Author Topic: Nintendo is 125 Years Old  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Nintendo is 125 Years Old
« on: September 22, 2014 »
Nintendo was originally founded on Monday, September 23, 1889, by Fusajiro Yamauchi. The company started out by making Hanafuda cards. In 1969, they started the production of electronic toys. Today, Nintendo has now reached its 125th birthday, starting out its 126th year.

Happy birthday, Nintendo!

What are your memories with Nintendo throughout your life? Favorite system and game?

Offline Gizmo

Re: Nintendo is 125 Years Old
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014 »
Happy 125th birthday, Nintendo :D!!! Hope there will be many more great years of making great games :D!

What are your memories with Nintendo throughout your life? Favorite system and game?

I remember when I first played a Mario game. My dad borrowed some Wii games from one of his friends. The first Mario game I played was Super Mario Galaxy. When I saw it, I knew that I was going to play many more Mario games. Well, I was right. My favorite game is... well, I can't name only one. I like most of the Mario games. Mario is the only Nintendo series I've played but I know they're the best at making video games. Again, I wish them many more great years of game making! ;)

Offline Nix

• Used Toon Link stare
  • It's super effective!
  • au 
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014 »
Wow, that's quite an impressive feat.

My favourite system, i'm going to go with either GameCube, there is so may awesome games on this system or DS because it was the first system I owned. Favourite game, I don't think I can pick one, but Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is definitely one of my favourite Mario games.

My first Mario game would've been the original Mario Party I think. I played it up at my family friends with one of my family friends when I was about 4. I remember we always picked 60 turns and we never finished one game.

Offline Lord Vaati

• Better than Ganon in every way.
  • ca 
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014 »
First time I saw a video game was Mario 64 when I was 3. Soon after that I played Smash Bros.... and was horrible at it. :P But I got better.
No more sig.... awwwww....

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014 »
Congrats on the 125th birthday, Ninty!

I've had fond memories over the years of Nintendo. The first Mario game I played was Super Mario Bros., back in 1995. As for my favorite console and game...I'd have to say the N64, for its awesome library, and (really hard to narrow it to one, but for now until I change my mind...) Paper Mario: TTYD. There are just too many great games. =)

Offline Starlit Midnight

• Joint Account of Asuka and Kinetic!~
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014 »
Let's be honest: to many, Nintendo is only 34 years old. :P

Great memories with my SNES. F-Zero, Chrono Trigger, Kirby Super Star, and of course Super Mario World. Hopefully we see better days and the WiiU isn't Nintendo's "Dreamcast Song". :P