Author Topic: Laptop or Desktop?  (Read 2857 times)

Offline SuperZambezi

• is a great
  • #1 Dry Bones fan on this forum
  • us 
Laptop or Desktop?
« on: April 04, 2016 »
Which one do you use/own? Or do you have both?

I've always had a desktop computer since the specs will always be better and I don't have any reason to need it on the go.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Laptop or Desktop?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016 »
Which one do you use/own? Or do you have both?

I've always had a desktop computer since the specs will always be better and I don't have any reason to need it on the go.
This. I prefer doing things from a desktop over a laptop. Only use the laptop for school where it's really needed, or when there's schoolwork to be done.

Offline Kaede

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016 »
Haven't had a desktop in years. Just like to stick with laptops because they're more convenient. Plus it's amazing how much memory you can store and how the batteries are constantly evolving. I've had my HP now for about two years and works like a charm~

Offline Accj21

• Teamwork makes the meme work
  • Purple is my new favorite color
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016 »
I use my desktop for schoolwork, but my laptop for making videos, playing games, etc; just generally more fun things.

Offline Snowy

• cu 
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016 »
I have a MacBook Pro from 2012 and I have a gaming PC that I built.
↑↑↑You are nothing but a poor, destitute, desperate, hypocritical, coal-black-hearted Satanspawn who lives off of others' suffering and I am through all of this because I am better than that and you.

Offline GrandStarGalaxy

• Nothing to see here, move along
  • Nothing here either
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016 »
Laptop. It's just better for me personally, though I wish it was faster.

Offline Ether

• sucks
  • rip torn
  • ye 
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016 »
Primarily use a 15" MacBook Pro from 2012 nowadays

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016 »
I have an ASUS Laptop :ssb4pacman:

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016 »
I've been using my laptop for almost 4 years now and I have no plans of using a desktop any time soon. It's just more convenient for me.

Offline Zympherior

• Outsider that reached Fantasy
  • "You shouldn't underestimate humans these days."
  • mx 
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016 »
My family used to have a desktop PC 8-10 years ago. Rn I'm using laptop and I think it's more convenient that way.
Look, look with your special eyes...

Offline Strychnine

• I'm dead.
  • alkaloid compound
  • aq 
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016 »
I have a laptop and I use the communal terminals at my residence. I rarely use my laptop.

Well I don't imagine so I will see for myself - HJ

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016 »
I have two laptops, although one functions as a desktop since the screen broke so it outputs to a monitor.

Kind of depends on how intensive the work I'm doing. If I want to take notes while playing a game, then I'll use my laptop. If I'm going to be spending a whole 8+ hours working in one stretch, then I'll use the "desktop."

I'm typically more productive while at my designated working spot, as there aren't any distractions. But the work always gets done regardless. Just might get less sleep...
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016 »
I built my own desktop a few years ago with an ASUS Motherboard. It needs to be checked though because I think there's an issue with the hard drive.

I also have an older HP laptop which I'm surprised still turns on.
hey

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016 »
I have an ASUS Laptop :ssb4pacman:
Have that ^. I prefer laptops, I don't play PC games so I don't need to worry about games lagging. Laptops are light and get work done anywhere, which I can get behind.

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2016 »
I own a laptop and a desktop. I prefer the desktop, for a few reasons:

Desktops last longer than laptops. In Christmas 2014, I had gotten a new laptop and within 6 months of fairly average usage it broke. My family has a very old Desktop that my father got about ~15 years ago, its still in good condition, and can be used.

Desktops are more powerful than laptops. With the new desktop that I had gotten in Christmas 2015, so many new opportunities opened up for me(like Mario Party GCN netplay as an example), because it was so much more powerful and had a lot more RAM than my laptop.

The desktop has a bigger screen. Okay, this might be a bad reason, but I don't really care. Some applications were too big to fit entirely on my laptop's screen, and if I ended up not being able to resize it, I was screwed. With the desktop, I have a much bigger screen and the application window being to big hasn't been a problem for me on this yet.

And that's it. Laptops are portable, but portability doesn't really do much for me. I always used my laptop in my room, as I do with all of my handheld Nintendo systems. Anytime I tried to play a game outside of my room or use the laptop outside, I barely got any work done on my laptop, and I ended up always getting a headache while playing the portable games outside.
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)