Author Topic: Water Levels  (Read 968 times)

Offline Megumin

• Arch Wizard of the Crimson Demons
  • EXPLOSION!
  • us 
Water Levels
« on: April 11, 2014 »
How do you feel about water levels?

I hate most of them due to a change in mechanics, but some actually played very well, like Sparkling Waters, Noki Bay, Aquarium Park, and the water-themed galaxies in the SMG series.

Offline .

• us 
Re: Water Levels
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014 »
I hate 2D Mario water levels. They make me more bored than a midget at a theme park.

Nothing really interesting happens in those levels... They are really slow paced as well. And don't even get me STARTED on the MUSIC. Especially in NSMBU, I hate the "BAAA, BAAA, BA-BA-BA BAAA" in those levels. So annoying! >.>

They're not too special in Mario 3D World, either. The only section I liked was in Pipeline Lagoon, and you traveled through a sunken ship exhibit in a clear pipe. That looked really cool. :P

Offline Gizmo

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014 »
I hate them all >:(! Especially the ones from the older Mario games like Super Mario Bros. They were hard and boring! I like beach levels, though.

Offline Viboolin of the Pancake

• Do the Floppy Pancake!
  • I'm almost always on Skype.~
  • ph 
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014 »
I'm quite tolerable of underwater levels, but especially so if they don't alter the physics, or at least don't severely change the speed of the game (I.E. Hydrocity in Sonic 3&K, Water Land in Kirby's Epic Yarn).
Alternatively, I also enjoy them when the level gimmick is fun, like in Super Mario Galaxy 2 with the shell, or the "fast water stage" in A Super Mario Thing. The giant underwater fish in SMG(2) scare me a lot though.

I dislike water levels when they really are bad or the pace of the game takes a huge spin, even if temporarily.
The ones I especially remember disliking are Aquas in Star Fox 64 (Sloooooow) and the underwater levels in Pac-Man World 2 (Game suddenly becomes half rail-shooter until the game's final world).
If you want to add me on Skype, just ask!
Currently Playing: Smash 4 (both versions), Mario Kart 8, RP Books, Super Puzzle Platformer
Wants: Hyrule Warriors, My RPs to start, Cavvie
(Yes, I like Doraemon)

Offline AquaYoshi

• Explorer of the Oceans and Stars
  • us 
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014 »
I hate water levels, especially in Sonic. With Mario I feel they rear away from the platforming which is a huge part of Mario when a water level comes up. I love tropical levels however.
Thanks for reading my post! Hope you enjoy the next!