Author Topic: Mario Party Eclipse - Towering Treetop! [GAME THREAD, END]  (Read 56099 times)

Offline Timmy

• ~Yo-YO, let's GO! PSI Prodigy!~
  • ca 
Spoiler: Mini-Game Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Board (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bonus Stats (click to show/hide)

If Yoshiman Flutters, the Next Star will appear here...
Spoiler: Final Star (click to show/hide)

H-J rolls 12 (6 + 6; hey 10 coins for you!), Yoshiman rolls 7, Staryu rolls 3 and VIP rolls 3.

@VIP: Roadblock ahead of you is a Fly Guy (you'll get sent back to Start).
@Yoshiman: Your options with Queen Bee again are either send 1 rival in Reverse (-10 coins), Poison all Rivals (-20 coins), or Disable all of them (-50 coins). Although doing so is already pointless if they've moved lol. Also can't do the latter 2 on H-J/Staryu. :P

Remember, you can't pick up or purchase Orbs since it's the final turn!

If I made any errors please tell me!
(Also no H-J those 10 coins from double 6's haven't been added onto your current Coin count lol)

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
Go up and land on DK!
DK please give me something good!!

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Chuck the Toady Orb onto the Blue Space in front of me. Use Sluggish Shroom Orb to roll a 4. Land by Wiggler. Toss the Boo-Away Orb because it's useless.

Offline Timmy

• ca 
Go up and land on DK!
DK please give me something good!!
The DK Bonus gives you 30 coins!

Chuck the Toady Orb onto the Blue Space in front of me. Use Sluggish Shroom Orb to roll a 4. Land by Wiggler. Toss the Boo-Away Orb because it's useless.
No coins found in either Orbs.

Wiggler gives you a Star! And decides to give the others some coins as well...

H-J gets 16 coins, Yoshiman gets 12 coins, and Staryu gets 11 coins.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Drop Thwomp on my current space, then finally use Flutter to the star!
Then purchase the star!

BUY A STAR! :star:

Then advance forwards to a blue space, picking up 2 coins along the way (+11 coins total I assume.)

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
Thwomp two spaces behind me
Dispose of Boo Away
Up at intersection
Ignore Orb shop since it's closed
Buy Star
Blue before VIP's space

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Timmy

• ca 
Final Turn Recap

Staryu (Wario)
- Receives 30 coins from landing on DK's Space.
- Receives 11 coins from VIP's event.

VIP -> VIP (Boo)
- Sets Toady Orb 1 Space ahead of him (no coins found).
- Uses Sluggish 'Shroom to roll a 4 (no coins found). Disposes of Boo-Away Orb.
- Lands by Wiggler and receives a Star!

Yoshiman (Yoshi)
- Receives 12 coins from VIP's event.
- Sets Thwomp Orb 1 Space ahead (you can't place it on your current space but it really doesn't matter since it's last turn anyway LMFAO). No coins found.
- Uses Flutter Orb and finds 3 coins!
- Purchases Star (+1 Star, -20 coins)
- Lands on Blue Space (+9 coins).
- Receives 2 coins from walking.

H-J (Peach)
- Receives 16 coins from VIP's event.
- Sets Thwomp Orb 2 spaces behind. Finds 6 coins!
- Disposes of Boo-Away Orb.
- Proceeds Up and purchases Star (+1 Star, -20 coins).
- Lands on Blue Space (+9 coins).

Final mini-game is one of my childhood online games LMFAO

Spoiler: Mini-Game (click to show/hide)

There are 2 ways to get a game over; either not clearing out a Bomb in time or running out of time.

Spoiler: Score Example (click to show/hide)

Star Flower is the 3rd thing in the upper row. Star Bomb is the 2nd thing on the bottom row. Star Trio is the 3rd thing on the bottom row. How do you make them? That's for the game to tell you. ;)

...Also I'll know if you played on Normal Mode cause the bubbles on the right hand side are the timer LMFAO
That being said, make sure I can see those bubbles. :P

Link to game
^If you want to try again it's better to just refresh the page cause clicking "play again" doesn't seem to work LOL

Offline Timmy

• ca 
Spoiler: Mini-Game Results (click to show/hide)

PARTY'S OVER!

Brighton & Twila: Well done everybody! I'm sure you've enjoyed the Party! Now let's look at the stats...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BUT WAIT! Can't forget the Bonus Stars now! For each award you win, you'll get an additional Star!

First, we have the Mini-Game Star! This is for who won the most coins from mini-games. Our Mini-Game Star winner here is...

Next up, we have the Orb Star! This is for who used the most Orbs during this Party! Our Orb Star winner is...

Moving on, our 3rd Bonus Star is the Action Star! This is awarded to whoever landed on the most Happening Spaces. Our Action Star winner is...

Almost there! We have the Coin Star! This is for the player who wielded the most coins at any one time! Our Coin Star winner is...

Finally! We have the Devious Star! This goes to the player with their Character Spaces triggered the most by rivals! Our Devious Star winner is...

Now, for our winner, we have...

Spoiler: Final Bonus Stats (click to show/hide)

I admit; I wasn't the most vigilant person with hosting this game. This was also a project I was carrying out for school and so I had other schoolwork to deal with, along with other things in my life that stressed me out and then there were some other things I'd prefer doing to relax. :P

HOWEVER, that being said, this was a huge learning experience with me and many unexpected things occurred, such as multiple birthdays, "am I allowed to set an Orb after I move via Warp Pipe/Flutter", RNG silliness (seriously this thing was REALLY stupid LMFAO) etc. and also I need more 1v3 and 2v2 games (I think I literally only had like 3-4 for each :P). I did learn I need to specify such quirks and also having a bonus for mini-games that are pretty much "make a choice and hope for the best" (i.e. Stage Fight, Hide & Scheme, etc.), was stupid and will be removed. In addition I wasn't aware about the issues that the Hexic mini-game caused nor could I find a solution. Then there were a few errors I made.

In essence though, hope ya enjoyed this game, feel free to leave constructive comments and your thoughts along with highlighting moments~
(I know I was upset VIP let Yoshiman escape Unlucky though LMFAO)

Fun fact: I made an error with the Bonus on that Hexic Mini-Game... It was supposed to be 3 Star Bombs for the bonus (I COULD'VE SWORN I PUT 3), but ONLY realized it after Yoshiman & H-J submitted (mind you Yoshiman got 2 Star Bombs lol), so I couldn't have changed it midway. Yep, more quirks that I overlooked. :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015 by Timmy »

• au 
Peach: "Good game everyone! It's a little unfortunate I couldn't pull through in the end, but hey, second is better than fourth~ Freeloader Yoshi strikes again I guess, mh...~"

Me: thanks so much Timmy for hosting another great game! A few things (mostly minigame related):
-Bonuses probably shouldn't exceed half of the worth of winning the minigame except in the last five turns. Getting a star's worth just from winning minigame and bonus on a regular basis is a bit much (but lets orbs become more prevalent I guess lol)
-I don't think it's a good idea for bonuses to be given when the bonus condition is 'send in your response first' unless the bonus is no more than 5 coins
-Get more minigames into the rotation lol seeing that 1v3 wingoball or whatever it was again wasn't fantastic. Definitely encourage getting flash games that aren't attached to dumb things like MSN (which no one uses anymore) to make the minigames more action based (avoid things which could potentially be exploited)
-More a general comment for these sorts of games, but having a clear idea on how items interact with each other and turn order and events in turn order will definitely help things
-Get a better RNG (7, 7, 7, 7! Wigglers and Boo-Aways for first!) lol
-More a question, but any reason why movement affecting roadblocks are host revealed but not other types of roadblocks? Both will affect someone's turn

General game comments:
-So many backhanded deals involving VIP and/or Yoshiman lol (I'm not innocent of this lmao)
-Staryu was bae and I didn't attack him purposely
-Peach didn't get last despite how much I tried to screw things up for others, I probably could have gotten first if second Miracle or final minigame had a different outcome
-rip I need to finish the drawings lol

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
It was fitting that I got fourth, because that's what Mariokirby would have placed originally (I was playing in his place, so I didn't play from the get-go). Yeah, H-J asked me a couple of things to help him out. Actually, I didn't play this game to win, I played to have fun, but I didn't and instead focused too much on assisting other players (especially Yoshiman222 avoiding Unlucky >_>) and got huge amounts of backlash in return.

The yellow orbs were almost completely useless (and the Devious Star in part) because most of the time, we had other orbs in back-up, and we would just cover them with our own, or they would be taken by others. Outside of players landing on their own spaces, there was a grand total of four players stopping on other characters' spaces. Not much point in yellow orbs even though they have a higher chance of giving more coins upon using them.

Other than that, glad to have Timmy fill me in for Mariokirby, and thank you Timmy for hosting the game.

• au 
The yellow orbs were almost completely useless (and the Devious Star in part) because most of the time, we had other orbs in back-up, and we would just cover them with our own, or they would be taken by others. Outside of players landing on their own spaces, there was a grand total of four players stopping on other characters' spaces. Not much point in yellow orbs even though they have a higher chance of giving more coins upon using them.
I wonder how much would have changed if roadblocks counted towards devious lol

Marth is not amused.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
Yoshiman won? Oh, HELL, no! Wario is not pleased with that, no sir... :P
I got the Devious Star? Hehehe...  :wario: I got VIP the most I think LMAO

Good games everyone! You did a very good job hosting Timmy. I'm proud of how you handled everything and I can't wait to see what you will come up with next!