Author Topic: Cards Against Insanity - Super Smash Bros. (Sign Ups)  (Read 4404 times)

Offline AbsolPowers

• Back to the Classics, one final time!
  • I am about 300% done with you
  • us 
Welcome to Cards Against Insanity!
This version, the one you are playing, is the Super Smash Bros. version of the game. This card game is about order, but that doesn't mean things can't get hectic. Here's how a standard match is set up:

Each player has a selection of ten randomly selected cards. They can choose three.

Players set up their three cards next to each other. Each set is across from the opponents.

A coin is flipped, and whomever wins the toss goes first.

Said player uses an attack from each card, with certain moves having priority over others within your own team. These moves are healing moves or mending moves. This means if a character like Dedede uses Food Hoard and Diddy Kong (whom is on the same team) uses Tail Wiggling, Dedede's attack would factor first since it's a healing move.

The player (whom lost the coin toss) uses an attack from each card, with the same rules applying. Since you go last, however, you are able to use Counters much more easily, since you know if you are getting attacked. It's worth mentioning that Counters factor for the first move it's hit by, so list your actions carefully!

Damage and chance are calculated, if a card runs out of HP, they are considered out and the other two stay in their place.

Each "round" goes something along this. However, there's a lot to factor. Several abilities give certain moves of your teams/yours priority over the opponents, such as "Princess Potential" which allows your teams mending attacks to go first.
Counters work in which if you are going last (you could use it first, but it's pretty much useless then) you can use your counter to attempt to reflect a SINGLE attack against you towards the attacker. Absorbing moves also absorb a single attack you are targetted by.
Other moves have certain calculations that are used via random number generator, such as the chance of inflicting a status condition. Some abilities have calculations required as well, such as "Ninja Stealth" where every attack you are hit by has a 5% chance of missing.
Note, three players cannot all attack the opponent (if the opponent standardly has 65 HP right off the bat), only two can in a turn unless the match becomes 3 versus 1.

HP:
Health points. These are what calculate the survival of your card. Certain moves can repair or "heal" your HP, and are relatively common to have within your cards.

MA:
Magic. Magic is what allows you to use a special attack, often times more powerful than your run-of-the-mill standard attack. Certain moves can repair or "mend" your MA, and are relatively common to have with your cards.

Def:
Defense. A somewhat uncommon stat, where each defense point has every move you are hit by have 5 Dg shaved off. However, Defense is ignored if the move would be nullified entirely by the attack, so if you have two Defense points and are hit by an attack with 10 Dg, the Defense is ignored. Some characters can boost a Defense point, but it's rare to have. Other attacks can break a defense layer, rendering it unusable for the rest of the game.

Status Conditions:
Poison: Reduces 1 MA each turn for five turns
Burn: Reduces 2 HP each turn for three turns
Paralysis: 50% chance to not move each turn for three turns
Sleep: You can't move for three turns
Flinch: You can't move that turn, it's not necessarily a status condition

Oh! You're interested, it seems! Here are the cards below, to see the characters FULL potential.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And here's the Card Map! You'll see your cards and set up (which you must specify), plus their health, defense, magic, and status! It changes each time, too!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Interested? Sign-up below! We'll be doing a tournament style match. Basically, I'm accepting four people, two of them facing off each other in separate "rooms" (threads) leading off with the winners of each duking it out in a final match.

So.... what are you waiting for? If you think you are all ready (or want to ask questions) sign up below!

PLAYERS
Sashe2705 VERSUS DeadlyxImpulse
SpongYoshi VERSUS The Shattered Legacy (HJ)

Games start Friday: 4PM EST
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014 by AbsolPowers »

Full Super Smash Bros. Signature album HERE Voila!

Offline AbsolPowers

• us 
Re: Cards Against Insanity - Super Smash Bros. (Sign Ups)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014 »
The end date for sign ups is now changed to
NOVEMBER 17th 4PM
PLEASE ask any questions you have since no one has signed up, I'm assuming there is something confusing with it so... ASK AWAY!

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014 »
I have some questions:

1. What is Dg?
2. What is a Defense Layer?

Overall, I still can't understand the rules clearly :P.

Offline AbsolPowers

• us 
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014 »
I have some questions:

1. What is Dg?
2. What is a Defense Layer?

Overall, I still can't understand the rules clearly :P.
Dg is short for damage. And a defense layer is simply one unit of damage. For instance, if you look at Link's card, he has 1 Def, one defense layer. Only two other characters (Meta Knight and Ganondorf) have two layers of Defense naturally. However, characters like DeDedede can add defense layers (a unit of Defense) to a player. Defense layers can be broken with many different moves, so if Pikachu uses Rock Smash on Ganondorf, Ganondorf will only have one unit of Defense left)

Defense is also explained in the rules for how it works so I don't want to go into there, hahaha

Additionally, I have an explanation of defense

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014 »
Thanks for the explanation! There are still some rules that I can't understand, but anyway, I guess I can learn while I'm playing. Sign me up, Sol!

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014 »
As said elsewhere I would like to play but exams coming up in the next five days won't help my availability

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2014 »
A SSB Card game? Sounds like fun, sign me up!

Also question, what are mending moves?

Offline AbsolPowers

• us 
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014 »
A SSB Card game? Sounds like fun, sign me up!

Also question, what are mending moves?

Mending moves heal MA (Magic), so Zero Suit Strength (one of ZSS's) will MEND 5 MA (Magic), which makes it a mending moves. Princess Potential, the ability for Peach and Jigglypuff, allows mending moves (purely mending moves, no attack involved) to go first.

Also, I'd like to note that the three cards one picks at the end will have everything about them explained in detail for you, in case you'd like to know!

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014 »
I'd like to sign!
Im sure everything will be more clear while playing  :P

Offline AbsolPowers

• us 
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014 »
You are signed up and ready to go!
Once the last person signs up, you all will be Private Messaged your roster of ten, in which you choose THREE out of them. You will then respond back with your three in the order they'd appear on the card map.
So, let's say you respond back with "Peach, Marth, Dr. Mario" then on the board Peach will be on the left, Marth in the center, and Dr. Mario on the right. This is important because some moves hit all adjacent players, or players to the left of the target (right if the target is on the left end, in this case, Peach).

Offline AbsolPowers

• us 
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014 »
I don't want to extend the sign-ups any longer so please if you want to join, ask right now any questions or concerns. I guess I could extend it but a second time seems ridiculous.

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014 »
As said elsewhere I would like to play but exams coming up in the next five days won't help my availability
Even in light of the above, signing up officially.

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline AbsolPowers

• us 
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014 »
We're starting Friday at 4PM (or at least the rooms open!) Your card selections should be sent to you by now, and your pick of three will be explained in full detail before you play.

Card maps will also not be updated through images on the forum, rather a Google Doc for easy updates.

Offline Spongyoshi

• Fan of Mario Parties,other games and Cartoons. I love both the New & Old games!!
  • It's Show Time!
  • fr 
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014 »
I will not be there this week-end....