, definitely will boost his EXP. :P

For Gym Leaders, it's just about going all out and having LOTS of Potions/Full Heals.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011 by Jessie »

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011 »
These trainers are idiots.

They can just use Omnislash on the leaders and steal their badges from their cold dead hands.

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011 »
I'll have a bunch of potions with me and antidotes and things like that. On battle I'll try to paralyse, poison, freeze or make the foe asleep. Then I'll confuse him, if I have any attack. Most of the time I'll attack directly. :P

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011 »
These trainers are idiots.

They can just use Omnislash on the leaders and steal their badges from their cold dead hands.

If only there was a Cloud Pokemon. :p

Usually all out, but in caves I tend to prioritised forced encounters (you can avoid some of the fixed encounters, right? :p)

Meanwhile, I need some strategy/hints/suggestions for trying to catch the Snorlax blocking the fishing route that connects Lavender Town with the grassy area east of Vermilion City. (I think) I tried using a Great Ball when the Snorlax was in the RED HP area and it failed. :p (Better than the normal PKBall which missed :p) I'm on Yellow Ver.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011 »
I usually have healing items like yoshi15 said. But if a Gym Leader proves to be too tough, I train a bit more to make my Pokemon stronger before they can battle again to have a better chance of winning the badge or money.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011 »
Against Lt Surge, I decided that my only strategy (lame as it was) was to send out my Lv 18? Geodude, and heal it if it got Mega Kicked or similar. It worked. :p

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Billy12510

• Guess what? I'm still Quizmaster!
  • The only Forumer who doesn't know what he's doing
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011 »
I just attack with whats good againgst the opponent and heal with necessary. But now with Gen V TMs I can afford to teach moves that boost my stats, since I don't have to worry about losing it later.

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011 »
Attack.
Wait.
Rage.
Attack.
hey

Offline Kanada

• Lets find our next mark.
  • Greendale
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011 »
Barrel Rolls.
I usually just try to take them done in one shot.

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011 »
I just battle with my strongest pokemon. I don't have that many health items, mainly because I'm not in need of them, but I'll carry 4-5 hyper potions.

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011 »
I have a bunch of healing items and I try to send out a type that's super effective against it. However, if it can counter my type, I use another pokemon that has super effective moves. I don't use moves that affect stats, unless it does damage as well. I heal if my Pokemon's HP is low.