Author Topic: Yooka-Laylee  (Read 36134 times)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
Re: Yooka-Laylee
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2015 »
New Stretch Goal:

Source

I hope they don't go too far.
DLC, not a big fan myself, but they said they will focus entirely on the game itself first.

Offline NintendoFan

• -
  • us 
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2015 »
what is the exchange rate I live in US not Europe

This game, to me... looks very bizarre. Maybe I'll get it at release, but i'd rather dust off the old N64 and play Banjo-Kazooie...
Ancient trash.
Spoiler: Smash 4 license (click to show/hide)

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2015 »
what is the exchange rate I live in US not Europe

This game, to me... looks very bizarre. Maybe I'll get it at release, but i'd rather dust off the old N64 and play Banjo-Kazooie...
What's bizarre?
Just a 3D collect-a-thon platformer.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2015 »
New Stretch Goal:

Source

I hope they don't go too far.
DLC, not a big fan myself, but they said they will focus entirely on the game itself first.
Hey, if it's free for all backers, why complain? :P
Makes me wana back it just for that reason. I can throw away a bit of cash at them.

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2015 »
I wouldn't be suprised if Retro bought Playtonic for use to become a "new" Nintendo IP . I'm excited for it , but I've never played a Banjo game .

:ssb4kirby: :ssb4metaknight: :ssb4villager:

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2015 »
I wouldn't be suprised if Retro bought Playtonic for use to become a "new" Nintendo IP . I'm excited for it , but I've never played a Banjo game .
I would. There's no reason for any company to "Buy" Playtonic at the moment. I can't even see what benefits Nintendo would get out of them based on what they're doing at the moment.

Let Playtonic be and don't send it back into the situation Rare got into. :P
(It's far to early to be talking about this anyhow)

Offline Don't make me beg

• Moon River
  • Wider than a mile
  • us 
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2015 »
Man, what ever happened to expansion packs? I mean, I guess it's a decent way to make money, but still. Announcing DLC before the game has even launched...
I'm crossing you in style

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2015 »
No, Nintendo wholly owns Retro, so they wouldn't buy them.
Plus Playtonic only has 7 people working for them.
Nintendo won't go around buying companies, last time they bought one was Monolith Soft, that was a while ago.
And I don't want to see Playtonic turn into Rare and have the whole sale happen all over again...

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2015 »
Man, what ever happened to expansion packs? I mean, I guess it's a decent way to make money, but still. Announcing DLC before the game has even launched...
Except they won't make DLC until after the base game is complete and released. Think of this like DLC for Mario Kart 8 is handled.

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2015 »
There's a between Beta64 and Playtonic Games on Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country/64, and Yooka-Laylee.

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2015 »
Here's Gamexplain's interview with Playtonic :
And , yeah , I guessed so Yoshiman  :P

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2015 »
Playtonic has shown us a new clip of an idle animation of Yooka and Laylee.

They also say they have more reveals planned for this week.
Source

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2015 »
Haha. So funny. Banjo-Kazooie had the similar idle animations back then, so that humor is still there.

Offline BossBlitz

• Yummy !
  • Tμс★Squad
  • us 
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2015 »
So full of detail and charm ! The effort put in is real in this one  :P

Offline Luma Party

• The Luma
  • ca 
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2015 »
New Characters!

Quote from: Playtonic Games
In their physical days these articulate phantoms were the scribes behind Yooka-Laylee's mysterious book worlds. However, following their suspicious demise the Ghost Writers' unsettled souls are now cursed to endlessly wander their creations in search of spectre salvation. Free their spirits for a special reward

Yooka-Laylee's creative lead, Gavin Price explains: "The Ghost Writers haunting the book worlds will add a fun twist to collecting.  There are a variety of different types hidden in every world, each with their own unique requirement for being caught.

"Mix that with the different areas in which you'll find them, and hopefully theyll result in a fresh challenge with every encounter. Theyre like a living (un-living?) collectible."

Character artist at large, Mr. Steve(n) Mayles described the design process behind his band of ghouls: "As these characters arent based on any particular creature, it was good fun to go a bit crazy with them. And we are crazy guys at Playtonic Towers never a dull moment, etc.

"The ghost was originally going to be one character, but I sketched so many thumbnails (50+) it sparked the idea of having 5 separate ghosts with different abilities."

The Ghost Writers are the third character reveal to date for Yooka-Laylee, following Trowzer and our heroes themselves. There are many more waiting in the wings, we promise.

Dont forget you can still back the Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter and now via PayPal too (15k raised so far!) There are just 18 days left on the campaign as we chase that elusive 2M stretch goal. Thanks for your support!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015 by Luma Party »