Author Topic: Kirby Superstar Ultra  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Paper Mario

• In Paper Form!
Kirby Superstar Ultra
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:29:33 AM »
Has anyone played this before? I think it's worth buying... But I think it's a fun little game. Played it with a friend of mine. Any Thoughts?
It's a-me! Mario! (In Paper Form!)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Re: Kirby Superstar Ultra
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »
Nope, never played. How is the difficulty of the game? What kind of Kirby game is it?

Offline The Shattered Legacy

• Goddess of Light || 8B1T
  • Your Resident Cosmic Senpai
  • au 
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 09:50:12 PM »
Kirby Superstar Ultra is a remake/enhancement of Kirby Super Star (US) / Kirby's Fun Pak (PAL) for the DS. It's essentially 6 games in 1 (plus a Boss Rush mode), plus the extra goodies in the Ultra remake that bring it up to 8 games plus three Boss Rush modes.

Difficulty goes from stupendously easy (Spring Breeze) to not quite Nintendo Hard, but close enough in
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Graphics are fresh and sort of emulate the SNES ones but with a modern touchup. Lots of abilities, and the presence of Helpers makes it lots of fun. (e.g. Knuckle Joe, an Assist Trophy in Brawl, is one possible Helper who represents Fighter ability).

Marth is not amused.
:ssb4marth::ssb4roy::ssb4ike::ssb4lucina::ssb4robin::ssb4reflet::ssb4corrin::ssb4kamui:

Offline Chubzster

• Former MPL Staff
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »
I have it for DS and the original on SNES, but they are too short, but fun. My favorite ability in the game is the wheel.

Offline SpiderStaryu

• Peachy's got it!
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 04:20:48 PM »
I have it, it's OK I guess. It's definitely no "Kirby's Amazing Mirror" but it was pretty fun. The Arena and the other arenas are my favorite.

Offline orangeyoshi13

• A Yoshi. Specifically an orange one.
  • We Orange Yoshis aren't in a lot of games. Hmm.
  • us 
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:18:06 AM »
I do enjoy Super Star Ultra! It's a really fun game, especially the Meta Knightmare Ultra mode. (Meta Knight is awesome 8))