Poll

Should smokers, drug addicts and alcoholics pay for health care, even if health care is free?

Yes. They should be responsible for their own health decisions and yet they chose to smoke/drink/do drugs
5 (38.5%)
No. They still deserve free health care no matter how bad their decisions are.
7 (53.8%)
Maybe base it around how much you spend smoking/drinking/doing drugs
1 (7.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Smoking/drug/alcohol addictions  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Croconaw

• So I am far less active now.
  • Not too interested in forums now.
  • ca 
Smoking/drug/alcohol addictions
« on: May 04, 2016 »
This could apply to lots of things as well (including fat people.) But it appears to me that smokers, drug addicts and alcoholics are more noticeable.

Offline Rosie16

• Let's do this!
  • br 
Re: Smoking/drug/alcohol addictions
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016 »
2 friends of mine are only 14 or 15 and yet they are already smoking. They smoke like, AT LEAST once a day. And they post on Instagram as if it was something nice or to be proud of. I feel bad for them. But they're my friends, who am I to criticize/judge or to interfere into their lifes? I'm only sad, nothing against them. I'm older, 16, yet I don't do that to my health. Maybe they're having emotional problems and need that to feel better?
"Special Delivery!"

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016 »
they're my friends, who am I to criticize/judge or to interfere into their lifes?
I mean to be honest, it's only natural for you to want your friends to live healthy lives, no?
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Rosie16

• Let's do this!
  • br 
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016 »
they're my friends, who am I to criticize/judge or to interfere into their lifes?
I mean to be honest, it's only natural for you to want your friends to live healthy lives, no?
Yes, and I want.
"Special Delivery!"

Offline Benforesj

• Benforesj
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016 »
If you're looking for more, I can not do any of that.

Offline stone_cold_julia

• Wajulia
  • I use Reddit a lot more than this.
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016 »
I would never smoke or do drugs, and I am too young to drink.
Find me on Reddit: JuliaTheInsaneKid
There's nothing interesting here anymore, which is why I haven't posted here in so long.

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016 »
Something i notice is that a lot of people don't realize that addiction is a thing that tends to be indicative of a far deeper psychological issue.

I have issues with alcohol and marijuana dependency, and recently just got off oxycodone because i took it for too long. When you're an addict, it's just... a part of you. You need something to fill that empty gap, and guess what's waiting just around the corner?

So yeah, they do need help. It's not a choice as people seem to think, but an indicator of a whole lot worse.

Offline NathanBros

• Awesome plumber
  • br 
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016 »
I think people should be treated equally on the health care issue, addiction goes beyond choice in lot's of cases.
"I used to be addicted to soap, but I'm clean now."
My blog: VST Plugins Free Download

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016 »
Something else i'd like to add on, but forgot to in my initial post. When you're a kid, it may seem like a choice. Hell, i thought drug and alcohol addicts were stupid and wasting their lives doing that kind of thing, because i didn't know any better. I vowed not to do that kind of thing because my grandma had alcohol issues and ended up dying over it. And then i grew older, and everything in my life combined with a bunch of untreated mental issues started building up, and i felt empty and dead.

And then my godmother introduced me to alcohol and weed, and then i started going for those because i needed something to fill that empty space in me, no matter how harmful it was.

Don't think you're safe just because you vowed not to do it. You never know what will happen, and it can happen to anyone, regardless of choices.