Author Topic: Path of Conquest -Signups-  (Read 11290 times)

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Re: Path of Conquest -Signups-
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015 »
Still keen for a battle.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Mariokirby101

• Let's a-go!
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015 »
This looks fun! I just want to know how long we have to send in our posts battle strategies. Yeah, I'd be happy to go against Shattered Legacy. (Is this still open?)
Itsa me, Mario Kirby! Bring it on!
Super Mario Party signups: http://www.mariopartylegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=16103.0

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015 »
This looks fun! I just want to know how long we have to send in our posts battle strategies. Yeah, I'd be happy to go against Shattered Legacy. (Is this still open?)
Umm... well, of course it's still open. I can host multiple games if needed.

I only have 1 issue though - you aren't exactly the most... er, active person around here. In fact, you just appeared after a super-long absence, abandoning a previous activity you were in and thus causing a problem for the host there.

As much as I'd like to get the next game going, unless someone wants to stand-in as a replacement for if you leave again, I can't go ahead with this until you prove you'll be more active, sorry.

Offline Mariokirby101

• Let's a-go!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2015 »
Oh... well, sorry. I agree, I was inactive for quite a while. I'm going to try to keep the promises I make as far as deadlines go, if I find out I can't I'll try and say so beforehand - this goes not just for this, but all activities I do.
Super Mario Party signups: http://www.mariopartylegacy.com/forum/index.php?topic=16103.0

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2015 »
Oh... well, sorry. I agree, I was inactive for quite a while. I'm going to try to keep the promises I make as far as deadlines go, if I find out I can't I'll try and say so beforehand - this goes not just for this, but all activities I do.
If you want me to even consider tbh, you're going to have to find a replacement just in case. I don't wana leave the other player with no game (although technically he's in another game elsewhere but that's besides the point :P).

Offline Mariokirby101

• Let's a-go!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2015 »
Hey, it's OK. I'm really just looking for something to do while I wait for people to react to my game (yes, I will do it this time)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015 »
Get ready to get creamed TSL! >: )
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015 by Bowser498 »

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015 »
Invasion on Mages' Spire please.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015 »
Invasion on Castle Halls

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015 »
Welp I'm sad. Bowser chose you over me. Oh well, because with Invasion rules, I'll still be able to join, muahahah. :P

Remember though - as you'll be joining the battle alongside your allies as your own unit for this one. If you die, you'll be unable to complete the main objective, though you still can annihilate your opponent so watch out for that!
As for which board you'll play on...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now before I make the game topic I'll need both your armies. Please send them in via a PM or something as soon as possible so I can setup the match! You can change it anytime before setup begins too.

Remember, the Army Limit is 45. You also have a special unit as well - their(your) stats are set by default to HP : 8, Atk : 2, Mov : 4, however within setup you must also tell me an asset(beneficial) and flaw(weakened) stat you wish for said unit to have (if you want the default stats you can make both the asset and flaw the same. :P). To note the changes with these will be HP-2, Atk-1, and Mov-1.

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015 »
Sent my army and am ready to kill TSL's army! >: )

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 

Offline GrandStarGalaxy

• Nothing to see here, move along
  • Nothing here either
  • us 
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015 »
Never played a game like this before. (Other than chess and other board games.) Are the rules hard to learn?

Offline Yoshiman222

• Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2015 »
Never played a game like this before. (Other than chess and other board games.) Are the rules hard to learn?
Hmm... let me see how I can relate this to chess then to easily explain... though it's not too difficult.

Basically, there are 2 sides (Red and Blue), and the objective is to, for the most part, eliminate your entire foe's army. You can create your own army by using any combination of units/structures/items from the lists on the first post, making sure that the total Cost Value of them all do not exceed the maximum limit (which is currently 45).
Each unit can only carry 1 item each (excluding soldier due to ability) and structures can also be chosen to be upgraded for an additional cost if wanted.
During setup, every unit starts on your team's fortress and moves once in order to set their starting position, so long as they don't pass the setup barrier. All Structures can be placed anywhere within the barrier however.

Both those parts above are probably the most complicated parts of the whole game. I'll be guiding everyone though those parts too so it's nothing to get too worried over.

Once in the game, you only need to worry about the unit's stats and ability.
Stats are simple - they all do the following -
HP - remaining life before killed
Atk - damage the unit deals with their normal attack (Structures don't have this)
Mov - the number of spaces the unit can move each turn. (Structures don't have this as they can't move)

When it's your turn, you can move as many of your units as you want.
The only thing you need to keep track of is what kinds of spaces there are around the board (as some don't allow you to pass through them). Otherwise, when you use a unit, you move them (up to their total Mov - no diagonals), and then can perform one of the following actions - Attack an adjacent (non-diagonal) opponent, use their special move, or use a usable item. After that, their turn ends (and you can move any number of other units until you have no more left to move).

(Structures are simpler than units, as they cannot move and possibly may not have a special move as well).

All units and structures have either a special move or ability.
Abilities are detonated in Black on the tables - these are things you don't have to worry about - they activate when they're needed, but can be very useful.
Moves are detonated in Maroon on the tables - as listed above, you can choose to use these after moving. If they have a Rng listed on them, then you can use them on any square within the listed range away from your unit's end position (again, no diagonals). This will cause an effect to happen based on what the move it, whether it would be a ranged attack or a helpful boost. This you'll have to reach up the chart to make sure what each unit/item can do.

Otherwise, that's it. It's not too difficult if you understand the general gist of it - Make an army up to the listed value, Move within their Mov range, if they lose all their HP they are removed from the board, they all have 1 ability or move which you can look up, and simply try to eliminate your opponent or complete the game's objective (of whichever one you choose).

And finally, diagonals are not adjacent.

I'm hoping this isn't too complicated - didn't want it to be that way. :P

Offline GrandStarGalaxy

• Nothing to see here, move along
  • Nothing here either
  • us 
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2015 »
I guess I'll try this out if anyone wants to battle.