Author Topic: MK Mafia: Peach's Castle -GAME- (Cancelled for a few weeks until Accj's ends)  (Read 36577 times)

Offline Bowser498

• Bowser498: Super Mario Video Game Expert
  • Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
Re: MK Mafia: Peach's Castle -GAME- (Day 7)
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2015 »
EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT START LYNCHING UNTIL I GET RAF'S ROLE!
(I will edit this post when I do)

-IN THE PROCESS OF REDOING MY SIG- :ssb4yoshi: :ssb4bowser:

Offline Garrulous

• wakes up screaming from the american dream
  • Black and nerdy
  • us 
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2015 »
I swear, this whole game has just become elaborate favoritist fanfiction now.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2015 »
Inb4 the game never ends

"Thanks for signing up!!!" - Bowser 2015

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2015 »
@SL and Garrulous:

Of course the game is going to end. Just because it's longer with more events doesn't mean it's not mafia. Mafia also relies on creativity, you know!

Offline MattC

• ggnore sharks
  • aq 
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2015 »
No, Mafia relies on good game balance and role playing and problem solving from the participants. None of that has been demonstrated in this game and all you did on Day 6 was make it even more convoluted. You have too many roles, you're not following your own rules, you keep interfering and adding stupid and unnecessary crap, you decided to add yourself into the game on both sides, and to top it all off you just let Robin ruin the game entirely. Great work.
hey

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2015 »
No, Mafia relies on good game balance and role playing and problem solving from the participants. None of that has been demonstrated in this game and all you did on Day 6 was make it even more convoluted. You have too many roles, you're not following your own rules, you keep interfering and adding stupid and unnecessary crap, you decided to add yourself into the game on both sides, and to top it all off you just let Robin ruin the game entirely. Great work.
This. To put it simply, this whole mafia game was run extremely poorly. It's not how a Mafia game works. It was awful. Much awful than mafia games that Slacker and Yoshiman ran.

Bowser498, you have a lot to learn if you want to run a proper Mafia game. But this does not show that you are capable of hosting a proper Mafia game.

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2015 »

Excuse me, but do you see all the comments below from the participants? There weren't as many as you think. Toad (and S.T.), Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Boo, King Boo, and possibly Toadette.
Look at Yoshiman's. He had 8 different roles for 13 people.
And what you call "stupid and unnecessary crap" is actually daily twists. I added these to make the game more interesting than a typical mafia game. If everything is just doctor, nurse, townies, and mafia, it is extremely boring. Do you see the contestants complaining? No. They are enjoying this activity while it lasts. Just because it's longer and there are more twists doesn't mean it's bad. So what if we're on Day 7 by now? People are ENJOYING the game. The only people I see complaining are the people who aren't playing. I wonder why... And I'm not saying complaining, but complaining in a harsh way. If you say it nicer, I might actually change it. If you don't like the thread, just ignore it. You're not part of the game, so what's the big deal? Don't forget the majority of people here are newcomers. They aren't 100% experts and need some help... People need to have fun you know...
RobinFTW was the cop. He had the right BY ME to say whatever he wanted.
btw, did you even see your link? It is irrelevant to the rules of the game.
Matt, the clones were there for a reason. They don't affect the actual game except that they are extra people.

This. To put it simply, this whole mafia game was run extremely poorly. It's not how a Mafia game works. It was awful. Much awful than mafia games that Slacker and Yoshiman ran.

Bowser498, you have a lot to learn if you want to run a proper Mafia game. But this does not show that you are capable of hosting a proper Mafia game.

Bolded part is not true in several ways. Correct roles, people have been following rules, etc. I have played mafia before, and I know.

It is okay to give criticism, but PLEASE don't say it like you're acting mean. (both)It makes me really p***** and makes me feel like I have put all this time for nothing. I have seen flaws in other previous mafia games, but nobody decided to point them out, such as a certain # of percent of people confirming their role. This is JUST my opinion, but I believe this is the best thing to do.

I am sorry if I had to offend anybody in this post, but I am just stating my opinion in a non-hurtful way.
If I have to delete comments, I will for being rude/disrespectful

CONTESTANTS,  I will allow you to choose. I am actually planning to do a BETTER version (very similar plot) of this in early-mid August after Accj's finishes. Vote either:
1. Continue the game and also make one in August
2. Quit the game now, have Accj's start immediately, and make another one in August. ONLY CONTESTANTS DECIDE.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015 by Bowser498 »

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2015 »
Quit. I've been here for less than seven days, and even with the twists, I'm bored.

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2015 »
VOTES:
Quit: I (BossBlitz88)
Keep: I (SputnicK)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015 by Bowser498 »

Offline SputnicK

• Smash/Halo 3
  • *Magikarp used splash!*
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2015 »

OK that is the rudest crap I have heard in the long time. Who the hell cares if he's not following "traditional" rules, this is a freaking Mario Party forum and it's his board. If he wants to run it differently, then I say let him do it.

Even if he did mess a lot of things up, the way you said it was extremely insulting and completely uncalled for. Seriously as moderators I would expect you to have a level of care towards other peoples feelings.

I really enjoyed this game and appreciate Bowser498 for spending his time to host it.

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2015 »

OK that is the rudest crap I have heard in the long time. Who the hell cares if he's not following "traditional" rules, this is a freaking Mario Party forum and it's his board. If he wants to run it differently, then I say let him do it.

Even if he did mess a lot of things up, the way you said it was extremely insulting and completely uncalled for. Seriously as moderators I would expect you to have a level of care towards other peoples feelings.

I really enjoyed this game and appreciate Bowser498 for spending his time to host it.
^Agreed. Glad you're happy!
Another thing: If you don't like it, JUST ignore it. It's not going to affect you if you're not part of it.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2015 »
Nuuuuuuu I died! X| Just when I got an interesting result... *Slam the table* about the person who incarnate the role of KING BOO!
After 6 nights of investigation, I finally discovered the Mafia's leader.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I gotta admit, I never thought you were guilty, but now it's too late to hide...
Just future advice if you're in Mafia games in the future; you don't have the right to reveal what you know when you've been killed. You're dead, you have no right to talk anymore about what you may or may not know. It's completely unfair to the mafia side, because you, as a dead player, just guaranteed the mafia's demise. I'm just letting you know in case you were confused on this, and didn't know why it was wrong.

Offline Ether

• sucks
  • rip torn
  • ye 
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2015 »
really makes you wish you were robbed of your computer by an actual mafia

Offline RobinFTW

• RWBY!
  • ca 
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2015 »
I don't think it's a bad mafia game... I don't have any experience, but I find this game pretty fun. I think adding twists like this is fine. Yeah, it's not a traditional Mafia game, but what's the matter? I don't get why everybody is bashing on Bowser498... I probably missed something somewhere, but eh.
Nuuuuuuu I died! X| Just when I got an interesting result... *Slam the table* about the person who incarnate the role of KING BOO!
After 6 nights of investigation, I finally discovered the Mafia's leader.

I gotta admit, I never thought you were guilty, but now it's too late to hide...
Just future advice if you're in Mafia games in the future; you don't have the right to reveal what you know when you've been killed. You're dead, you have no right to talk anymore about what you may or may not know. It's completely unfair to the mafia side, because you, as a dead player, just guaranteed the mafia's demise. I'm just letting you know in case you were confused on this, and didn't know why it was wrong.
I appreciate the advice, but I know all that. In this game though, the moderator allowed me, so yeah, but I admit it's kinda of cheap from me.

Here is my Sm4sh license:

Offline Bowser498

• Yoshi and Bowser rule!
  • us 
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2015 »
Sorry for saying this but I feel like I need to redo this another time---1-2 weeks after Accj's ends.
Accj, you can start yours now if you want to.
NOTE: I will be using the same thread and will be deleting all the posts except for the first one---sorry but it must be done.
SIGN-UPS will be in the sign-up thread so we can redo this soon. They will end in a couple of weeks!