Author Topic: Favourite Movie?  (Read 6531 times)

Offline StalfosSlayer

• us 
Re: Favourite Movie?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015 »
I really like Christopher Nolan movies like The Prestige and The Dark Knight Trilogy. My favorite movie is between Inception and Interstellar (both by Nolan). Inside out is my favorite kid-ish (it's a word) movie, and Sherlock is my favorite TV show
Stay Awesome

Offline GrandStarGalaxy

• Nothing to see here, move along
  • Nothing here either
  • us 
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016 »
BUMP
My favorite movie has changed. Stargate is now my 3rd favorite.

Les Miserables (Pronounced Lay Mizrob, french for "the mercy") is my second favorite movie because the story is absolutely amazing, and the songs in it (it's a musical) are very good.

My favorite movie as of now is Apollo 13. The creators did a very good job of telling the story that was already pretty amazing.

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016 »
1st Star Wars The Force Awakens
2nd Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton version of course lol)
3rd Cabin in The Woods
4th Any Pirates of the Caribbean Movie
5th Shrek 2

(Incoming "your top 5 are all mediocre movies" replies) :ssb4pacman:

Offline ImpaDude

• ImpaDude
  • Hyrule Hero, and an Enemy Executer
  • us 
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016 »
Still Alice is one of my favorites. It was extremely well acted, and very moving and emotional. I also think Inside Out is one of Pixar's best movies, that literally portrays our human emotions, has a really deep meaning. As for horror, I would probably say Oculus. It was very good as it put you inside the movie yourself and made you feel like everything was real. So those are some of my favorite in my opinion, but I loved the SpongeBob Movie, cause who doesn't?

OH MY GOD STILL ALICE WAS AMAZING!
Well Julianne Moore was amazing, the rest of the film, meh. I got really F***ing stressed when she opened the  "BUTTERFLY" folder though :o

I haven't watched it in forever, but is that when she sees the video telling her to commit suicide? Cause i cried then.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016 »
Grave of the Fireflies probably.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Kaede

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016 »

The feels, GotF was one of my first Ghibli movies. I visited the USS Arizona Memorial and it's astounding how many Americans and Japanese come together to pay respects to a war that we can't forget and never reproduce.

Offline Colyton

• ca 
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2016 »
I never watched a Ghibli movie from start to end, and I feel like I'm missing on a lot of good stuff. I did watch like the first 30 minutes of Ponyo, but never finished it.

Also, I'm kind of a comic book movie fan, so it's no surprise that the Winter Soldier is one of my all time favorite movies. I also pretty much love most Pixar movies, the Toy Story series being my top one.

Offline Kaede

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2016 »
I never watched a Ghibli movie from start to end, and I feel like I'm missing on a lot of good stuff. I did watch like the first 30 minutes of Ponyo, but never finished it.

As an otaku, I find Ghibli to be extremely overrated since most of their films get praised for their animation style and not overall story. I really disliked Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle because I thought the characters and pacing were horrendous, but you'll see many people praising them because of the fluidity and beauty of the animation. Doesn't mean I'm a hater, just that most of the films in my opinion are overhyped.

If you want a good Ghibli film, I recommend Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Castle in the Sky. Usually the films that deal with nature and environmental issues (ironically) are some of Ghibli's finest works. Hell, Princess Mononoke was one of the first films I ever recall seeing in my childhood so it holds a real sentimental value with me.

I would also recommend the titles that deal with WWII such as Grave of the Fireflies and The Wind Rises. Both films are extremely well done and shows the Japanese perspective of their reasons for fighting and the aftermath of the atomic bombs. Really, really well done.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2016 »
Ghibli writing certainly doesn't live up to the high standards of Hyperdimension Neptunia
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline Kaede

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2016 »
Ghibli writing certainly doesn't live up to the high standards of Hyperdimension Neptunia

Why are you picking on me? I was just stating an opinion, lol. X3

Offline Justin

• Too lazy to find/make an avatar.
  • us 
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2016 »

Such a sad movie to have as a favorite lol.

Offline ttwashere

• Chicken Chaser
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2016 »

Why are you picking on me? I was just stating an opinion, lol. X3
Just joking around.

@Justin

eh. Depends on how we're defining favorite. If it's a movie that I'll watch a million times, then it's probably Napoleon Dynamite. Sure as hell isn't Grave of the Fireflies in that aspect since I can only bring myself to watch that once a year tops.

I'll put together a list in a bit of like 5-10 films.
Hit me up on twitter.

Offline stone_cold_julia

• Wajulia
  • I use Reddit a lot more than this.
  • us 
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2016 »
Wreck It Ralph was awesome. I also liked Austin Powers Goldmember because it was funny. I also like Lady and The Tramp because I love dogs and cats!
Find me on Reddit: JuliaTheInsaneKid
There's nothing interesting here anymore, which is why I haven't posted here in so long.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2016 »
Oh my God, if you ask me right now, I would definitely say: Captain America: Civil War

I saw it last night. It was an amazing movie!

Offline RafalRib

• The Hype God/King
  • June 2016: CRASH IS BACK!
  • pt 
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016 »
Oh my God, if you ask me right now, I would definitely say: Captain America: Civil War

I saw it last night. It was an amazing movie!
Same :ssb4pacman: