Author Topic: Nintendo Ceasing Wii Production  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Vipsoccermaster

• us 
Nintendo Ceasing Wii Production
« on: October 24, 2013, 02:47:15 PM »
Nintendo has announced that they are ceasing production of Nintendo Wii. It is ceasing in Japan and Europe, with the latter only being able to find Wii Mini in stores. Both countries can buy Wii second-hand, though. Nintendo of America has announced that they will be continuing Wii production throughout the holiday season for 2013.

Source

I wonder if Nintendo of America will cease production in early 2014, after the buzzing holiday season? Wii U has backward-compatibility for Wii.

Offline Yoshiman222

• Now a Yoshi-Tactician. :P
  • Dat sanwich tho...
  • ca 
Re: Nintendo Ceasing Wii Production
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 02:57:29 PM »
Of course.
Everyon'e moving onto the WiiU now and leaving the Wii behind.

It's going to be gone, soon, the Wii.

Offline Blue Toad

• Future Star
  • It's because I'm blue, isn't it?
  • au 
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »
Of course.
Everyon'e moving onto the WiiU now and leaving the Wii behind.

It's going to be gone, soon, the Wii.
Technology moves on. When there's something new to the generation, it replaces the old.

The Wii was a fun console to play with all these years...
"This little fella is ready for a big adventure. Use his extra-fast running speed to get out of sticky situations." - Super Mario 3D World bio

Offline DeadlyxImpulse

• "Jae Turns Up The Volume"
  • Yerdy!1!1
  • us 
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »
Replacement is the sad fate of every console that cannot be ignored.

The Wii U needs to hurry up and bring GCN titles to the Eshop, but I'm going to miss playing with GCN controllers.

Offline IggyKoopaStar

• ca 
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 06:26:03 PM »
The new replace the old, like in every generation, so it's obvious that it's doing this. But still, the Wii U is compatible with Wii games, only thing is that it doesn't support the Gamecube controller and WiiConnect24 though, but most of the things which needs it have been disabled but these which weren't doesn't work with it, so that's the thing anyways.

However, I think it should be alright, after all, wasn't the same thing done with the Wii where Gamecube games were compatible with the Wii and with the 3DS where DS games are compatible? It's following the same way still and I guess it's alright with my Classic Controller Pro instead of my Gamecube controller and it's more easily accesible with only my Wii U.
:ssb4iggy: :ssb4lemmy: :ssb4larry: