Author Topic: Mario's Puzzle Party (MP3)  (Read 3963 times)

Offline Billy12510

• Guess what? I'm still Quizmaster!
  • The only Forumer who doesn't know what he's doing
Mario's Puzzle Party (MP3)
« on: September 05, 2010 »

This was a puzzle mini-game that pitted everyone against each other. You need to match two of the same color blocks to make them dissappear and score points. If the player's playing area filled up they were out. If a Thwomp appears, you can flatten the bricks and make scoring points easier. Bricks fall into the field and clog up the field and won't go away until you make a pair of blocks dissappear. This game came back in MPDS and was featured in the brand new "Puzzle Mode" along with Puzzle games from MP4-7. This game was alright. I had a lot of fun playing it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010 by Pumpkin »

Offline Paper Peach

• Mario Party Princess!
Re: Mario's Puzzle Party (MP3)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010 »
Yeah the Minigame was OK but I always end up mismatching the blocks since they go a bit too fast I perfer the MPDS version where they go slower(Not sure if they go slow on MP3 because I did not play it for like 7 years)

Offline cookieboy17

• da
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010 »
I never really used any strategy in this game, just placed stuff randomly.
rip dinosaur

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010 »
One of my favorite mini-games in Mario Party 3. Like cookieboy17, I place blocks randomly. Rarely do I use strategy, however.

I wonder who lost with 41 points...

Offline Billy12510

• Guess what? I'm still Quizmaster!
  • The only Forumer who doesn't know what he's doing
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010 »
I usually do what cookie does and place blocks a random and hope for a Thwomp.
I think Wario lost with 41, just my guess.

Offline MLYW

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010 »
I do what cook does. It's boring unless I get a large amount of points when I drop a Thwomp. :P

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010 »
God, do all of you place the blocks randomly? =P Ive tried that and it never works, my strategy is to keep making small chains, but ehh. Hard CPUs are hard.

Offline MLYW

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010 »
God, do all of you place the blocks randomly? =P Ive tried that and it never works, my strategy is to keep making small chains, but ehh. Hard CPUs are hard.

The game has very little strategy, best strategy is getting similar colored blocks on one side and use a thwomp to get massive points. :P

Offline Daisy Til Alexandros XVII

• Cloud, Lightning, and Zack
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010 »
I believe I remember myself as a really big fail at this mini-game. I always put the blocks on the wrong color and I would lose quite quickly
A sad thing in life is that sometimes you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010 »
Ah, a classic puzzle game.

From memory, my MP3 Puzzle Party ability was lacklustre, but I'm one who halfway sits between block matching and random placement. The latter helps a *little* with chains, but you need the matching as a foundation.
Thwomps are fun, but not when you have two full columns to squash and the Thwomp misses them completely.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Shaby

• I need to do something about my life! :P
  • Anime Time!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010 »
I start playing with strategy then go all random!! XD

Offline Mizore_Ice

• HELLO AEGIS-KUN
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010 »
Mini-game is awesome. I just scatter pieces around if my little box area is totally blank then I keep it steady once my box is about half full.